Check your Reservations!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Check your Reservations!

You may want to check over on the Hot Rod board. I think someone had extra rooms they would give up. Your experience is exactly why I do it myself. Well that and it's cheaper. Here's a link.

HOT ROD is “where it all began,” as the first magazine to cover the hot rod culture. Since that time, HOT ROD has evolved into a brand devoted to everything from hot rods to restomods, barn finds to project cars and everything in between.
    I R Bob
    You can't drink all day unless you start in the morning!
    2007 LH, 2008 LH, 2009 LH, 2010 LH, 2011 LH, 2012 DNF/BLOW'D UP, 2013 LH, 2014 LH

Comment

Originally posted by mnmotorhead
      WONDERFUL. > I was not aware of all the issues with the travel agent and I thought I was way ahead of the game booking my rooms in December. I booked six nights with the agent and when I made the calls yesterday, only three hotels had my name. And according to the guy I talked with at Fairfield Inn in Iowa, they only have half as many rooms available June 11 as the travel agent requested (they also did not have my name). Booking a room there independently is now impossible because they are full. So what am I supposed to do? keep my fingers crossed?

I'm pissed that I paid for all these rooms in advance and I don't even know for sure if I'm going to have a place to stay.
      I over booked some rooms we had a car back out due to gas $$$$$$$$$$$$$ i will not cancel till we start the tour
      if you need a room lets try to hook up

Mrs crankshaft

Comment

checked mine yesterday and everything is good.
        HRPT 2004LH 2007LH 2008

Comment

Thanks BluLightning and Mrs Crankshaft. I am for sure out a room in Iowa, confirmed it today. Manager at Fairfield Inn said the travel agent cancelled ALL its reservations there. FYI anyone else who used the agent and reserved a room there.

MRS Crankshaft- I sent you a PM. If you have something for sale June 11, I'll gladly buy it. I sent the guy on the Hot Rod board a message, too, though it looks like someone else might have gotten to him first.

Comment

I Have a king and a double at the Hampton in Ames
            we can catch up with each other on the first leg of the tour and
            exchange numbers

Mrs crankshaft

Comment

OK, great! Please let me know if your friends change their minds about going so I can look for something else in Ames.

Comment

OK, great! Please let me know if your friends change their minds about going so I can look for something else in Ames.

Comment

I got a call from my hotel in Madison. They wanted to know if I was still planning on being there. My bet is that since I made my reservations in September that they hoped I had eithe: 1) Forgotten or 2) Changed my travel plans. It could also be that they have discovered that a large group is coming and they want to put my room up at double what I reserved it for.
                  Non-denominational car nut.
                  Ten Time Long Hauler! 2001-2011
                  Do you go all the way?

Comment

Originally posted by Impala_Guy
                    I got a call from my hotel in Madison. They wanted to know if I was still planning on being there. My bet is that since I made my reservations in September that they hoped I had eithe: 1) Forgotten or 2) Changed my travel plans. It could also be that they have discovered that a large group is coming and they want to put my room up at double what I reserved it for.
                    Betcha it was the latter.
                    2006 HRPT LH
                    2007 HRPT LH
                    2011 Valdosta Stop

Comment

I don't know why my reply did not print ???
                      But i do have 2 extra rooms in Ames if you need it it's yours
                      Mrs crankshaft

Comment

I got a call from my hotel in Madison. They wanted to know if I was still planning on being there. My bet is that since I made my reservations in September that they hoped I had either: 1) Forgotten or 2) Changed my travel plans. It could also be that they have discovered that a large group is coming and they want to put my room up at double what I reserved it for.
                        That hotel wouldn't be the The Madison Concourse Hotel on West Dayton Street. I don't my room part of any Dutch auction :'(
                        a.k.a. - arrowhead from joysey

"They're no good for you. all they ever think about are cars" (GTO/Warren Oates) - Two Lane Blacktop

Comment

Just checking ours.We are ok except for 2 hotels don't seem to have our name or "travel agent" listed!I'm concerned to say least.Rooms are paid for on visa!Going to attempt to call tomorrow and see if they can clear this up,talk about a mess!Last time I use them.Last year I had no trouble!? >

Comment

Originally posted by tcbnj
                            I got a call from my hotel in Madison. They wanted to know if I was still planning on being there. My bet is that since I made my reservations in September that they hoped I had either: 1) Forgotten or 2) Changed my travel plans. It could also be that they have discovered that a large group is coming and they want to put my room up at double what I reserved it for.
                            That hotel wouldn't be the The Madison Concourse Hotel on West Dayton Street. I don't my room part of any Dutch auction :'(
                            No, it wasn't that one. Rest assured that I will let you know who it is, especially if the choose not to honor the reservation.
                            Non-denominational car nut.
                            Ten Time Long Hauler! 2001-2011
                            Do you go all the way?

Comment

[/quote]

No, it wasn't that one. Rest assured that I will let you know who it is, especially if the choose not to honor the reservation.
                              [/quote]

While I appreciate you have affections for the antelopes, thanks for looking out for a fellow goat herder 8)
                              a.k.a. - arrowhead from joysey

"They're no good for you. all they ever think about are cars" (GTO/Warren Oates) - Two Lane Blacktop

Comment

Originally posted by shaggn
                                Just checking ours.We are ok except for 2 hotels don't seem to have our name or "travel agent" listed!I'm concerned to say least.Rooms are paid for on visa!Going to attempt to call tomorrow and see if they can clear this up,talk about a mess!Last time I use them.Last year I had no trouble!? >
                                I was checking rooms last night, and the 'clerk' at the Ames Fairfield Inn told me the 'travel agent' had cancelled all the rooms......needless to say, The Travel Agent got a call from me first thing this morning. The lady was really nice, and greatful to hear there was a problem there. She said the 'list' had just been sent to the hotel managers along the route, and that she doesn't deal with anyone else, just to make sure everything is correct. She checked with the Fairfield manager, and sure enough, the 'clerk' was wrong. All is well there. I think the lady at TTA was named Mary Ann, but whatever her name is, she had the decency to call me back, twice today. She was a pleasure to deal with. I feel much better, but next year I'm doing my own rooms. 8)
                                Ed, Mary, & 'Earl'
                                HRPT LongHaulers, 08, 09, 10, 11, 12, 13, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19.

Inside every old person is a young person wondering, "what the hell happened?"

The man at the top of the mountain didn't fall there. -Vince Lombardi

Comment

Working...
                                X