replied
    Re: Check your Reservations!

I have extra rooms also if any one need one

Leave a comment:

• Impala_Guy
    replied

Originally posted by tcbnj

While I appreciate you have affections for the antelopes, thanks for looking out for a fellow goat herder 8)
    Doesn't matter if it is "Goats" or "Antelope", always be wary of the cloven hoofed beasts!

Leave a comment:

• Buzz0
    replied

If anybody is looking for a last minute room I may be able to help. Tuesday morning I will be canceling all my reservations thanks to the worthless engine builder Jon Barrett in Oklahoma City. DO NOT do business with this guy, especially if you are trying to get a car together for the Power Tour. Anyway, here are the hotels that should have an opening:

Ramada, 8 Shackleford, LR
    Ramada, 420 Southeast, 6th, Topeka
    Ramada, 1511 Center Park Road, Lincoln
    Super 8, 1418 S Dayton, Ames
    Super 8, 21st & Broadway, Rochester
    Wingate by Wyndham, 3510 Mill Pond Road, Madison

And, again, do not do business with Jon Barret Hot Rod Engines in Oklahoma City! Thanks for ruining the PT for me and the wife Jon, you sorry piece of garbage.

Leave a comment:

• shaggn
    replied

Followed up with travel agent as well in regards to our rooms-similiar situation,names were all on lists,she said sometimes desk clerks don't always know how group bookings are done,assured me everything was in place,offered to stay at her house if there was an issue!Feel better now. :P

Leave a comment:

• oletrux4evr
    replied

Originally posted by shaggn
    Just checking ours.We are ok except for 2 hotels don't seem to have our name or "travel agent" listed!I'm concerned to say least.Rooms are paid for on visa!Going to attempt to call tomorrow and see if they can clear this up,talk about a mess!Last time I use them.Last year I had no trouble!? >
    I was checking rooms last night, and the 'clerk' at the Ames Fairfield Inn told me the 'travel agent' had cancelled all the rooms......needless to say, The Travel Agent got a call from me first thing this morning. The lady was really nice, and greatful to hear there was a problem there. She said the 'list' had just been sent to the hotel managers along the route, and that she doesn't deal with anyone else, just to make sure everything is correct. She checked with the Fairfield manager, and sure enough, the 'clerk' was wrong. All is well there. I think the lady at TTA was named Mary Ann, but whatever her name is, she had the decency to call me back, twice today. She was a pleasure to deal with. I feel much better, but next year I'm doing my own rooms. 8)

Leave a comment:

• tcbnj
    replied

That hotel wouldn't be the The Madison Concourse Hotel on West Dayton Street. I don't my room part of any Dutch auction :'(
    [/quote]

No, it wasn't that one. Rest assured that I will let you know who it is, especially if the choose not to honor the reservation.
    [/quote]

While I appreciate you have affections for the antelopes, thanks for looking out for a fellow goat herder 8)

Leave a comment:

• Impala_Guy
    replied

Originally posted by tcbnj
    Originally posted by Impala_Guy
    I got a call from my hotel in Madison. They wanted to know if I was still planning on being there. My bet is that since I made my reservations in September that they hoped I had either: 1) Forgotten or 2) Changed my travel plans. It could also be that they have discovered that a large group is coming and they want to put my room up at double what I reserved it for.
    That hotel wouldn't be the The Madison Concourse Hotel on West Dayton Street. I don't my room part of any Dutch auction :'(
    No, it wasn't that one. Rest assured that I will let you know who it is, especially if the choose not to honor the reservation.

Leave a comment:

• shaggn
    replied

Just checking ours.We are ok except for 2 hotels don't seem to have our name or "travel agent" listed!I'm concerned to say least.Rooms are paid for on visa!Going to attempt to call tomorrow and see if they can clear this up,talk about a mess!Last time I use them.Last year I had no trouble!? >

Leave a comment:

• tcbnj
    replied

I got a call from my hotel in Madison. They wanted to know if I was still planning on being there. My bet is that since I made my reservations in September that they hoped I had either: 1) Forgotten or 2) Changed my travel plans. It could also be that they have discovered that a large group is coming and they want to put my room up at double what I reserved it for.

Leave a comment:

• crankshaft
    replied

Originally posted by mnmotorhead
    OK, great! Please let me know if your friends change their minds about going so I can look for something else in Ames.

I don't know why my reply did not print ???
    But i do have 2 extra rooms in Ames if you need it it's yours
    Mrs crankshaft

Leave a comment:

• LadyGT
    replied

I got a call from my hotel in Madison. They wanted to know if I was still planning on being there. My bet is that since I made my reservations in September that they hoped I had eithe: 1) Forgotten or 2) Changed my travel plans. It could also be that they have discovered that a large group is coming and they want to put my room up at double what I reserved it for.
    Betcha it was the latter.

Leave a comment:

• Impala_Guy
    replied

I got a call from my hotel in Madison. They wanted to know if I was still planning on being there. My bet is that since I made my reservations in September that they hoped I had eithe: 1) Forgotten or 2) Changed my travel plans. It could also be that they have discovered that a large group is coming and they want to put my room up at double what I reserved it for.

Leave a comment:

• crankshaft
    replied

Originally posted by mnmotorhead
    OK, great! Please let me know if your friends change their minds about going so I can look for something else in Ames.

Leave a comment:

• mnmotorhead
    replied

Leave a comment:

• crankshaft
    replied

I Have a king and a double at the Hampton in Ames
    we can catch up with each other on the first leg of the tour and
    exchange numbers

Mrs crankshaft

Leave a comment:

Working...
X