Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Check your Reservations!

Originally posted by blktie96ss
    Take it from I guess a veteran of the Long Haul and check your hotel reservations one last time.
    Thanks for the reminder Blacktie - glad I followed your suggestion as one motel had me in a smoking room which is not for me.

I recommend all who have not done so to follow Blacktie's advice - it took me about 10 minutes to make 5 calls for peace of mind
    a.k.a. - arrowhead from joysey

"They're no good for you. all they ever think about are cars" (GTO/Warren Oates) - Two Lane Blacktop

Comment

Originally posted by BluLightning
      Originally posted by streetshark
      Even though I verified my reservations a month ago after reading this threat I decided to redo it. My reservation for Motel 6 in Topeka KS has gone missing!!! This is even with a confirmation # and reserved using a credit card. They are supposed to call me back in about 20 minutes to sort it out. Hope it is just a new employee not doing something right.
      Did they fix you up?
      Yes. As I hoped it was a employee screw-up and everything is fine. Had visions of trying to sleep in a SSR with no reclining seats and no room. :'(

Comment

Thanks for the tip! We used the "travel agency", a typical newby mistake, and when checking I found several hotels didn't have us by name, but had blocks of rooms reserved. Now that's a fine mess we've gotten into, Ollie. :o
        Ed, Mary, & 'Earl'
        HRPT LongHaulers, 08, 09, 10, 11, 12, 13, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19.

Inside every old person is a young person wondering, "what the hell happened?"

The man at the top of the mountain didn't fall there. -Vince Lombardi

Comment

Originally posted by oletrux4evr
          Thanks for the tip! We used the "travel agency", a typical newby mistake, and when checking I found several hotels didn't have us by name, but had blocks of rooms reserved. Now that's a fine mess we've gotten into, Ollie. :o
          I bet you wont make that mistake again. They are more expensive & I have heard complaints every year about them.
          Hauling ass & sucking gas are the best uses for a truck.

Comment

Originally posted by trukluvr
            Originally posted by oletrux4evr
            I bet you wont make that mistake again. They are more expensive & I have heard complaints every year about them.
            I've never used the travel agency (always booked on my own); it appears that their rates are higher (a cut for their company?), and their cancellation policy is terrible; they apparently book blocks of rooms in each city, then identify the individual names (of persons staying in the respective hotels) close to the cutoff date; at some point, it appears that they release unsold/unneeded rooms, about mid-May or so.....

Comment

Those rooms being released in May is great for those who may be sitting on the fence trying to decide whether to go or not.
              2006 HRPT LH
              2007 HRPT LH
              2011 Valdosta Stop

Comment

I received my confirmation at so far so good. I booked with them for only 3 nights, the others I did on my own.

Comment

LadyGT-
                  I hope cheaper rooms will coax to into coming along this year. (You did say you couldn't make it, didn't you? Hope I'm wrong.) If the rooms don't do it.....I think I do owe you a beer....... ;D
                  You guys are so right about the 'Agency'. Being new, I thought I was so smart to book early and beat the rush.......shoulda became a 'Freak' first. >
                  Ed, Mary, & 'Earl'
                  HRPT LongHaulers, 08, 09, 10, 11, 12, 13, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19.

Inside every old person is a young person wondering, "what the hell happened?"

The man at the top of the mountain didn't fall there. -Vince Lombardi

Comment

i used travelocity. the rates where ok and if you have a problem, you just give them a call. i've always had good luck with them in the past.
                    having said that, i'll still confirm my reservations. good idea.
                    Bruce, Sanford, Fl

welcome to my world

Comment

Everyone in our group checked their rooms and all are OK. We have never had a problem with Best Westerns.
                      Jim & Cathy North Mankato, MN Long Haulers '04,07,08,09,10,11,12,13,14,18,21Short Haul '05,'15,'17,’19 WST '14,'15,'16,'17,’18

Comment

Checked and verified all mine yesterday. We're good to go. ;D
                        I R Bob
                        You can't drink all day unless you start in the morning!
                        2007 LH, 2008 LH, 2009 LH, 2010 LH, 2011 LH, 2012 DNF/BLOW'D UP, 2013 LH, 2014 LH

Comment

Originally posted by outlaw57
                          Checked mine, only one issue..I called to confirm my stay between Rochester and Madison and the lady that answerd said that I had a room, but It's a make your own breakfast, and clean up after yourself place. She said I might have to mow the lawn During my stay!! ;D ;D
                          Hers or the motels? :P :P
                          HRPT 2004LH 2007LH 2008

Comment

Ohhh, that is just not right. ;D
                            It's not the destination, but the journey and the friends you make along the way that counts.

Comment

Originally posted by outlaw57
                              Checked mine, only one issue..I called to confirm my stay between Rochester and Madison and the lady that answerd said that I had a room, but It's a make your own breakfast, and clean up after yourself place. She said I might have to mow the lawn During my stay!! ;D ;D
                              Does that location come with any "benefits"? ;D
                              Non-denominational car nut.
                              Ten Time Long Hauler! 2001-2011
                              Do you go all the way?

Comment

WONDERFUL. > I was not aware of all the issues with the travel agent and I thought I was way ahead of the game booking my rooms in December. I booked six nights with the agent and when I made the calls yesterday, only three hotels had my name. And according to the guy I talked with at Fairfield Inn in Iowa, they only have half as many rooms available June 11 as the travel agent requested (they also did not have my name). Booking a room there independently is now impossible because they are full. So what am I supposed to do? keep my fingers crossed?

I'm pissed that I paid for all these rooms in advance and I don't even know for sure if I'm going to have a place to stay.

Comment

Working...
                                X