2012 Northeast Rod Run

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Northeast Rod Run View Post
    Seeing there were "NO RULES", as soon as Bob got the '56 onto the track he decided to do a burnout. Well, after he did that, we all found out there was one rule because the pace car backed up all the way to him. No BURNOUTS... LOL!!!
    Now that is funny .
    FKA Redragtop
    (formerly known as)

Comment

• Where is bill/mike's video
      spinout on main stway?
      Boob

Comment

• Originally posted by 1956NY150 View Post
        Where is bill/mike's video
        spinout on main stway?
        Boob
        It's in the NERR picture thread... so I guess that would actually make it a picture/video thread huh?
        1999 Power Tour - 3 Stops
        2006 Power Tour Long Hauler
        2008-2012 Northeast Rod Run

Comment

• Originally posted by 1956NY150 View Post
          Where is bill/mike's video
          spinout on main stway?
          Boob
          Here it is , after we get on the track, some guy (who can can't see, but you can hear it) doing a burn out , rumor is it was a White 56 Chevy hahahaha about the 3:38 mark

Turns out there was a lady in a Volvo (if you know where to look on the video you can see her, who was not with is and behind us when we started, turns out, she skipped the dogleg and came out in front of the pack) you can see it to the right about the 5:46 mark

&

the Pace Truck stopped the field,

I had just accelerated when I saw they stopped. so I planned to go around the truck ahead of me.

$hit happened pretty fast, I kept it in control pretty well, I thought. and it wasn't till after I stopped I let out my scream

As you watch this, think of the things that went right. We did things with safe distances and were not doing stupid things on the track. We were not racing each other, Rick's truck, which I followed, could accelerate faster than me so when were went fast I knew I would have more room. I left space going around corners.

Also you see in the corners I did not follow right behind the truck, I always made sure I could see. You can see how accelerated and you can see the Charles (the guy with the Video Camera) was doing what was comfortable for him too.
          I was driving in my comfort zone too. I have owned this car for 37 plus years, it was overhauled in 2010-2011 and I put on a excellent suspension, ie Hotchkis, It handle great and as you can see when needed it did it job and I made a nice flat turn.

It is an example of planning for the "just in case"  want it appears after the 7:30 Mark

We did another lap after this & it was a blast, best $ 15.00 I have spent
          Last edited by Vsolo; October 10, 2012, 02:19 PM.
          So. Central PA
          Long Hauler 2010 & 2011 (2 stops 2014) 2015

NERR 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014

Comment

• Good work Wilhelm - tits car.
            Phil / Omaha

Comment

• Originally posted by Vsolo View Post
              Here it is , after we get on the track, some guy (who can can't see, but you can hear it) doing a burn out , rumor is it was a White 56 Chevy hahahaha about the 3:38 mark

We did another lap after this & it was a blast, best $ 15.00 I have spent
              Nice job Bill (or should I say Joey Chitwood). Looked really cool. How fortunate (or not) the video camera was in the right place at the right time.
              FKA Redragtop
              (formerly known as)

Comment

Working...
              X