Clear All

• Rocketman
    replied
    Thank you for that info Motor City Impala

Leave a comment:

• Motor City Impala
    replied
    Detroit area events and locations Macomb County

Having grown up 8 miles from the GM Tech Center and being a former employee I can tell you that VanDyke, Woodward, Gratiot and Telegraph will ALL be busy with cars just as numerous as if it were DreamCruise weekend. Ok Vandyke...12 Mile is where the Tech center is located....north on Vandyke you have a Chrysler assembly plant (16/-1/2 to 17 mile) and then a ford assembly plant at 18 Mile. Just north of 18 mile is Kart 2 Kart for all your indoor karting needs. Lots of great places to eat up and down VanDyke. NATIONAL CONEY ISLAND is a MUST STOP. Erma's Frozen Custard is another local favorite. For those who like to hit local watering holes...Hatchy's in Downtown Utica is owned by a former RedWing. Chelli's Chilli (Chris Chellios REDWINGS) is on Hayes at 18Mile. GM Heritage Museum is just up the road from the GM Tech Center. It is located between 15 and 16 mile just off Mound. Oh and for those that really want to poke around CAS (Custom Automotive Services) handles the GM Show car fleet and they are in the southwest corner of 18 and Mound. ROMEO engine plant...YEAH THAT PLANT./..home of FORD ShelbyGT 500 engines...and the new Coyote 5.0 YEAH thats at 32 mile and the Vandyke Bypass...about a 15 minute ride from the ford plant at 18 mile.
    Shermans Auto Body is located at 28 mile and Vandyke in Washington Township.

Local parts stores: A#1 on my list in Utica/Shelby TWP is DECKERS Auto Parts (Old School counter guys)...FAMILY owned for 35+ years on Vandyke just south of 21 mile. There are several parts stores up and down VanDyke in the area and ALL would appreciate your business if you have a need.

Local shopping....3 great malls if you are in the mood to shop or the wives/gf's need some time away: Lakeside is closest to all Vandyke Ave/Warren events..its on Hall Rd/M-59 at Schoenherr Rd. Also Partridge Creek...LAdies love it is also on Hall Rd closer to Mt Clemens. Somerset Collection in Troy very close to I-75 on BigBeaver... oh yeah EXIT 69 on I-75 in Michigan is Big Beaver.....Dont believe me...Google it.

Most of the cities that all these are in are Warren, Utica, Shelby Township, Romeo, Washington Township, Troy, Sterling Heights, Clinton Township, Mt. Clemens.

for those who recall the ORIGINAL HOT ROD FASTEST STREET CAR SHOOTOUT....the place that got it started is Eddies drive in on Jefferson just south of Crocker in Harrison Township. That is where Rick Dyer and Danny Scott and Jim Trepanski got hot Rod to sit up and take notice. Yes you remember the Pale Yellow 69 camaro (Rick) and blue 66 Chevelle (Danny) and Orange 68 camaro (Jim) from the CARS Inc days. This is 10 minute drive from Downtown Mt Clemens... #1 menu recommendation BOSTON COOLER.
    If there is anything else I can add I will...any questions feel free.

Leave a comment:

• Bucky67
    replied
    Originally posted by Leon View Post
    That's still a good way for people to get injured if something goes wrong.
    Amen Leon!! I couldn't have said it better myself.

Leave a comment:

• Bucky67
    replied
    Originally posted by GTPilot88 View Post
    yea that is the pit i am talking about...just some fun street burn outs...not a pit to melt your tires.

See you in STL..maybe run jade down the track again there?

I see what you and Bill are saying; but once again, there are too many things that could go wrong with THAT many people standing that close. When I was in Muskegon, it was scary seeing how close people were getting to those cars. James and I tried to move people back, but no one listened. I would NEVER put myself or anyone else at risk by doing somethingthat irresponsible.
    Once again, I’ll reiterate that there’s nothing wrong with putting on a small show in a hotel parking lot because the one night in Montgomery, everyone was sitting in the grass in lawn chairs. No one was in harm’s way, and for the mostpart, it was controlled. That “pit” inthe video is not controlled.

Sorry guys, but No Bueno! ! Bill, thanks for the compliment on the burn outs that Jade can do. Really, it’s not the driver; it’s more thecar….. Ha Ha Ha.

Scott, hell yes I’ll put Jade on the track atGateway!!! I’d Love to be able to saythat Jade is a 11 second street/show car!!!
    Last edited by Bucky67; April 14, 2012, 07:25 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Leon
    replied
    That's still a good way for people to get injured if something goes wrong.

Leave a comment:

• GTPilot88
    replied
    yea that is the pit i am talking about...just some fun street burn outs...not a pit to melt your tires.

