When arre u Getting to Detroit

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by IOWA552SLOW View Post
    with only 9 cu feet of trunk space? gonna be easier to find a tire shop in detroit than take new ones with me. 245/45r17 shouldn't be that hard to come across.
    check out Belle Tire on line lots of shops in Detroit best prices
    2007 Power Tour Long Haul
    2008 Power Tour Long Haul
    2009 Canadian Points East Tour
    2009 Power Tour Michigan Stop
    2011 Power Tour Muskegeon & Detroit Stops
    2012 Power Tour Long Haul
    2012 Northeast Rod Run
    2013 Northeast Rod Run

Comment

The wife and I should be rolling in early Friday afternoon
      2010 Camaro - 86 Fiero GT ZZ4 SBC - 85 Fiero GT - 88 Fiero Formula - Track T Project in the planning
      Grand Rapids, MI.

Comment

We are leaving Tuesday evening in Florida so we can go to Cedar Point in Sandusky, OH (17 roller-coasters) on Thursday.
        Detroit Fri morning to go to A Museum, Now which One? Then A Polish Cafe and Woodward ave.
        1990 Thunderbird Supercoupe
        1999 Ford Mustang GT convertible "Yellow"
        1987 Monte Carlo SS Aerocoupe
        Power Tour 06, 07, 11, 12

Comment

Sneaking into the room...provided as long as things go to plan, I'll be following Scott in the Fiero unless I get my speedo fixed this year.
          Then I'll just be watching the tach again. And odds are, if we end up following Fred like the Indy to Muskegon...my tach with be at 4 grand again on some stretches...{and keep in mind...with 28" tires and 4th gear 1:1 and 2.75 gears...we were rolling... :D }
          Andrew
          1972 Ford Gran Torino Sport and other FoCoMo problem children

2020...year of getting screwed by a Narcissist and learning hard lessons into trusting the wrong people on a business venture.
          2021...year of singing "99 problems but an asshole ain't one"

Moved cross country twice on a role of the dice...I left Nebraska and came back to Nebraska.

Comment

from the other board:
            What else would you like to do while in the Motor City?

A.) Waterford Hills Race Course (road course)
            B.) Tour of the GM Heritage Center
            C.) Tour of the Walter P. Chrylser Museum
            D.) Tour of The Henry Ford Piquette Plant
            E.) Ford Rouge Factory Tour to see F-150's being built

Courtesy of the Detroit Metro Detroit Convention & Visitors Bureau, Registered HRPT Participants will receive exclusive access to:

2-for-1 Admissions to area Automotive Attractions & Museums from 5/28 thru 6/3, like the Ford Piquette Avenue Plant, R.E. Olds Transportation Museum and Walter P. Chrysler Museum just to name a few (checkout Autopalooza.org for information)

Free Track Day at area race tracks
            • Friday is Free Prix Day at the Chevrolet Detroit Belle Isle Grand Prix with a special “Hot Rod” car corral for HRPT participants on Friday, June 1. Discounted ticket and “Hot Rod” car corral packages also available on June 3 for HRPT participants.

VIP Private Garage Tours – TBA

Nightly Cruises
            • Tuesday, May 28 – Celebrate the Big 3 Cruise various locations along Van Dyke Avenue (Warren, Sterling Heights and Utica)
            • Thursday, May 30 – Experience Woodward Cruise Night in Ferndale from 5pm until 10pm
            • Friday, June 1 – Pre-Cruise Party in Downtown Mt. Clemens from 5pm until 10pm
            • Saturday, June 2 – WatsonHurst Afterglow in Warren from 7pm until 11pm

For more things to do in "The D" got VisitDetroit.com, MotorCities.org or Autopalooza.org

Read more: http://forums.hotrod.com/70/9092667/...#ixzz1mO9xODVR

Comment

Boy they are really providing some wonderful things to do. Stimulating the economy the old fashioned way, offer reasonable things to do at reasonable prices and people will come and spend.........Wish we had enough time to enjoy all of it!!
              200WINS HRPT Long Haul 2008, 09, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14 Bettendorf, WI Dells, 15 Champaign, Madison, 16 OK City, Wichita, KC, 17 KC, Newton
              Forum Freaks Road Trip, 2020 Kool Deadwood Nites, 2021 Southernmost Road Trip, 2022 Great Southern Tour

Comment

I've volunteered some at the Piquette factory - neat - but not action packed, unless you are a Model T afficianado, or a history buff, if you're limited to one museumish visit while in town - I'd choose a different one.

I hope to join the fray for at least the Detroit and Muskegon stops.... question being, '54 or Falcon, or Matt's Judge?
                There's always something new to learn.

