No announcement yet.

What To Do On Tour 2012

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i'm thinking of the linginfelter collection in the am and grand prix in the afternoon or vice versa if the traffic would be better

Comment

Originally posted by rexdogg View Post
      the Belle Isle thing looks cool, but.....because of other conflicts, attending that one means.....no VA(?), no Lingenfelter on Friday afternoon, maybe making Diversified Creations that night?......anyone see the potential conflicts in time and events?........
      Got to pick and choose, I don't think we can hit it all and enjoy everything. I do want to get to Lingenfelter before or after VA show. We may run out of time after VA to get back to Brighton. Although it is not so far, who knows what Friday afternoon traffic will be.
      200WINS HRPT Long Haul 2008, 09, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14 Bettendorf, WI Dells, 15 Champaign, Madison, 16 OK City, Wichita, KC, 17 KC, Newton
      Forum Freaks Road Trip, 2020 Kool Deadwood Nites, 2021 Southernmost Road Trip, 2022 Great Southern Tour

Comment

Diversified will likely be open late - at least the party area (I want to see Mike's wife's GMC Canyon with the 427 even with a flashlight) so do the math backwards with the VA ending at 3:00 from there. It's a one hour drive from downtown (and I am talking DOWNTOWN) Detroit to Brighton after the VA Show (1 hr. without traffic or other stops on a Friday) enough time for YOU to see Lingenfelter closing at 6:00? All depends how long you want to linger over everything or do you want an overview? Otherwise you better make Lingenfelter a breakfast meeting and not be rushed. There, solved.
        And if anybody gets near a Coney Island (American or National) downtown, stop - gets lots of napkins - and love it. I hope there is time to go to my old (1890's) adopted, neighborhood bar - Abicks. I wonder what time they open on Sundays if I go to the drivers meeting, hmmmmn ?
        Phil / Omaha

Comment

Originally posted by 200WINS View Post
          Got to pick and choose.
          That is the truth...We are "planning" to go to Warren and register Friday Am, go to the VA visit, go to Lingenfelter (I am sure Mr Lingenfelter wants to check out our new ride ) and then to Diversified for the evening. Busy day...
          All plans, from the time we leave home til we get back home, are just plans and subject to change without prior notice
          FKA Redragtop
          (formerly known as)

Comment

Originally posted by Rocketman View Post
            That is the truth...We are "planning" to go to Warren and register Friday Am, go to the VA visit, go to Lingenfelter (I am sure Mr Lingenfelter wants to check out our new ride ) and then to Diversified for the evening. Busy day...
            All plans, from the time we leave home til we get back home, are just plans and subject to change without prior notice
            That sounds like a plan Mike, I will follow your lead........
            200WINS HRPT Long Haul 2008, 09, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14 Bettendorf, WI Dells, 15 Champaign, Madison, 16 OK City, Wichita, KC, 17 KC, Newton
            Forum Freaks Road Trip, 2020 Kool Deadwood Nites, 2021 Southernmost Road Trip, 2022 Great Southern Tour

Comment

I put in a chit to TexasMarkVII for driving Hallett Motor Racing Circuit in Jennings, OK on Thurs. Its about ~ 2 hours from Clantons & then ~ another 1 hour to the Stillwater venue. There is a separate thread on this if you want to learn more.
              nom de guerre - arrowhead from joysey

"They're no good for you. all they ever think about are cars" (GTO/Warren Oates) - Two Lane Blacktop

Comment

Just ordered tickets for the 4:30 Cowboys Stadium Tour Friday June 8. Tempted to stay for the Kenny Chesney/Tim McGraw Brothers of the Sun Concert on Saturday.......

Comment

This is about thirty miles north of STL on I-55. Lots a cars, pretty cool

Comment

I know where you can eat in Urbana. Black Dog Smoke & Ale House. We just ate there. Damn good BBQ.
                    Jim & Maureen
                    There is a fine line between hobby and obsession and I think I crossed it!!
                    HRPT Long Haulers 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012 & 2013

Comment

Working...
                    X