No announcement yet.

What To Do On Tour 2012

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just got this in an email (Click here--->) Power Tour News: Visit Detroit Early For Exclusive Private Tours & More

The GM Proving Ground (Milford, MI) will host the kickoff of the Hot Rod Magazine Power Tour on Saturday, June 2nd , but visit Detroit early as the fun kicks off with a whole week of Pre-Power Tour activities starting Monday, May 28th!

Courtesy of the Detroit Metro Convention & Visitors Bureau, registered Power Tour participants will receive exclusive access to:
    2-for-1 Admissions to area Automotive Attractions & Museums from Monday, May 28th thru Sunday, June 3rd, like the Ford Piquette Avenue Plant, R.E. Olds Transportation Museum and Walter P. Chrysler Museum just to name a few (checkout Autopalooza.org for information)

Free Track Day at area race tracks
    Friday is “Free Prix” Day at the Chevrolet Detroit Belle Isle Grand Prix with a special “Hot Rod” car corral for Power Tour participants on Friday, June 1. Discounted ticket and “Hot Rod” car corral packages also available on June 3 for Power Tour participants.

Nightly Cruises
    Tuesday, May 29 – Celebrate the Big 3 Cruise various locations along Van Dyke Avenue (Warren, Sterling Heights and Utica)
    Thursday, May 31 – Experience Woodward Cruise Night in Ferndale from 5pm until 10pm
    Friday, June 1 – Pre-Cruise Party in Downtown Mt. Clemens from 5pm until 10pm
    Saturday, June 2 – WatsonHurst Afterglow in Warren from 7pm until 11pm

VIP Private Garage Tour - Just announced! The Lingenfelter Collection which includes over 200 cars and keeps around 145 at their facility in Brighton, Michigan are planning to open the collection on Friday, June 1, 2012 from 10:00 a.m. till 6:00 p.m. There will be no charge for Hot Rod Power Tour participants. The collection is located approximately 6 miles from the GM Milford Proving Grounds.

Power Tour Registration Hours:
    Friday 9am – 6pm: Power Tour registration and credential pick-up open at Warren City Hall in Warren, M
    Saturday 9am – 6pm: Power Tour registration and credential pick-up open at GM Proving Ground in Milford, MI
    Last edited by Vsolo; March 16, 2012, 01:42 PM.
    So. Central PA
    Long Hauler 2010 & 2011 (2 stops 2014) 2015

NERR 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014

Comment

Anyone know of anything between Stillwater and Arlington?
      Ryan's Cars in Barns Blog
      www.carsinbarns.blogspot.com

Comment

Originally posted by Devil View Post
        Anyone know of anything between Stillwater and Arlington?
        Northstar Dragway is located about 30 miles south of Gainesville, TX
        on Interstate 35. They have grudge races on Friday nights. This is
        a nice 1/8 mile dragstrip.

Poker88qq sebagai agen judi poker88 qq online terpercaya Indonesia. Permainan judi poker dominoqq terlengkap. Deposit termurah dan bonus jackpot terbesar.

Comment

Originally posted by SoCalCamaro View Post
          Chain of Rocks bridge, went there on the Illinois side, which they recommend, actually a little north of St Louis. I didn't find Ted Drewes frozen custard, which I got to try this time through. I want to try and get to Detroit area a day or two earlier to go to the Ford, Chrysler or Chevy museums. Hmmm, I'm sure there's more I want to see...
          Unfortunately, GM doesn't have a museum that is open to the public normally. Although if you get a group of people together and schedule something ahead of time I'm pretty sure you can arrange a tour, it isn't free but if you have the right size group, per person it ends up being a pretty normal price to get into.. I've been in the GM Heritage Center a few times and it is definitely worth the effort!
          1968 Torino - DOHC 4.6L/T56 swap project
          2011 CTS-V Wagon - TR-6060 equipped

Comment

Were you driving this last year ? Sorry if I forgot your name - this fella had a friend in a red & white 57 Chevy from Texas with him.

Here's the 57'
            Last edited by 70chevyC-10; March 30, 2012, 01:34 PM.
            Phil / Omaha

Comment

IF anyone is traveling across I-80 to Detroit for the week prior to Power Tour, consider the Hot Rod Super Nationals May 25 - 27 in Lincoln, NE.

