No announcement yet.

2012 Northeast Rod Run

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This is NERR's first time in the Finger Lakes region, but we have definitely done some beautiful drives in VT and NH

I have to say that I'm a little surprised that with only about 7 weeks left until this year's trip, that more Bangshifters haven't decided to join us. I really figured since the trip is driving more south and west than ever before, many more of you would have used that opportunity to jump aboard this year.

I think we probably have over a half-dozen BS'ers joining us, but I would have guessed that number would have easily been in the double digits this year. What is everyone afraid of? Most attendees don't bite or spread disease....... as long as you don't get them drunk or have personal contact with them.... Well then again, most of them end up drunk at some point... so just make sure you don't sleep with them and you'll have a great time

Just think HRPT, without spending all day on the interstate and actually having time to enjoy each other's company and take in different interesting sites each day
    1999 Power Tour - 3 Stops
    2006 Power Tour Long Hauler
    2008-2012 Northeast Rod Run

Comment

Sorry it's just bad timmimg for me or I would have been there in a heartbeat. Bill in the 73 Z28 and I have done a few trips together and he said yours is a good one to hit. But I had already spent the money for the Ocean City, MD show that is the same week as your trip. It's also close to the fall tour some others on this sight have going on also. Maybe next year you and the guys from the south could try to have both groups meet up in the middle for a nice parking lot party!!

Comment

Originally posted by novadriver View Post
        It's also close to the fall tour some others on this sight have going on also. Maybe next year you and the guys from the south could try to have both groups meet up in the middle for a nice parking lot party!!
        Whereas they hadn't planned out the fall colors trip's final route details earlier this year, I had actually mentioned of the two groups hooking up, but I guess it wasn't doable for that group.

This year would have been the best for us, on our end, because we usually stay more northeast than we are this year.

I guess if you're going to have any type of "car related problem", I guess having to decide on which of multiple road trips you want to take, is the best kind of problem to have, right?

Comment

We would love to do this trip but don't have enough vacation time left this year. Would have to take at least a week off from work for the tour plus travel time to get there. Hopefully one of these years we will be able to do it. Sounds like a great trip.
          Donna
          Williamston, MI
          Long Haul 2007,2008,2009,2010,2011 2012,2013,2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019, 2021

Comment

Next year we'll be back to our regular Saturday to Monday trip. That makes it easier for a lot of people, especially those of you that have a decent amount of travel ahead of you

Comment

I have wanted to do this for years but this event is always scheduled for the first weekend of October. I work for the school district so normally my vacation is during the summer. We do get a fall break and this year it is October 5-12. Until I have a different employer or you change the weekend, I will have to put this on the back burner because it's a 2-day drive from Georgia.
              Last edited by LadyGT; August 16, 2012, 11:15 AM.
              2006 HRPT LH
              2007 HRPT LH
              2011 Valdosta Stop

Comment

Originally posted by LadyGT View Post
                I have wanted to do this for years but this event is always scheduled for the first weekend of October. I work for the school district so normally my vacation is during the summer. We do get a fall break and this year it is October 5-12. Until I have a different employer or you change the weekend, I will have to put this on the back burner because it's a 2-day drive from Georgia.
                I know you are one of the earlier people that really wanted to do this years ago (I think 2009?), but your schedule wouldn't allow it and that sucks!

I also know that a different weekend would probably work better for you but we do it this way for a reason, sorry. That reason is...... Most people always have to wait for the event's date to be posted year after year, but with NERR they don't have to. They can just look at their calendar every year, look to the first weekend in October and know that's exactly when it's going to be. To get even more exact, people know that the trip's actual "kickoff" every year is on Saturday morning and the last night's hotel is always on Sunday night. Some people like to arrive a day early, just to make it easier on them and for that, we usually try to incorporate something optional and extra for them to do. As an example of that: this year's "kickoff" is actually Wednesday morning, but a lot of people are heading to Lake George on Tuesday, so for them we have a museum visit and a cruise up a mountain planned. Rain or shine, there will be something fun for them to do.

This year was slightly different (although still over that weekend) because it's a 5 year anniversary but this small difference won't even happen again for another 5 years.

Again, thanks for showing interest and maybe one day this will all work out for you.

Comment

5 weeks from today is the OFFICIAL kickoff date of 2012's Northeast Rod Run...... although plenty of us are going start it up the night before, with some good pre-kickoff partying at the hotel

Should be lots of updated info coming out on NERR's website over the next few weeks. As always, you can also look us up on Facebook too!
                  Last edited by Northeast Rod Run; August 29, 2012, 03:59 PM.

Comment

4 weeks from today a lot of the NERR participants will already be in Lake George, on the eve of the kickoff, sitting back and discussing the coming week's festivities while enjoying a few/many cold brain boosters

Any last minute procrastinators still thinking about jumping into the fray?

Comment

3 weeks from tomorrow, lots of us will already be hitting the road so we can get to our kickoff spot for 2012's Northeast Rod Run

Found out today that we might have our most westernly (is that even a word?) participant yet. Right now we have someone from Michigan trying to book all the hotels for the trip. Him and the wife want to celebrate their wedding anniversary with us.

This would be the second wedding anniversary celebrated on NERR over it's short time in existance, along with one birthday and it even looks like we'll have a few of you celebrating Canadian Thanksgiving while on the trip this year too? Good times... good times..........

Comment

One little update (full details on NERR's forum).......

As we're tweaking all the final small details over the next couple of weeks, it's been decided that for all the people joining up with NERR in Massachusetts, we will be starting our journey to New York from the top of a mountain!

How many cruises have you ever been on that start with something like that? If the weather co-operates, the views should be great.

No worries though peeps, it's not like the Mt Washington Auto Road or anything even close to that tough....... It's just a short (I believe maybe 3.5 miles), beautiful, newly paved, slightly winding road, that should hopefully have some nice color on the way up and if it's clear out, it will give us a view of almost 100 miles in every direction.
                        Last edited by Northeast Rod Run; September 10, 2012, 03:42 PM.

Comment

Only 3 weeks from today, all the Northeast Rod Run participants will be cruising laps on Watkins Glen International.

Just think..... you are getting to drive on a great driver's track, with just the group that you came in with. No need to worry about how crowded it's going to be with other people... because there aren't any

giddy up!!!!!

Comment

Every year we say "this year is going to be the best yet", but I think we can unquestionably say that with 100% certainty this year and it won't be beat anytime soon

A few highlights:

5 days
                            3 states
                            3 museums (auto, boat, motorcycle)
                            4 mountain top cruises
                            3 lakeside hotels
                            1 racetrack
                            8 waterfalls (minimum)
                            6 scenic byways

just that alone would be enough for me, but that is just the start of it all

Comment

What a great stack up of really neat things to do and see. You're right about this year will be the best. Hats off to all the work you did to plan all of this.Kinda wish I still lived in New York...Until winter time comes..
                              I just love my Hot Rods.

Long Hauled 2009,2010,2011,2012 and 2013. Loved every minute of it.

Comment

Originally posted by street72 View Post
                                Kinda wish I still lived in New York...Until winter time comes..
                                Winter?

That's when I like to leave Massachusetts and either go to upper state New York or central Maine. Not strong enough winters around here (I hope I don't eat my words this winter) LOL!!
                                Last edited by Northeast Rod Run; September 14, 2012, 04:55 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X