Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Eliteman76
    replied
    Yeah, Dean had messaged me about it some time back.
    Originally posted by RSRXION
    RK Machine in Ripley Oklahoma. It's a very small town about 15-20 minutes from Stillwater. It's owned by a good friend named Rick Kirk. He's the guy who built the engine in my Mach 1. The deal is in on a private tour of his place. It will be time well spent. I see something new every time I visit and I've been going there for 25 + years.

Let me know how I can help. Dean

Leave a comment:

• Buckeye
    replied
    Wasn't there a guy in Oklahoma that has a ton of old race cars, Like Micky Thompson Bonneville mustang and the pro stock fairmont? I have seen stories of it of tv. I would love to see that......

Leave a comment:

• fast86-gn
    replied
    Two in Texas worth seeing.

Leave a comment:

• >>>>head
    replied
    updated 2 days ago by Mike Copeland under “First Ever BangShift Gathering and Party and Concert in General Discussion

"I thought we would start about 6:00 on Friday evening. That would give everyone time to get to Michigan, and register at the PT venue. You are more than welcome to bring your equipment to the shop any day you want. We have plenty room.

You can start setting up anytime Friday. The store will be open Thursday from 9 to 7, and again 9-7 on Friday. You will not interfer with our normial business. You can pick your stuff up on Saturday if you want. We will be open from 9 to 5, or we can arrange to meet there if you can't make it while we are open.
    I am planning to do the long haul again this year. Some of my people will most likely make the run to Muskegon with the tour on Sunday. It is only a couple hours from my shop to the Muskegon venue."
    Last edited by >>>>head; February 1, 2012, 11:45 AM.

Leave a comment:

• 200WINS
    replied
    St. Louis Treat, Ted Drewes Frozen Custard Shop, a Route 66 icon....

Leave a comment:

• 200WINS
    replied
    A little out of the way, or maybe on your way to or from, Eddie Hills Fun Cycles, Wichita Falls, TX

Leave a comment:

• AMeanXtreme
    replied
    Originally posted by BluLightning View Post
    Don't forget we're doing Mexican night somewhere along the route. Maybe we'll get some free drinks for putting on a car show the parking lot!
    Keep Me Posted!!! I'll show up with mom and dad (silver bullet) in tow... We are ALWAYS up for Mexican Nite!!!

Leave a comment:

• rexdogg
    replied
    Originally posted by 1cheapstreet View Post
    Than plan is for a VA cruise, Dave. I've been looking and not finding much around Detroit except a HUGE hospital. Will be talking with those folks soon to see if they have a rehab center like Cleveland did.

Linda
    Thanks, Lin.....knew you would be on top of that.....as an aside, I wrote a check on the VA cruise last year, then couldn't find it, so I wrote another to replace it.....yesterday, my son-in-law was over to work on my Chevelle (installing audio stuff in the trunk, taking advantage of some mild weather before we get hammered today with snow); anyway, in the trunk was the first check I wrote.....hah!

Leave a comment:

• 1cheapstreet
    replied
    Originally posted by rexdogg View Post
    if you see anything else on this, can you keep us posted?....or, maybe he can re-post here on the PT board?....maybe we could hit that after we do a VA cruise (if we do one)......
    Than plan is for a VA cruise, Dave. I've been looking and not finding much around Detroit except a HUGE hospital. Will be talking with those folks soon to see if they have a rehab center like Cleveland did.

Linda

Leave a comment:

• rexdogg
    replied
    Originally posted by >>>>head View Post
    Mike Copeland posted this on the General Discussion board - good stuff
    if you see anything else on this, can you keep us posted?....or, maybe he can re-post here on the PT board?....maybe we could hit that after we do a VA cruise (if we do one)......
    Last edited by rexdogg; January 12, 2012, 06:09 AM.

Leave a comment:

• >>>>head
    replied
    Mike Copeland posted this on the General Discussion board - good stuff

Originally posted by Mike Copeland View Post
    If people are interested, I would offer that it could be held on Friday June 1st in Michigan. I would be willing to open up my new 16,000 sqft shop at Diversified Creations for the party. June 2nd is the official start of the Power Tour, and we are less than 8 miles from the Milford Proving Grounds where it is starting. Many Bangshifters will already be in town for the Power Tour, and looking for something to do on Friday night.

It would be easy to ship anything in needed for the music instead of hauling it across the country. If someone wanted to fly in for the weekend, they could do this party, and the first day of the Power Tour.

Add that we are planning to open the Lingenfelter Collection up during the day on Friday the 1st, an you can fill your weekend with car-guy stuff pretty easy.

Leave a comment:

• wingedwarrior
    replied
    For the NASCAR fans, I believe there will be a Camping World truck series race on Friday June 8th. It's only about 45 minutes from Arlington to Texas Motor Speedway(depending on traffic). If you get there early enough you may be able to see the IRL practice(if they are there)? Make sure and get the cheapest seats available as you will be able to sit most anywhere you want.

Leave a comment:

• LadyGT
    replied
    Whenever I participate in a PT, I usually contact each venue's chamber of commerce and ask them to send me information about their city. Information received has invaluable information like a map of the area, points of interest, restaurant info, as well as locations of other hotels if mine is not satisfactory. Having this information sure makes my trip a lot easier.
    Last edited by LadyGT; January 2, 2012, 05:58 AM.

Leave a comment:

• redragtop
    replied
    Originally posted by pappyhemi View Post
    The Gilmore Car Museum between Detroit and Muskegon.
    Originally posted by 55lincoln View Post
    thats in Hickory Corners not far from Kalamazoo
    That is between Detroit and Muskegon...in a round about sort of way

Leave a comment:

• 55lincoln
    replied
    Originally posted by pappyhemi View Post
    The Gilmore Car Museum between Detroit and Muskegon.
    thats in Hickory Corners not far from Kalamazoo

Leave a comment:

Working...
X