Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

BS Freaks Bucket List Removal Cruise 2013 Pikes Peak &&-?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BS Freaks Bucket List Removal Cruise 2013 Pikes Peak &&-?

TIme to start thinking ahead to 2013

Best Time to Drive up Pikes Pike? July, August Sept?

Best Time to drive South to North in California Coast? need places we have to stop at on drive

Best Time To be at Yellowstone National Park?

Best time to be at Glacier National Park?

Best time to be in Vermillion SD?

From Tully to Pikes Peak to west coast and back my wife (Roz) and i,

are going to be Freak Hunting!

We will be stoping along the way at every National Park we can find, Blue Ridge Mountain Parkway, Alabama Pkwy Zeon, Grand Canyon, Hahnsville La, Etc.

need imput

like to set up FREAK cruises along the way

We would leave sometime after PT 2013

thanks
    Bob
    Last edited by 1956NY150; January 12, 2012, 08:17 AM.

Don't forget Rocky Mountain National Park in CO .... They usually have Trail Ridge Road plowed by mid May ....

Pike's Peak is fun anytime of year .....

I'm in the Denver Metro area .... let me know
    Whiskey for my men ... and beer for their horses!

Comment

Bob - I know Woodward gets all the attention - but it's a parking lot on cruise day - and it's in August (HOT and HUMID).

If you're coming through the motor city earlier in the summer (closer to power tour time) try to hit up the telegraph or down river cruises - when the dates are available - I'll let you know. These cruises still bring out tons of great people and cars - but you can actually DRIVE instead of it being a cooling system torture test.
      There's always something new to learn.

Comment

Best time to visit Vermillion, SD is, anytime you show up Bob!! When your plans are coming together, we can focus on the other end of the state. Black Hills of South Dakota is great! Could make loop from Yellowstone back east. I would gladly travel 400 miles to the Hills and hangout with Bob and Roz!!

Spearfish Canyon

Bridal Veil Falls

Spearfish Falls

Roughlock Falls

Back Roads Near Wyoming Border

Mount Moriah Cemetery, Resting Place of Western Legends Wild Bill Hickok, Calamity Jane, Potato Creek Johnny and many more.

Downtown Deadwood, SD

Seems to me that fall is a better time to visit the Hills. Depending of rainfall many times the landscape is brown from lack of moisture. Spring time the falls are usually full and the grass is lush green. These pictures were takin this past October. There are many great cruising highways through out the Black Hills. First week of August is the Sturgis Motorcycle Rally, it is really busy during the rally plus the week before and after. Cool Deadwood Nights is near the end of August, I've never been to this event but some of my friends say it is a really great time. May and September are my favorite time to go west.
        Last edited by 200WINS; January 15, 2012, 06:14 AM.
        200WINS HRPT Long Haul 2008, 09, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14 Bettendorf, WI Dells, 15 Champaign, Madison, 16 OK City, Wichita, KC, 17 KC, Newton
        Forum Freaks Road Trip, 2020 Kool Deadwood Nites, 2021 Southernmost Road Trip, 2022 Great Southern Tour

Comment

If you are cruising through Missouri on your trek, you know you have a place to stay. We would set up a Freaks cruise throught the state. Glacier National Park is best visited in July or August. We visited there and Yellowstone in September and it snowed in both places.
          Jim & Maureen
          There is a fine line between hobby and obsession and I think I crossed it!!
          HRPT Long Haulers 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012 & 2013

Comment

We enjoy Colorado also in the fall, I'm no expert, however here's some from September '08

Royal Gorge Route Canyon City, CO

Worlds Highest Suspension Bridge From Below

Royal Gorge From Above

From Pikes Peak

Crystal Creek Reservoir Along Pikes Peak Highway
            200WINS HRPT Long Haul 2008, 09, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14 Bettendorf, WI Dells, 15 Champaign, Madison, 16 OK City, Wichita, KC, 17 KC, Newton
            Forum Freaks Road Trip, 2020 Kool Deadwood Nites, 2021 Southernmost Road Trip, 2022 Great Southern Tour

Comment

spent the summer of 75' on the east shore of flathead lake, right below glacier national park.

man do i have stories. can't tell any of them here though.

Click image for larger version

Name:	080 bill,jack,jim with jim's 71' mach 1 351c 4speed.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	24.9 KB
ID:	859678
              Bruce, Sanford, Fl

welcome to my world

Comment

Great picture Bruce! I'll call it....."Mach 1 on the Mountain" I have a niece getting hitched, near Flathead Lake at the end of June. So we will be going to Kalispell and make a quick trip through Glacier National Park.

Comment

Originally posted by 200WINS View Post
                  Great picture Bruce! I'll call it....."Mach 1 on the Mountain" I have a niece getting hitched, near Flathead Lake at the end of June. So we will be going to Kalispell and make a quick trip through Glacier National Park.
                  Make a loop through northern Colorado George, we will be in the new house by then and have lots of room!

Linda

Comment

Bob, You and Roz are welcome down here in San Diego anytime..And if you want to enjoy the drive up the coast of California, just do it anytime you want. It's always a great ride. You have Santa Barbara, Morro Bay, Big Sur and Monterey.. All cool waterfront towns. And if you want to drive on the beach you can stop in Pismo Beach..But again, you guys are welcome here anytime. I'll even put your car inside, and you can use the lift if you need to..
                    I just love my Hot Rods.

Long Hauled 2009,2010,2011,2012 and 2013. Loved every minute of it.

Comment

Originally posted by 200WINS View Post
                      i was the most straight, so i got to do the driving. got to see how fast the car was, coming off the mountain and hitting a flat straight stretch in the valley towards Flathead. the owner said the car would do 145. i didn't believe him. i was wrong.
                      Bruce, Sanford, Fl

welcome to my world

Comment

Yellowstone and Glacier are best in the fall but it needs to be the first week of september or so while the weather still cooperates. After that as you found, it can snow up there anytime. This time of year is best as all the crowds have gone away. any later than the first week or 10 days and the parks begin their shutdown of services as they prepare for winter.

What Rett said about the california coast, all those places are great coastal cities, good food, views ect. Its best to avoid them in june as there is alot of fog and overcast days along the coast.
                        Life is too short to drive boring cars!

Comment

Working...
                        X