Comment

Originally posted by milner351 View Post
                  I hope to join the fray for at least the Detroit and Muskegon stops.... question being, '54 or Falcon, or Matt's Judge?
                  Hope you can make at least those stops John . There must be a story about the Judge that you need to tell
                  FKA Redragtop
                  (formerly known as)

Comment

more from the other board:

I spoke with the GM Heritage Center today. Unfortunately, it's located in an industrial park and there's not a lot of parking.

So, we are thinking of loading up some MotorCoaches at Warren City Hall around 8am for a tour of the GM Heritage Center 9am-11am, then up to the Walter P. Chrysler Museum for a box lunch/tour 12pm-3pm and conclude with a tour of the Ford Piquette Plant 4pm - 6pm. Most of our attractions are already offering a 2 for 1 discount, but the GM Heritage Center is a private collection. I am trying to cover the cost of the museum access, but was wondering if you would be willing to pay a small fee to offset the ride and lunch?

In case anyone has concerns about leaving their car to take a bus. Warren City Hall is located in the suburbs accross form the GM Tech Center and close to the host hotels and next to their police station. It was also the location of the WatsonHurst Afterglow last year and registration will be held there on Friday.

I am getting closer to locking in our track day on Thursday from 8am until 5pm - just waiting for the formal contract to be signed our sponsor. The DMCVB is also working with the City of Ferndale, the community that started the Woodward Dream Cruise to raise money for a soccer field, on a special event that evening.

Thanks for your input and we hope to see you in "The D"

Read more: http://forums.hotrod.com/70/9092667/...#ixzz1mRZ3nN22

If you haven't heard, registration for Detroit is taking place at the Warren City Hall on Friday, which is near a majority of the host hotels and across from the GM Tech Center. Van Dyke Avenue is also home to MOPAR, and both Chryler and Ford Factories, not to mention many miltary manufacturing facilities (a.k.a Arsenal of Democracy).

Read more: http://forums.hotrod.com/70/8946679/...#ixzz1mRZhFbpk
                    Last edited by rexdogg; February 15, 2012, 03:08 AM.

Comment

Call ahead

with only 9 cu feet of trunk space? gonna be easier to find a tire shop in detroit than take new ones with me. 245/45r17 shouldn't be that hard to come across.
                      If it were me, I believe that I would get a list of the reputable tire shops in the area & start calling about the middle of May. I'd get the shop with the best price, local reputation, etc. & make sure that they can have a set waiting for me. Experience says that I could probably save a bunch of time & hunting around that way. But then that's just me.
                      ...when you got a fast car, you think you've got everything.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZpvfmSL6WkM

Comment

Originally posted by 67 Malibu View Post
                        If it were me, I believe that I would get a list of the reputable tire shops in the area & start calling about the middle of May. I'd get the shop with the best price, local reputation, etc. & make sure that they can have a set waiting for me. Experience says that I could probably save a bunch of time & hunting around that way. But then that's just me.
                        i am honestly hoping that i don't need them at all. tires where brand new last year and are in good shape still. i just know what happens when a bunch of people get together with high horsepower. you know that the tread wont last very long. and i cant wait to find out.

Comment

i am honestly hoping that i don't need them at all. tires where brand new last year and are in good shape still. i just know what happens when a bunch of people get together with high horsepower. you know that the tread wont last very long. and i cant wait to find out.
                          I know what happens. I pair of back tires per Power Tour.
                          Last edited by BluLightning; February 15, 2012, 05:19 PM.
                          I R Bob
                          You can't drink all day unless you start in the morning!
                          2007 LH, 2008 LH, 2009 LH, 2010 LH, 2011 LH, 2012 DNF/BLOW'D UP, 2013 LH, 2014 LH

Comment

I may have sorta solved that issue.

I might have accidently solved that one. Well, for myself anyway. I built a new 355 roller motor for the Malibu that I hope to have in before the tour. But I will not be able to come up with a good 12-bolt for the car by then & I have no doubt that the 10-bolt currently residing in the car would never hold up to a hard burn-out with the new engine. And, since I don't particularly want to push the car from Detoit to Dallas, that will probably solve the problem. For me anyway. Not too much fun though either.
                            Last edited by 67 Malibu; February 15, 2012, 09:24 PM.

Comment

10 bolt or 12 bolt...Might not make a difference. Just ask Bucky

FKA Redragtop
                              (formerly known as)

Comment

Brings back memories..........................

Originally posted by Rocketman View Post
                                10 bolt or 12 bolt...Might not make a difference. Just ask Bucky

That reminds me of a 12-bolt that I scattered in my '68 Camaro street racing back in the day. I used the aftermarket spacer to put 4.11's on a three series carrier & it didn't work out too well either. Looks like someone did something similar with this one. He had more pieces left than I did though!

I would just like to find a '67 Chevelle 12-bolt housing to start with. It is a one-year only housing because GM went to the 1968-up spring perches on the narrower 1964-7 housing in 1967. Sometimes they remind me of how HD does things like that.

Comment

Working...
                                X