See you in STL..maybe run jade down the track again there?

Leave a comment:

• Vsolo
    replied
    Originally posted by Bucky67 View Post
    Scott, I'm not sure what your leaning towards when you say "join in the pit", but Jade will never participate in a burn out contest. I don't mind putting her on the track, road course, or auto-cross; but just sitting there burning your tires for minutes on end to see who can create the most smoke is pointless. Not only that but the wear and tear that you just put on the drive-train is for nothing.

Now, don't get me wrong, I'm not against doing a burn out in a hotel parking lot, or grabbing a second gear scratch, or maybe even a third; but there's a big difference between that, and roasting the tires off until they melt. That's not my cup of tea.

To answer your question, I'll be joining ya'll in the Show Me State and the tour won't get to the STL quick enough.....
    I think he was talking about "this" pit.... you know the roar of the crowd, and you do great burn outs

Leave a comment:

• cstmwgn
    replied
    Now, don't get me wrong, I'm not against doing a burn out in a hotel parking lot, or grabbing a second gear scratch, or maybe even a third; but there's a big difference between that, and roasting the tires off until they melt. That's not my cup of tea.
    AMEN brother!

Leave a comment:

• Bucky67
    replied
    Originally posted by GTPilot88 View Post
    Bucky to bad Jade won't be in Muskegon to join in the pit.... there will have to an impromptu to pit for you once you join, where is that going to be again?
    Scott, I'm not sure what your leaning towards when you say "join in the pit", but Jade will never participate in a burn out contest. I don't mind putting her on the track, road course, or auto-cross; but just sitting there burning your tires for minutes on end to see who can create the most smoke is pointless. Not only that but the wear and tear that you just put on the drive-train is for nothing.

To answer your question, I'll be joining ya'll in the Show Me State and the tour won't get to the STL quick enough.....

Leave a comment:

• BluLightning
    replied
    Originally posted by GNGAL View Post
    Great idea LadyGT ! !

As far as the Copeland party.... anyone have address ? All BS'ers welcome ?
    Here's the info on the party and all BS'ers are welcome.
    Pewee made this post http://www.bangshift.com/forum/showt...ty-and-Concert looking for a place to hold a BangShift jam session / party.

We recently moved my business, Diversified Creations, into a 16,000 sqft building. We are located in Brighton, MI about 10 miles from the Milford Proving Grounds. I offered to host this event at my shop, and it appears many BS people (and others) will be joining the fun. Our address is 7207 Grand River, Brighton, MI 48114.

As stated earlier, I also work for Lingenfelter Performance Engineering. Ken Lingenfelter, the company owner has a private car collection of about 200 cars. We have about 145 in the Brighton MI building where my office is located. On Friday during the day we are going to open the collection for Power Tour attendees. I will post more information as it comes available.

What's the Copeland party?
    See above Dave.
    Last edited by BluLightning; April 12, 2012, 09:44 AM.

Leave a comment:

• GTPilot88
    replied
    James and I were at the burn out compitition last year, and it was CRAZY!!!! I didn't see any BangShifters participating, but man, it was full of cars and scary burn outs. People were way to close, and no croud control or even enforcers. Come to think of it, I'm not sure who was responsible for it, but it was out of control!!!
    Bucky to bad Jade won't be in Muskegon to join in the pit.... there will have to an impromptu to pit for you once you join, where is that going to be again?

Leave a comment:

• Big Dave
    replied
    What's the Copeland party?

Leave a comment:

• GNGAL
    replied
    Originally posted by LadyGT View Post
    Whenever I participate in a PT, I usually contact each venue's chamber of commerce and ask them to send me information about their city.
    Great idea LadyGT ! !

As far as the Copeland party.... anyone have address ? All BS'ers welcome ?

Leave a comment:

• dianeokie
    replied
    I'm going to tour the Roush Collection in Livonia on Friday. If anyone is interested, let me know. They aren't on the list that VisitDetroit has, so I called and they placed my name on the calendar and said they did not have any events scheduled, so we would be welcome!

Leave a comment:

• Bucky67
    replied
    Originally posted by street72 View Post
    I just heard back from Gary, who is the events coordinator for the resturant, and it is a go that they will have a burn out box for all to use at Fricano's Muskegon Lake at 1050 W.Western Ave, Muskegon,MI just after the events close down at the main stage for the Power Tour. So get you spare tires ready..
    James and I were at the burn out compitition last year, and it was CRAZY!!!! I didn't see any BangShifters participating, but man, it was full of cars and scary burn outs. People were way to close, and no croud control or even enforcers. Come to think of it, I'm not sure who was responsible for it, but it was out of control!!!

Leave a comment:

Working...
X