2012 Northeast Rod Run

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Northeast Rod Run View Post
    Every year we say "this year is going to be the best yet", but I think we can unquestionably say that with 100% certainty this year and it won't be beat anytime soon

A few highlights:

5 days
    3 states
    3 museums (auto, boat, motorcycle)
    4 mountain top cruises
    3 lakeside hotels
    1 racetrack
    8 waterfalls (minimum)
    6 scenic byways

just that alone would be enough for me, but that is just the start of it all
    TJ does a great job cooridinating this trip!

I hate to tell him though, he's technically made it a 6 day trip for the people joining him on his Tuesday mountaintop launch and the museum on Sunday on the way back to Mass (Tu, We, Th, Fr, Sa, Su). I'll let him slide because it's only 5 hotel nights...

Thanks again for putting this together TJ, we're looking forward to it!!

Comment

Originally posted by 65longroof View Post
      TJ does a great job cooridinating this trip!

I hate to tell him though, he's technically made it a 6 day trip for the people joining him on his Tuesday mountaintop launch and the museum on Sunday on the way back to Mass (Tu, We, Th, Fr, Sa, Su). I'll let him slide because it's only 5 hotel nights...

Thanks again for putting this together TJ, we're looking forward to it!!
      LOL!! thanks

But in all fairness, when you guys usually to leave from your area a day earlier than we do, I don't count that part of the trip either... hahahaa!!!

Since you guys always have to travel far to just meet up with is, I'm just trying to give my western peeps a break this year
      1999 Power Tour - 3 Stops
      2006 Power Tour Long Hauler
      2008-2012 Northeast Rod Run

Comment

LOL!! thanks

But in all fairness, when you guys usually to leave from your area a day earlier than we do, I don't count that part of the trip either... hahahaa!!!

Since you guys always have to travel far to just meet up with is, I'm just trying to give my western peeps a break this year
        Ha! Thanks for thinking of us, Lake George is roughly half way. Now that you got a Michigander to join us, you might have to keep going west!! We just might get you to Cali at some point!!

Comment

Originally posted by 65longroof View Post
          Ha! Thanks for thinking of us, Lake George is roughly half way. Now that you got a Michigander to join us, you might have to keep going west!! We just might get you to Cali at some point!!
          If I had more vacation time than I do, I would love to join you guys on some of your longer cruises. Hell, after this trip I will have no more vacation time for the rest of year. That's another big reason why I always like to keep NERR as just a long weekend trip

Comment

With all the extra planning that this year's trip took, I totally forgot about windshield stickers. My sticker guy is away at the NSRA Northeast Street Rod Nationals right now, but he said he'll try to call me when he gets back next Monday so we can get together and put something together

Because I always end up with to many, if I do end up getting them made, I'm going with a limited quantity this year so once they're gone... they're gone

Comment

Invitation to Jersey vittles on Sunday, October 7

While I know that for most of you, this is not your direction home, mrs arrowhead lives ~ 1 hour south of Newburgh in Wayne NJ.

That said, would love to have some carjunkies over for vittles on Sunday, October 7 (likely grillings). If you are interested, let me know by sending me a PM

>>>>head
              Last edited by >>>>head; September 19, 2012, 03:13 PM.
              nom de guerre - arrowhead from joysey

"They're no good for you. all they ever think about are cars" (GTO/Warren Oates) - Two Lane Blacktop

Comment

Tom, That's my Birthday and I'd love to come over but you are just tooooooooo far...And what exit..
                I just love my Hot Rods.

Long Hauled 2009,2010,2011,2012 and 2013. Loved every minute of it.

Comment

Originally posted by street72 View Post
                  Tom, That's my Birthday and I'd love to come over but you are just tooooooooo far...And what exit..
                  Rett, I'll be sure to throw back a tall one that night to show my respect

PS. Exit: double O!
                  nom de guerre - arrowhead from joysey

"They're no good for you. all they ever think about are cars" (GTO/Warren Oates) - Two Lane Blacktop

Comment

It's going to be a toss up between either your wife's grilling, me getting home in time to watch the Patriots game and my girl Hollie's need to get home early enough so she can get a good night's sleep for work the next day

decisions... decisions.....

Comment

Until just the other day, we HAD two people joining us from Long Island this year. Now we only have one, because one of them had a woman run a stop sign and take the front end off of his classic Vette, so he won't be making it..... not good times

Comment

With all the extra planning that this year's trip took, I totally forgot about windshield stickers. My sticker guy is away at the NSRA Northeast Street Rod Nationals right now, but he said he'll try to call me when he gets back next Monday so we can get together and put something together

Because I always end up with to many, if I do end up getting them made, I'm going with a limited quantity this year so once they're gone... they're gone
                        Was supposed to meet up with him today, but he had something come up and he's out of state. He's hoping to be back in town by Saturday night. If that's the case, I'll meet up with him on Sunday morning to set everything up and then I'll leave work early Monday night to pick them up. I hope it all works out ok or we'll be making them out of blue painter's tape this year

But on a more postive note............ The trip is now only a week away!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

TJ...I wish I could make this, but my truck hasn't had any love since I saw you in Carlisle, and the wife has some funds earmarked for another project for me around the house. The trans leaked the entire trip home and the truck hasn't moved until two weeks ago when I had the brainstorm to take it to the track (forgetting about the small leak). Needless to say, the entire back of the truck is still covered in trans fluid. Fortunately I didn't leave a mess at the local track. The trans issue is an easy fix, but I'll bet next spring is when it will finally get fixed.

Have a great trip. Maybe I can join yinz guys next year.
                          1990 Chevrolet 454SS Pickup - 2 time Power Tour participant (2002 & 2007), Long Hauler in 2007
                          1966 Pontiac GTO Hardtop - 3x2, 4speed fully restored with some mods
                          1996 Chevrolet K2500 Ext Cab/Short Bed

Comment

Taking 56 into city today
                            ready for NERR
                            still have not ordered mufflers
                            or 3:50 gear set
                            bob

Comment

Originally posted by 6 Grrrs View Post
                              TJ...I wish I could make this, but my truck hasn't had any love since I saw you in Carlisle, and the wife has some funds earmarked for another project for me around the house. The trans leaked the entire trip home and the truck hasn't moved until two weeks ago when I had the brainstorm to take it to the track (forgetting about the small leak). Needless to say, the entire back of the truck is still covered in trans fluid. Fortunately I didn't leave a mess at the local track. The trans issue is an easy fix, but I'll bet next spring is when it will finally get fixed.

Have a great trip. Maybe I can join yinz guys next year.
                              That was a pretty bad leak back then, so I can only imagine how bad it would have been on a trip like this. Hope to see you next year

Originally posted by 1956NY150 View Post
                              Taking 56 into city today
                              ready for NERR
                              still have not ordered mufflers
                              or 3:50 gear set
                              bob
                              Mufflers.... who needs mufflers? Your cutouts are so much better. LOL!!!

Comment

For those people that are meeting up with us on Tuesday at Mt Wachusett, the 7 day forecast looks like a 50/50 shot of clear skies, so we are just going to meet in the regular parking lot, near the lodge at 8:30AM. If it does turn out to be a clear day, we will take the auto road to the top (opens at 9AM). Sometime around 9:30 we should be back on the road, to meet up with some of the other people, as we make our way to the Saratoga Auto Museum

See you all in a few more days!!!!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X