What To Do On Tour 2012

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by GTPilot88 View Post
    Bucky to bad Jade won't be in Muskegon to join in the pit.... there will have to an impromptu to pit for you once you join, where is that going to be again?
    Scott, I'm not sure what your leaning towards when you say "join in the pit", but Jade will never participate in a burn out contest. I don't mind putting her on the track, road course, or auto-cross; but just sitting there burning your tires for minutes on end to see who can create the most smoke is pointless. Not only that but the wear and tear that you just put on the drive-train is for nothing.

Now, don't get me wrong, I'm not against doing a burn out in a hotel parking lot, or grabbing a second gear scratch, or maybe even a third; but there's a big difference between that, and roasting the tires off until they melt. That's not my cup of tea.

To answer your question, I'll be joining ya'll in the Show Me State and the tour won't get to the STL quick enough.....
    sigpic

"People Sleep Peacefully in their beds at Night Because Rough Men Stand Ready to do violence on their Behalf."
    - George Orwell

Comment

Originally posted by Bucky67 View Post
      Now, don't get me wrong, I'm not against doing a burn out in a hotel parking lot, or grabbing a second gear scratch, or maybe even a third; but there's a big difference between that, and roasting the tires off until they melt. That's not my cup of tea.
      AMEN brother!

Comment

Originally posted by Bucky67 View Post
        Scott, I'm not sure what your leaning towards when you say "join in the pit", but Jade will never participate in a burn out contest. I don't mind putting her on the track, road course, or auto-cross; but just sitting there burning your tires for minutes on end to see who can create the most smoke is pointless. Not only that but the wear and tear that you just put on the drive-train is for nothing.

To answer your question, I'll be joining ya'll in the Show Me State and the tour won't get to the STL quick enough.....
        I think he was talking about "this" pit.... you know the roar of the crowd, and you do great burn outs

So. Central PA
        Long Hauler 2010 & 2011 (2 stops 2014) 2015

NERR 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014

Comment

yea that is the pit i am talking about...just some fun street burn outs...not a pit to melt your tires.

See you in STL..maybe run jade down the track again there?
          Long Hauler 2009, 10, 11, 12, 15 3 of 7 in 2013 5 of 8 in 2014 1988 Pontiac Fiero GT

Comment

That's still a good way for people to get injured if something goes wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by GTPilot88 View Post
              yea that is the pit i am talking about...just some fun street burn outs...not a pit to melt your tires.

See you in STL..maybe run jade down the track again there?

I see what you and Bill are saying; but once again, there are too many things that could go wrong with THAT many people standing that close. When I was in Muskegon, it was scary seeing how close people were getting to those cars. James and I tried to move people back, but no one listened. I would NEVER put myself or anyone else at risk by doing somethingthat irresponsible.
              Once again, I’ll reiterate that there’s nothing wrong with putting on a small show in a hotel parking lot because the one night in Montgomery, everyone was sitting in the grass in lawn chairs. No one was in harm’s way, and for the mostpart, it was controlled. That “pit” inthe video is not controlled.

Sorry guys, but No Bueno! ! Bill, thanks for the compliment on the burn outs that Jade can do. Really, it’s not the driver; it’s more thecar….. Ha Ha Ha.

Scott, hell yes I’ll put Jade on the track atGateway!!! I’d Love to be able to saythat Jade is a 11 second street/show car!!!
              Last edited by Bucky67; April 14, 2012, 07:25 PM.
              sigpic

"People Sleep Peacefully in their beds at Night Because Rough Men Stand Ready to do violence on their Behalf."
              - George Orwell

Comment

Originally posted by Leon View Post
                That's still a good way for people to get injured if something goes wrong.
                Amen Leon!! I couldn't have said it better myself.
                sigpic

