• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chicago Pre Tour, Group Leaving for Detroit 6/1 6:00am

Tri-State Tollway (I80/I294) South Holland Lincoln Oasis Eastbound,
    Tri-State Tollway (I-294/I-80), Milepost 1 Eastbound
    ( +41.578021,-87.599491)

Will be meeting up on Friday 6/1/2012 6:00am (leaving no later than 6:30am) for Power Tour, all is invited. message me with your cell phone number (if you want) so we don't leave anyone behind. This will leave us in plenty of time to get to the VA visit, at least one Gas Stop, and maybe a lunch stop too.

Google Maps is showing it as a 4.5 hour drive from there to the VA.

Cruising speed will be about 7-10 over the speed limit (don't need a speeding ticket before we even start)

We are going to take I94 all the way to the big "D" unless someone has another idea of a route that would be much more fun, and not much longer.

I know many people will be coming through this area to get to Power tour because it is where a lot of east west, north south interstates come all together here

If you are not familiar with Oasis's they are part of the Chicago Tollway System where you don't have to pay to get on and off the interstate, and have great variety of food, plus gas, and clean restrooms.

PLEASE PASS THIS ALONG TO ANYONE WHO WILL BE COMING THROUGH THE AREA THAT DAY.

There are hotels, West of the of this location for anyone coming from the west that would need a place to stay (ie, Joliet, New Lenox, Tinley Park...)

Anyone coming from the North or Northwest there are plenty of hotels along I90 or I294. I would avoid taking I90/94 through the city of Chicago it is a traffic nightmare no matter the time.

If anyone else would like to join this group as we are traveling down I 94 towards Detroit, please let me know and we can exchange numbers and you can join in the train as we pass your exit.

Once again all is welcome

Facebook invite Link
    Log into Facebook to start sharing and connecting with your friends, family, and people you know.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by GTPilot88; February 21, 2012, 12:23 AM. Reason: forgot location
    Long Hauler 2009, 10, 11, 12, 15 3 of 7 in 2013 5 of 8 in 2014 1988 Pontiac Fiero GT

Dave and I can report the road conditions 24 hrs. ahead of you guys -

Scout Team !
    Phil / Omaha

Comment

Phil is a great scout!!
      FKA Redragtop
      (formerly known as)

Comment

Does he sale cookies too.(sorry Phil)
        Greg & Mendy Dayton, Ohio 2007LH 2008LH 2010LH 2011LH 2012 1st 2 stops 2013LH 2015 1st 2 stops2016LH 2017 first and last stops . 2018 LH ("It's better to be dead and cool than alive and uncool!! Harley Davidson!")

Comment

6-1 we will have been there and in Power Tour mode for 2 days already...
          I just love my Hot Rods.

Long Hauled 2009,2010,2011,2012 and 2013. Loved every minute of it.

Comment

Originally posted by pintoboy77 View Post
            Does he sale cookies too.(sorry Phil)
            Don't know about cookies, but he had a couple of cold ones ready for me last year in Detroit........rexdogg!

Comment

Talked with my posse' last night ,looks like we maybe joining up with the group. closer it gets we'll talk more . I posted this on chicago 5th gen cause there is about a half dozen or so 5th gen owners going on tour from around here.
              Has anyone seen my fan?

Comment

Originally posted by 4dfide View Post
                Talked with my posse' last night ,looks like we maybe joining up with the group. closer it gets we'll talk more . I posted this on chicago 5th gen cause there is about a half dozen or so 5th gen owners going on tour from around here.
                That would be awesome to get a whole club included!
                Long Hauler 2009, 10, 11, 12, 15 3 of 7 in 2013 5 of 8 in 2014 1988 Pontiac Fiero GT

Comment

GT looks like we are joining you guys and making the run to the VA. I am sooo ready, even though the cars and the wallet are not quite there yet.
                  -Mick
                  HRPT Long Haul '09,'10', '12, '13,'14,'15
                  "if you can still see your face in the finish, you have not sanded enough"

Comment

whoooo.hooo!!

Thinking we will take a 30 min stop near Battle Creek, MI at exit 97.... it is 150 from the Oasis, and 120 from downtown Detroit...Gas stations, and places to eat, easy on and off interstate... all those who are from MI that want to meet there we should be there about 10:30et to 11:00et
                    Last edited by GTPilot88; March 8, 2012, 11:16 AM.

Comment

Bump

We have been nicknammed the WOLF PACK!
                      Last edited by GTPilot88; April 5, 2012, 10:09 PM.

Comment

Everything still is as planned.

GAS stop will be in Battle Creek MI exit 97. Plenty of gas and food choices. 2.5 hours from the oasis and 2 hours from Detroit.

Anyone else joining go back to Page 1 for the full details on the meeting spot!

Comment

so far looks like 3 cars from my group meeting up . ill pm you my cell number >
                          Has anyone seen my fan?

Comment

Working...
                          X