No announcement yet.

Power Tour "Roadtrip Kit" Includes …

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Power Tour "Roadtrip Kit" Includes …

I carry flat repair in cans, and I carry a spare but it would be only be used if we really needed to get car off highway.
    I would like to leave spare at home.???

Bluecarguy (john) had so many spare parts with him he sent parts home on Tuesday.
    He had a HEI distributor for one car and a carburetor for another.
    John said at the start of the tour, that he was stopping for everyone that was broken down, we agreed, as did 1old goat and Joe/Mike, and it was ALOT of fun and it slowed us down enough to smell the Flumes. GOOD TIME

Comment

Originally posted by 1956NY150
      I carry flat repair in cans, and I carry a spare but it would be only be used if we really needed to get car off highway.
      I would like to leave spare at home.???

Bluecarguy (john) had so many spare parts with him he sent parts home on Tuesday.
      Dang Bob, I missed a chance to compare spare parts lists.

I traveled without a spare the last two years. I carry a 12 volt pump, flat tire in a can and plugs. Of course it takes me about an hour to get one of my rear tires off so I guess I have "motovation" to not have to do that too often.

Comment

Special wrench for Plugs, 2 allen wrenches for pulleys, wrench for adjusting valves/feeler gage, bottle jack, wheel lock socket, 1/2, 9/16, 5/8 sockets and wrenches, 10mm for calipers, 2 adjustable wrenches 8" 10", 1 or 2 alm jack stands? 12v test light, & multimeter. Spare Plugs. Spare Belt, Oil filter, Oil.

I am leaving power pack for jump starts home?

Chevy's are really easy to travel with for parts it makes you very spoiled.

Dodge Power
        Bob

Comment

bluecarguy (John) had a spare carb when we needed it last year, changed it out just off the interstate in Ill. orange95Z and zeeya (and friends) brought us a thermostat in a rain storm too! You really find out the true meaning of PT when you have trouble on the road.

Cheaps 8)

Comment

for those of use with small trunks (have you ever seen the trunk in a 83' mustang coupe), it sounds like our Tour "Roadtrip Kit" needs to include everyone elses cell number.
            i could say "since it's a mustang, we don't need to take anything because they don't break down", but i'm sure that would encourage the usual "found on road dead" remarks (go on, you know you were thinking it).
            Bruce, Sanford, Fl

welcome to my world

Comment

You got to get your priorities straight

The trunk is for tools, parts and coolers - the important stuff.

The back seat, luggage rack, roof, hood or anywhere else can be used for the less important items such as clothes, snacks or swag. You will notice that I didn't degrade the importance of personal hygiene items.

Comment

Originally posted by cobra
                for those of use with small trunks (have you ever seen the trunk in a 83' mustang coupe), it sounds like our Tour "Roadtrip Kit" needs to include everyone elses cell number.
                i could say "since it's a mustang, we don't need to take anything because they don't break down", but i'm sure that would encourage the usual "found on road dead" remarks (go on, you know you were thinking it).
                80 Z-28 with a full spare left me with less room than that Ford. Been there done it. Best to travel with a group just in case. There is 6 in ours and we split it all up. I have run the Camaro, a 69 Vette and now a 95 vette for this year so I still don't know how to buy a car with a trunk. :-\

OH.....And about that "since it's a mustang" comment you made.....
                You may have just jinxed yourself there pal. If I were you...I would at least pack a good pair of knee pads for the praying you might want to do before you hit the road after that comment... ;D
                AND...even though it's (oh the temptation is killing be but I wont) a Ford...I will pull my Chevy over for you if I happen to see you praying on the side of the road. Not that I can help...I won't have *hit with me anyhow...but I can laugh with ya and maybe offer a Coke... :P

Comment

Maybe I should bring my truck, the hitch cover says remove to tow Fords. ;D Just kidding.
                  It's not the destination, but the journey and the friends you make along the way that counts.

Comment

What size COOLER???

I think I saw Matt with a 36qt coler in His Camero

Comment

Note to self: Find Orange95Z and stick close ...
                      ;)

Comment

Originally posted by White Monster
                        Note to self: Find Orange95Z and stick close ...
                        ;)
                        The Pumpkin is going to paint as we speak, jk. The cooler is always there, just doesn't get opened 'till the Hotel parking lot.
                        "Somewhere the zebra is dancing". Garth Stein's The art of racing in the rain.

Matt

Comment

WHAT ?? ???

:P

Comment

Originally posted by ZEEYAA
                            Originally posted by cobra
                            80 Z-28 with a full spare left me with less room than that Ford. Been there done it. Best to travel with a group just in case. There is 6 in ours and we split it all up. I have run the Camaro, a 69 Vette and now a 95 vette for this year so I still don't know how to buy a car with a trunk. :-\

OH.....And about that "since it's a mustang" comment you made.....
                            You may have just jinxed yourself there pal. If I were you...I would at least pack a good pair of knee pads for the praying you might want to do before you hit the road after that comment... ;D
                            AND...even though it's (oh the temptation is killing be but I wont) a Ford...I will pull my Chevy over for you if I happen to see you praying on the side of the road. Not that I can help...I won't have *hit with me anyhow...but I can laugh with ya and maybe offer a Coke... :P
                            i would appreciate that.
                            Bruce, Sanford, Fl

welcome to my world

Comment

Last year someone told us to bring cardboard tubes to stick posters in. They worked great and kept all the posters from getting smushed. Came home with lots of new barn art.
                              Donna
                              Williamston, MI
                              Long Haul 2007,2008,2009,2010,2011 2012,2013,2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019, 2021

Comment

Originally posted by redragtop
                                Last year someone told us to bring cardboard tubes to stick posters in. They worked great and kept all the posters from getting smushed. Came home with lots of new barn art.
                                GREAT idea!!!! just got one out of the supply closet. might want to throw some rubber bands into the tube also.

another idea. last year, i saw someone with address labels, so when she wanted to fill out an entry form, she just put a sticker on it and it was mostly filled out. saved a BUNCH of time.
                                Bruce, Sanford, Fl

welcome to my world

Comment

Working...
                                X