- George Orwell

Comment

Detroit area events and locations Macomb County

Having grown up 8 miles from the GM Tech Center and being a former employee I can tell you that VanDyke, Woodward, Gratiot and Telegraph will ALL be busy with cars just as numerous as if it were DreamCruise weekend. Ok Vandyke...12 Mile is where the Tech center is located....north on Vandyke you have a Chrysler assembly plant (16/-1/2 to 17 mile) and then a ford assembly plant at 18 Mile. Just north of 18 mile is Kart 2 Kart for all your indoor karting needs. Lots of great places to eat up and down VanDyke. NATIONAL CONEY ISLAND is a MUST STOP. Erma's Frozen Custard is another local favorite. For those who like to hit local watering holes...Hatchy's in Downtown Utica is owned by a former RedWing. Chelli's Chilli (Chris Chellios REDWINGS) is on Hayes at 18Mile. GM Heritage Museum is just up the road from the GM Tech Center. It is located between 15 and 16 mile just off Mound. Oh and for those that really want to poke around CAS (Custom Automotive Services) handles the GM Show car fleet and they are in the southwest corner of 18 and Mound. ROMEO engine plant...YEAH THAT PLANT./..home of FORD ShelbyGT 500 engines...and the new Coyote 5.0 YEAH thats at 32 mile and the Vandyke Bypass...about a 15 minute ride from the ford plant at 18 mile.
                  Shermans Auto Body is located at 28 mile and Vandyke in Washington Township.

Local parts stores: A#1 on my list in Utica/Shelby TWP is DECKERS Auto Parts (Old School counter guys)...FAMILY owned for 35+ years on Vandyke just south of 21 mile. There are several parts stores up and down VanDyke in the area and ALL would appreciate your business if you have a need.

Local shopping....3 great malls if you are in the mood to shop or the wives/gf's need some time away: Lakeside is closest to all Vandyke Ave/Warren events..its on Hall Rd/M-59 at Schoenherr Rd. Also Partridge Creek...LAdies love it is also on Hall Rd closer to Mt Clemens. Somerset Collection in Troy very close to I-75 on BigBeaver... oh yeah EXIT 69 on I-75 in Michigan is Big Beaver.....Dont believe me...Google it.

Most of the cities that all these are in are Warren, Utica, Shelby Township, Romeo, Washington Township, Troy, Sterling Heights, Clinton Township, Mt. Clemens.

for those who recall the ORIGINAL HOT ROD FASTEST STREET CAR SHOOTOUT....the place that got it started is Eddies drive in on Jefferson just south of Crocker in Harrison Township. That is where Rick Dyer and Danny Scott and Jim Trepanski got hot Rod to sit up and take notice. Yes you remember the Pale Yellow 69 camaro (Rick) and blue 66 Chevelle (Danny) and Orange 68 camaro (Jim) from the CARS Inc days. This is 10 minute drive from Downtown Mt Clemens... #1 menu recommendation BOSTON COOLER.
                  If there is anything else I can add I will...any questions feel free.
                  [/SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]"LIFE is a Two-Way Street. If you can't handle the traffic; stay in the garage."

Comment

Thank you for that info Motor City Impala
                    FKA Redragtop
                    (formerly known as)

Comment

thinking of leaving muskegon after the events end maybe around 6 or so and heading towards champaign Il. On the way down i would stop in pontiac il at the rt 66 museum, and the pontiac oakland car museum and then head to the venue. this will allow some time on rt 66 and provide some extra sight seeing . the only drivers meetings i want to attend are sun and thur. other then that i am up to finding some extra trips on the way .

Comment

Why thursdays drivers meeting?
                        Long Hauler 2009, 10, 11, 12, 15 3 of 7 in 2013 5 of 8 in 2014 1988 Pontiac Fiero GT

Comment

sorry meant fri

Comment

59brook, is thay you Jeff?
                            "Somewhere the zebra is dancing". Garth Stein's The art of racing in the rain.

Matt

Comment

Originally posted by Orange95Z View Post
                              59brook, is thay you Jeff?
                              Matt, what are you doing up at 2:15 in the morning? are you nuts?
                              Bruce, Sanford, Fl

welcome to my world

Comment

Originally posted by cobra View Post
                                Matt, what are you doing up at 2:15 in the morning? are you nuts?
                                He works swing shift, gets home late then takes a little while to unwind.

Linda

Comment

Working...
                                X