200WINS HRPT Long Haul 2008, 09, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14 Bettendorf, WI Dells, 15 Champaign, Madison, 16 OK City, Wichita, KC, 17 KC, Newton
              Forum Freaks Road Trip, 2020 Kool Deadwood Nites, 2021 Southernmost Road Trip, 2022 Great Southern Tour

Comment

Thanks George. Planning on going to this at least one night this year. Missed the last two years, and just like Americruise, it's a riot...
                Andrew
                1972 Ford Gran Torino Sport and other FoCoMo problem children

2020...year of getting screwed by a Narcissist and learning hard lessons into trusting the wrong people on a business venture.
                2021...year of singing "99 problems but an asshole ain't one"

Moved cross country twice on a role of the dice...I left Nebraska and came back to Nebraska.

Comment

I just read that Muskegon will have a burn out box open after the Power Tour shuts down on Sunday night so we won't have to tear up some street or parking lot. It's located at Fricano's on the Lake..1050 W Western Ave, Muskegon, MI.They are a pizza resturant and looks like good food.I will have more info in a few days when the event coordinator gets back to me. BUt it sounds good and the resturant did say they were part of the festivities for that weekend..
                  I just love my Hot Rods.

Long Hauled 2009,2010,2011,2012 and 2013. Loved every minute of it.

Comment

I just heard back from Gary, who is the events coordinator for the resturant, and it is a go that they will have a burn out box for all to use at Fricano's Muskegon Lake at 1050 W.Western Ave, Muskegon,MI just after the events close down at the main stage for the Power Tour. So get you spare tires ready..
                    I just love my Hot Rods.

Long Hauled 2009,2010,2011,2012 and 2013. Loved every minute of it.

Comment

Originally posted by street72 View Post
                      I just heard back from Gary, who is the events coordinator for the resturant, and it is a go that they will have a burn out box for all to use at Fricano's Muskegon Lake at 1050 W.Western Ave, Muskegon,MI just after the events close down at the main stage for the Power Tour. So get you spare tires ready..
                      James and I were at the burn out compitition last year, and it was CRAZY!!!! I didn't see any BangShifters participating, but man, it was full of cars and scary burn outs. People were way to close, and no croud control or even enforcers. Come to think of it, I'm not sure who was responsible for it, but it was out of control!!!
                      sigpic

"People Sleep Peacefully in their beds at Night Because Rough Men Stand Ready to do violence on their Behalf."
                      - George Orwell

Comment

I'm going to tour the Roush Collection in Livonia on Friday. If anyone is interested, let me know. They aren't on the list that VisitDetroit has, so I called and they placed my name on the calendar and said they did not have any events scheduled, so we would be welcome!

Comment

Originally posted by LadyGT View Post
                          Whenever I participate in a PT, I usually contact each venue's chamber of commerce and ask them to send me information about their city.
                          Great idea LadyGT ! !

As far as the Copeland party.... anyone have address ? All BS'ers welcome ?

Comment

What's the Copeland party?
                            Long Haul Gang 2011,12,13,14,15,16,17,19
                            The older I get The Faster I was!

Comment

Originally posted by Bucky67 View Post
                              James and I were at the burn out compitition last year, and it was CRAZY!!!! I didn't see any BangShifters participating, but man, it was full of cars and scary burn outs. People were way to close, and no croud control or even enforcers. Come to think of it, I'm not sure who was responsible for it, but it was out of control!!!
                              Bucky to bad Jade won't be in Muskegon to join in the pit.... there will have to an impromptu to pit for you once you join, where is that going to be again?
                              Long Hauler 2009, 10, 11, 12, 15 3 of 7 in 2013 5 of 8 in 2014 1988 Pontiac Fiero GT

Comment

Originally posted by GNGAL View Post
                                Great idea LadyGT ! !

As far as the Copeland party.... anyone have address ? All BS'ers welcome ?
                                Here's the info on the party and all BS'ers are welcome.
                                Pewee made this post http://www.bangshift.com/forum/showt...ty-and-Concert looking for a place to hold a BangShift jam session / party.

We recently moved my business, Diversified Creations, into a 16,000 sqft building. We are located in Brighton, MI about 10 miles from the Milford Proving Grounds. I offered to host this event at my shop, and it appears many BS people (and others) will be joining the fun. Our address is 7207 Grand River, Brighton, MI 48114.

As stated earlier, I also work for Lingenfelter Performance Engineering. Ken Lingenfelter, the company owner has a private car collection of about 200 cars. We have about 145 in the Brighton MI building where my office is located. On Friday during the day we are going to open the collection for Power Tour attendees. I will post more information as it comes available.

What's the Copeland party?
                                See above Dave.
                                Last edited by BluLightning; April 12, 2012, 09:44 AM.
                                I R Bob
                                You can't drink all day unless you start in the morning!
                                2007 LH, 2008 LH, 2009 LH, 2010 LH, 2011 LH, 2012 DNF/BLOW'D UP, 2013 LH, 2014 LH

Comment

Working...
                                X