Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Gm proving grounds???? 6/2/2012

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Gm proving grounds???? 6/2/2012

    What is this whole thing about the GM PROVING GROUNDS on the 2nd They actually going to hold the show there? or are they getting it confused with the GM Tech Center?...and wasn't there an article about Mt Clemens hosting it downtown in a local paper?
    Long Hauler 2009, 10, 11, 12, 15 3 of 7 in 2013 5 of 8 in 2014 1988 Pontiac Fiero GT

  • #2
    Yes Scott, I believe they made a typo
    Donna
    Williamston, MI (Ohio too)
    Long Haul 2007,2008,2009,2010,2011 2012,2013,2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019

    Comment


    • #3
      yeah, I see them cutting a deal for a special # of people to get in the proving grounds, e.g. last years longhaul deal, but no way they are letting 10,000 undocumented people in there.....although they do allow them in Washington.
      Maybe I can clear this up.....I thought the cop was a prostitute.

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by 173rdherd View Post
        ... no way they are letting 10,000 undocumented people in there.....although they do allow them in Washington.
        Well if you'all wouldn't let them in then they wouldn't be able to be in Washington! ;-)

        Comment


        • #5
          After talking with Craig from GM Performance and what it took to get the long hauler ceremony held at the proving grounds, I don't see anyway that it will happen again.
          Donna
          Williamston, MI (Ohio too)
          Long Haul 2007,2008,2009,2010,2011 2012,2013,2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019

          Comment


          • #6
            I pulled it up from the Family Events calendar, specifically the Hotel booking section, where the venue is shown as a green pin, with the description of Proving Grounds. There are lots of different areas within that section of property.


            http://www.familyevents.com/event/229

            http://www.reservetravel.com/v6/sear...Z&siteId=22464

            Comment


            • #7
              If we get to do a lap if the proving grounds again I am mounting a few go pros and having a ball!

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by White Monster View Post
                I pulled it up from the Family Events calendar, specifically the Hotel booking section, where the venue is shown as a green pin, with the description of Proving Grounds. There are lots of different areas within that section of property.


                http://www.familyevents.com/event/229

                http://www.reservetravel.com/v6/sear...Z&siteId=22464

                when i do that it shows the green spot at about where the GM Tech Center is...

                But there was also that newspaper article saying it was going to be in downtown Mnt Clemens.
                Long Hauler 2009, 10, 11, 12, 15 3 of 7 in 2013 5 of 8 in 2014 1988 Pontiac Fiero GT

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by GTPilot88 View Post
                  when i do that it shows the green spot at about where the GM Tech Center is...

                  But there was also that newspaper article saying it was going to be in downtown Mnt Clemens.
                  I think if you look at the green teardrop, and then look at the list of hotels, and their distances from the venue, it sure looks like it's going to be the Tech Center. And, a recap of one of the newspaper articles......

                  http://www.macombdaily.com/articles/...7245333266.txt

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by 173rdherd View Post
                    yeah, I see them cutting a deal for a special # of people to get in the proving grounds, e.g. last years longhaul deal....
                    Now that is an idea..... and I would do it just like last year at KSC....

                    Ed & Jane Tampa, FL
                    1966 Plymouth Fury III
                    2014 Dodge Ram 1500
                    Long Hauler - 2009,2010,2012,2013,2014
                    Cocoa Beach & Valdosta - 2011

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Adding to the confusion, the Autopalooza site says the HRPT will be at the Proving Grounds...

                      http://www.autopalooza.org/hpt.html#img/hpt/3.jpg

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        From the autopalooza website:


                         Date: June 2
                        Hot Rod Power Tour

                        The Hot Rod Power Tour is a rolling testament to the car collecting hobby. The tour spends a week traveling to some of the greatest cities in the country. It includes fun, food, games and music includes fun for all ages and interests. Thousands of hot-rods will descend on Metro-Detroit for the final stop of this year's tour! Whether you are a "Long-hauler" or simply joining the fun at the final stop, this event is a can't miss to kick off your summer.
                        GM Milford Proving Grounds - Metro Detroit

                        Phone: 1-(800)-DETROIT | Web site: www.hotrod.com

                        I think this is last year's news.........
                        Last edited by oletrux4evr; December 20, 2011, 01:01 PM.
                        Ed, Mary, & 'Earl'
                        HRPT LongHaulers, 08, 09, 10, 11, 12, 13, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19.


                        Inside every old person is a young person wondering, "what the hell happened?"

                        The man at the top of the mountain didn't fall there. -Vince Lombardi

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          If you go to Family Events and click on book hotels it "says" Gm Proving Grounds but all the hotels are listed in Warren near the GM TECH CENTER.................none near Milford, MI. 50 miles away.
                          Phil / Omaha

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            I stand by my "no proving grounds" prediction.....last year was probably an act of God.
                            Maybe I can clear this up.....I thought the cop was a prostitute.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by oletrux4evr View Post
                              From the autopalooza website:


                               Date: June 2
                              Hot Rod Power Tour

                              The Hot Rod Power Tour is a rolling testament to the car collecting hobby. The tour spends a week traveling to some of the greatest cities in the country. It includes fun, food, games and music includes fun for all ages and interests. Thousands of hot-rods will descend on Metro-Detroit for the final stop of this year's tour! Whether you are a "Long-hauler" or simply joining the fun at the final stop, this event is a can't miss to kick off your summer. GM Milford Proving Grounds - Metro Detroit

                              Phone: 1-(800)-DETROIT | Web site: www.hotrod.com

                              I think this is last year's news.........

                              If you read it, it seems to be last year's announcement, since it talks about the final stop being Detroit. I agree with others that GM will not open the Milford site again for this. I think we had a once in a lifetime event...
                              Dannie
                              2010 Camaro SS
                              Long Haul 2010/2011
                              Power Tour 2012 (Stillwater/Arlington/Optima Face Off)

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X