Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• pappyhemi
    replied
    The Gilmore Car Museum between Detroit and Muskegon.

Leave a comment:

• BluLightning
    replied
    Don't forget we're doing Mexican night somewhere along the route. Maybe we'll get some free drinks for putting on a car show the parking lot!

Leave a comment:

• Oldlar
    replied
    One issue I had with the Power Tour was for me, as a lone driver, I was usually too beat to enjoy the local fair. I'd get up in the morning have a motel breakfast, drive four hours to the next venue. Stopping for lunch somewhere. I'd wander the venue for a few hours, locate my motel for the day, hang out there, find a place to eat then crash for the day/night just to do the same the next day. It started to get like "Groundhog Day" after a while. You do get to see some nice sceneries along the way and nice cars at the venues, but I'm not as young as I used to be and the long days start getting to me.

Leave a comment:

• 173rdherd
    replied
    I got inducted at Ft Leonard Wood and were still using them WWII bldgs!!

Leave a comment:

• 69SS 350 5 Speed
    replied
    George, Thanks for getting this started.

There is the Precious Moments Museum in Carthage, MO for the ladies. If we make the run on US 50 through MO there are wineries out the wazoo that are not too far from that route!! Even going straight down I-44 there are still a few along the way. As for vintage tin there are several great yards but they are a little off the beaten path. I-44 Exit 230 is Meramec Caverns, Jesse James' hideout. Fort Leonard Wood has an excellent indoor and outdoor military museum including a few WWII buildings that still remain. The base entrance is only 2 miles from the interstate. I am sure I will think of some other things that might interest different people.

And of course when you are passing through Springfield don't forget to make a stop at the Silverleaf Tap Room.
    Last edited by 69SS 350 5 Speed; December 30, 2011, 05:34 AM.

Leave a comment:

• SoCalCamaro
    replied
    Chain of Rocks bridge, went there on the Illinois side, which they recommend, actually a little north of St Louis. I didn't find Ted Drewes frozen custard, which I got to try this time through. I want to try and get to Detroit area a day or two earlier to go to the Ford, Chrysler or Chevy museums. Hmmm, I'm sure there's more I want to see...

Leave a comment:

• 200WINS
    replied
    Good call Ed, I would like to see Darryl Starbirds. Thank you to American Graffitti, if not for Toad's comment, I may have never known about Darryl Starbird.......
    This might even be better than Darryl Starbird's superfeck moonbird.
    It is! It's better than Darryl Starbird's superfeck moonbird.
    Budda?
    How'd you like to go to the drive-in movies with me?

Leave a comment:

• oletrux4evr
    replied
    Darryl Starbird's museum is located South of Miami, Oklahoma near Afton. Might be a player on what seems to be a leisurely drive to Stillwater.

Last edited by oletrux4evr; December 29, 2011, 08:07 PM.

Leave a comment:

• 200WINS
    started a topic What To Do On Tour 2012

What To Do On Tour 2012

OK Local's share some of the secret gems along the way. Local eateries, Points of interest, Junk Yards (I mean Vintage Tin Collection Area), Museums, etc, etc.....
    While in Stillwater we want to make Eskimo Joe's. St. Louis we would like to go to Chain of Rocks Bridge. Share your ideas......
Working...
X