X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 63 falcon
    replied
    Originally posted by TopBananaSixPack View Post
    At the bridge, the heaviest traffic will be headed east, so you're okay until you get across the river. You will definitely run into some congestion on the other side. I-55/I-44 might be a little sticky. Lots of volume headed west on I-44, but it moves, and it's easy to navigate.

Timing is everything though. Like any other metro area, hours from 4-6 are the heaviest.
    I live in Houston ,Lets talk Traffic !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Leave a comment:

• TopBananaSixPack
    replied
    Originally posted by maromoma View Post
    TopBananaSixPack

We too are staying in Fenton, but Im wondering about leaving FROM the raceway in the late afternoon/evening to get to Fenton? What about rush hour going westbound to Fenton? What is the best time to go to avoid the rush hour traffic? What might be the best route to go? Thanks!
    At the bridge, the heaviest traffic will be headed east, so you're okay until you get across the river. You will definitely run into some congestion on the other side. I-55/I-44 might be a little sticky. Lots of volume headed west on I-44, but it moves, and it's easy to navigate.

Timing is everything though. Like any other metro area, hours from 4-6 are the heaviest.

Leave a comment:

• 70chevyC-10
    replied
    Originally posted by Devil View Post
    See, I have been to GIR and I would recommend staying at Collinsville. That's where we always stayed for Monster Mopar weekend. Literally just up the highway 10 minutes and easy access to the place.

Ryan
    I'm booked in Collinsville with several others -

Leave a comment:

• cobra
    replied
    a friend of mine said the same thing, so i'm at I-44 exit #286, due south of Forest Park. how bad is this area?
    Last edited by cobra; January 9, 2012, 01:37 PM.

Leave a comment:

• rexdogg
    replied
    Originally posted by maromoma View Post
    TopBananaSixPack

We too are staying in Fenton, but Im wondering about leaving FROM the raceway in the late afternoon/evening to get to Fenton? What about rush hour going westbound to Fenton? What is the best time to go to avoid the rush hour traffic? What might be the best route to go? Thanks!
    also reserved in Fenton.......excellent question re: traffic......

Leave a comment:

• maromoma
    replied
    TopBananaSixPack

Leave a comment:

• Devil
    replied
    See, I have been to GIR and I would recommend staying at Collinsville. That's where we always stayed for Monster Mopar weekend. Literally just up the highway 10 minutes and easy access to the place.

Ryan

Leave a comment:

• Eliteman76
    replied
    Always appreciate the heads up.
    I have family that lives in one of the nicer suburbs, and they were like "You recall National Lampoon's family Vacation? Well, keep that in mind when visiting, have fun!".

Leave a comment:

• TopBananaSixPack
    started a topic A bit of advice regarding the Madison, IL stop:

A bit of advice regarding the Madison, IL stop:

I am a St. Louis native, so I’m speaking from experience when STRONGLY recommending that you arrange for your accommodations on the west (Missouri) side of the Mississippi. Furthermore, your best bet is to get beyond city limits.

Traffic across the bridges is a mess during rush hour. You don’t want to get caught in with all the metro east commuters. Traveling across the Popular Street Bridge can be a white knuckle experience under the best of conditions. Signage is confusing for out of towners, and the I-55/I-44 off ramp can be treacherous.

I’ll be staying in the Fenton area off I-44. Besides putting me outside the morning rush, it also gives a head start on what is sure to be a very long day traveling to Miami, OK.
    Last edited by TopBananaSixPack; January 9, 2012, 11:04 AM.
Working...
X