Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What To Do On Tour 2012

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #16
    Originally posted by rexdogg View Post
    if you see anything else on this, can you keep us posted?....or, maybe he can re-post here on the PT board?....maybe we could hit that after we do a VA cruise (if we do one)......
    Than plan is for a VA cruise, Dave. I've been looking and not finding much around Detroit except a HUGE hospital. Will be talking with those folks soon to see if they have a rehab center like Cleveland did.

    Linda

    Comment


    • #17
      Originally posted by 1cheapstreet View Post
      Than plan is for a VA cruise, Dave. I've been looking and not finding much around Detroit except a HUGE hospital. Will be talking with those folks soon to see if they have a rehab center like Cleveland did.

      Linda
      Thanks, Lin.....knew you would be on top of that.....as an aside, I wrote a check on the VA cruise last year, then couldn't find it, so I wrote another to replace it.....yesterday, my son-in-law was over to work on my Chevelle (installing audio stuff in the trunk, taking advantage of some mild weather before we get hammered today with snow); anyway, in the trunk was the first check I wrote.....hah!

      Comment


      • #18
        Originally posted by BluLightning View Post
        Don't forget we're doing Mexican night somewhere along the route. Maybe we'll get some free drinks for putting on a car show the parking lot!
        Keep Me Posted!!! I'll show up with mom and dad (silver bullet) in tow... We are ALWAYS up for Mexican Nite!!!
        Sean
        LH 2008,09,10,11,12,14
        Drivin' it home!
        http://www.bangshift.com/forum/showt...h-Expectations.
        Some people are like slinkies - not really good for much.
        But they bring a smile to your face when pushed down the stairs.

        Comment


        • #19
          A little out of the way, or maybe on your way to or from, Eddie Hills Fun Cycles, Wichita Falls, TX

          http://www.eddiehillsfuncycles.com/default.asp
          200WINS HRPT Long Haul 2008, 09, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14 Bettendorf, WI Dells, 15 Champaign, Madison, 16 OK City, Wichita, KC, 17 KC, Newton

          Comment


          • #20
            St. Louis Treat, Ted Drewes Frozen Custard Shop, a Route 66 icon....

            http://www.teddrewes.com/home/default.aspx
            200WINS HRPT Long Haul 2008, 09, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14 Bettendorf, WI Dells, 15 Champaign, Madison, 16 OK City, Wichita, KC, 17 KC, Newton

            Comment


            • #21
              updated 2 days ago by Mike Copeland under “First Ever BangShift Gathering and Party and Concert in General Discussion

              "I thought we would start about 6:00 on Friday evening. That would give everyone time to get to Michigan, and register at the PT venue. You are more than welcome to bring your equipment to the shop any day you want. We have plenty room.

              You can start setting up anytime Friday. The store will be open Thursday from 9 to 7, and again 9-7 on Friday. You will not interfer with our normial business. You can pick your stuff up on Saturday if you want. We will be open from 9 to 5, or we can arrange to meet there if you can't make it while we are open.
              I am planning to do the long haul again this year. Some of my people will most likely make the run to Muskegon with the tour on Sunday. It is only a couple hours from my shop to the Muskegon venue."
              Last edited by >>>>head; February 1, 2012, 11:45 AM.
              nom de guerre - arrowhead from joysey

              "They're no good for you. all they ever think about are cars" (GTO/Warren Oates) - Two Lane Blacktop

              Comment


              • #22
                Two in Texas worth seeing.

                http://www.fairpark.org/index.php?op...article&id=351

                http://www.ntxautomuseum.com/
                sigpicDavid N.
                86 GN
                08 Sky Redline
                98 GS

                Comment


                • #23
                  Wasn't there a guy in Oklahoma that has a ton of old race cars, Like Micky Thompson Bonneville mustang and the pro stock fairmont? I have seen stories of it of tv. I would love to see that......

                  Comment


                  • #24
                    Yeah, Dean had messaged me about it some time back.
                    Originally posted by RSRXION
                    RK Machine in Ripley Oklahoma. It's a very small town about 15-20 minutes from Stillwater. It's owned by a good friend named Rick Kirk. He's the guy who built the engine in my Mach 1. The deal is in on a private tour of his place. It will be time well spent. I see something new every time I visit and I've been going there for 25 + years.

                    Let me know how I can help. Dean
                    Andrew
                    1972 Ford Gran Torino Sport and other FoCoMo problem children

                    2020...year of seeing clearly for the first time in a while. And moving half way across the USA to rehabilitate a 65 year old abandoned dealership into a rod and resto shop.

                    Moving to Alabama from Nebraska...I left Nebraska and came back to Nebraska. Only with a lot less snow.

                    Comment


                    • #25
                      Originally posted by >>>>head View Post
                      updated 2 days ago by Mike Copeland under “First Ever BangShift Gathering and Party and Concert in General Discussion

                      "I thought we would start about 6:00 on Friday evening. That would give everyone time to get to Michigan, and register at the PT venue. You are more than welcome to bring your equipment to the shop any day you want. We have plenty room.

                      You can start setting up anytime Friday. The store will be open Thursday from 9 to 7, and again 9-7 on Friday. You will not interfer with our normial business. You can pick your stuff up on Saturday if you want. We will be open from 9 to 5, or we can arrange to meet there if you can't make it while we are open.
                      I am planning to do the long haul again this year. Some of my people will most likely make the run to Muskegon with the tour on Sunday. It is only a couple hours from my shop to the Muskegon venue."
                      thought I saw somewhere(?), that early PT registration on Friday afternoon was at the Warren City Hall.....anyone else see that?

                      Comment


                      • #26
                        I saw that but can't find it again.......
                        Ed, Mary, & 'Earl'
                        HRPT LongHaulers, 08, 09, 10, 11, 12, 13, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19.


                        Inside every old person is a young person wondering, "what the hell happened?"

                        The man at the top of the mountain didn't fall there. -Vince Lombardi

                        Comment


                        • #27
                          Originally posted by rexdogg View Post
                          thought I saw somewhere(?), that early PT registration on Friday afternoon was at the Warren City Hall.....anyone else see that?
                          I too saw that, it may have been on the Family Events site when I was registering.
                          Cleve
                          Cape May, NJ
                          2006LH 2007LH 2012LH
                          There's no such thing as "Too much Power", only too little traction.

                          Comment


                          • #28
                            Does anyone know if we are going to get to race and or autocross on tour this year, if so when and where. I have searched but not been able to find anything yet.
                            Last edited by Thomasmoto; February 28, 2012, 08:41 PM.
                            2011 Long Hauler
                            2011 Corvette Grand Sport-650 HP Edelbrock Eforce SC 6 speed paddleshift auto

                            1979 Pontiac Trans Am-800 hp 5 speed Richmond Super Street OD with Long shifter

                            Comment


                            • #29
                              I had heard in St.Louis?
                              HRPT LH- 09,10,11,12
                              DW- 12,16,17
                              "Stay thirsty my friends"
                              The worlds most interesting man

                              Comment


                              • #30
                                Originally posted by RAIV70Judge View Post
                                I had heard in St.Louis?
                                I agree, I would think that Gateway would provide drag racing.
                                sigpic

                                "People Sleep Peacefully in their beds at Night Because Rough Men Stand Ready to do violence on their Behalf."
                                - George Orwell

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X