CheapStreet Chevelle in print again

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CheapStreet Chevelle in print again

Feb issue of Car Craft.....Editor Doug Glads Bench Racing column......you know the car mag that actually has affordable DIY articles.
    Attached Files
    Maybe I can clear this up.....I thought the cop was a prostitute.

I thought Glad wrote a nice piece - damn that junk ran 11s - good God Ken and Linda - bring her back on tour and let's she her run again!

I would like to see a "Son of Cheap Street" & hope CC makes good on it. To repeat Glad's conclusion "Long live Cheap Street"
    nom de guerre - arrowhead from joysey

"They're no good for you. all they ever think about are cars" (GTO/Warren Oates) - Two Lane Blacktop

Comment

i doubt they will run it on the pt again as they now have a new camaro. better comfort, a/c, better mileage, ect.
      Life is too short to drive boring cars!

Comment

Originally posted by bearphoto View Post
        i doubt they will run it on the pt again as they now have a new camaro. better comfort, a/c, better mileage, ect.
        WOW - all this time I didn't realize those where the benchmarks for selecting a PowerTour ride.

Comment

We drove the new Challenger last year and it's not the same. We had a lot more fun when we drove the cuda or the '66 GS.
          Jim & Cathy North Mankato, MN Long Haulers '04,07,08,09,10,11,12,13,14,18,21Short Haul '05,'15,'17,’19 WST '14,'15,'16,'17,’18

Comment

I actually like driving my '69 Z......no a/c, hot as hell inside the car through the southern states.....on the run into Racine, WI, and through very heavy rain, my trunk was a bathtub, front carpets soaked, windshield defroster not working, wiping off the windshield with a towel, another towel on my head (foreign terrorist look?).......power tour, baby!

Comment

I know when i saw linda and ken last time i was out in CO, they were having electrical issues with the car, and with the way gas prices are it would have been PB&J sandwiches for them going all the way to fl and back... But maybe this year since it is ending closer to home we can put a little pressure on them to bring it this year??
              Long Hauler 2009, 10, 11, 12, 15 3 of 7 in 2013 5 of 8 in 2014 1988 Pontiac Fiero GT

Comment

Originally posted by GTPilot88 View Post
                I know when i saw linda and ken last time i was out in CO, they were having electrical issues with the car, and with the way gas prices are it would have been PB&J sandwiches for them going all the way to fl and back... But maybe this year since it is ending closer to home we can put a little pressure on them to bring it this year??
                Ed, Mary, & 'Earl'
                HRPT LongHaulers, 08, 09, 10, 11, 12, 13, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19.

Inside every old person is a young person wondering, "what the hell happened?"

The man at the top of the mountain didn't fall there. -Vince Lombardi

Comment

On the 07 tour heading out they were having some electrical issues with the fan. i forget what town we were in, somewhere in indiana i think off the freeway in a parking lot about dark trying to rewire those things. got it going and had a great time. Yes the older cars are fun fun but sometimes its hard to beat a good a/c!
                  Life is too short to drive boring cars!

Comment

yea but there is always hope we will see it again soon!
                    Long Hauler 2009, 10, 11, 12, 15 3 of 7 in 2013 5 of 8 in 2014 1988 Pontiac Fiero GT

Comment

Bear, I tend to agree with the GOOD AC bit...but we made it through 2010 and the hell of the south...I will never again truly bitch about Nebraska's humidity. {OK...that's a lie, but you get the point}
                      Andrew
                      1972 Ford Gran Torino Sport and other FoCoMo problem children

2020...year of getting screwed by a Narcissist and learning hard lessons into trusting the wrong people on a business venture.
                      2021...year of singing "99 problems but an asshole ain't one"

Moved cross country twice on a role of the dice...I left Nebraska and came back to Nebraska.

Comment

It's not the A/C that's the problem it's the many, many hack jobs that CC did to the wiring when they had the car. We are looking at totally rewiring before she will be back on PT. As Doug said late night wiring jobs in a Wendy's parking lot in pouring rain sure makes the new Camaro inviting. It will be on PT in 2014 for the 20th anniversary and who knows when she might just show up for another PT.

Linda

Comment

Working...
                        X