VA Hospital Cruise

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: VA Hospital Cruise

I'm tossing the idea around of maybe a tour next summer to 4 or 5 VA Hospitals. Just good friends, cars and a good time. Let me know here if you would go and give me an idea of a time that might work for you. Thanks!

Cheaps 8)

Comment

Cheaps-not sure what time we will get into LR either,but we will come down as well if we can.Great work by the way,it's a good time for all,as always you go above and beyond! ;)

Comment

Linda, a tour may be a better idea for next year. If we start in Mdaison, there really isnt anyplace on the campus for a show & there are 2 other VA hospitals in very close driving range-Milwaukee & Tomah. Both are an hour or less from Madtown.
        Hauling ass & sucking gas are the best uses for a truck.

Comment

I haven't really come up with cities yet, but it won't coincide with the PT. PT is already jam packed with lunch stops, and side trips. I'm just thinking of a bunch of us getting together and taking a week to thank those that have served our country. I'd like to keep the cities between 200-400 miles apart so the driving is enjoyable. If anyone is interested, post here and let me know. Thanks!

Cheaps 8)

Comment

Originally posted by 1cheapstreet
            I haven't really come up with cities yet, but it won't coincide with the PT. PT is already jam packed with lunch stops, and side trips. I'm just thinking of a bunch of us getting together and taking a week to thank those that have served our country. I'd like to keep the cities between 200-400 miles apart so the driving is enjoyable. If anyone is interested, post here and let me know. Thanks!

Cheaps 8)
            I might be interested, but enough advance notice would be needed so that some of us (me!) would have a chance to plan either vacation or time off from work...you already answered one of my questions re: coinciding with PT....I was also wondering, I have no knowldege re: the VA system....are their hospitals within a day's driving or so?....keep us posted.....

Comment

Cheaps, that sounds like a great idea. Depending on when I would definetly be in. We need to show our appreciation to our vets for all they have done.
              It's not the destination, but the journey and the friends you make along the way that counts.

Comment

There is a large VA home in King WI. It is about 1 1/2 hours north of Madison near Waupaca. They have started a car show there but I have yet to attend.
                If time and money would permit I would attend. I have said earlier I am not a big fan of large cities. If we could find some smaller communities (smaller cities) with Hosp. or homes?

Comment

Linda and I have discussed making it a part of the Western Scenic Tour for 2009 also. Other than the VA's in California, I dont know where they are out west. We have two great ones here close by, the biggest one being in Loma Linda and a smaller one in Barstow (close to Route 66?)
                  Life is too short to drive boring cars!

Comment

Doug and I will discuss this over the Western Scenic Tour and let everyone know. I would be cool to go up Highway 1, but don't know about VA hospitals.

Cheaps 8)

Comment

this is a great idea! i cant make it to ark. but there is a VA hospital
                      in leavenworth Kansas i am sure it would be good fun. and theres a western sizzler just down the street! if you want me to i could call my VA rep and see
                      if they would like us to come by.

Comment

Originally posted by muggle
                        this is a great idea! i cant make it to ark. but there is a VA hospital
                        in leavenworth Kansas i am sure it would be good fun. and theres a western sizzler just down the street! if you want me to i could call my VA rep and see
                        if they would like us to come by.
                        Muggle, thanks for the super offer! ;) Unfortunately during PT time is restricted and it's hard just to get from one city to the next. With all the lunch stops, and vendor evening meals there's not much spare time once the tour starts. This is why we've started meeting the Friday before the start at a local VA hospital and show off the cars while saying "thanks" to the vets. :D

It's looking like there will be a specific VA Hospital Cruise next year. Dates and stops will be announced at a later date. Thanks for your interest, maybe we'll see you next year for the VA Cruise.

Cheaps 8)

p.s.-freaks, this is something you can set up in your local town. I've found the VA hospitals have been very excited to do something for their patients.

Comment

Cheaps,

I am in Conway, about 30 minutes from the VA hospital. I am going to try and make it down there on the 6th and will try to get a few other guys to come with me...

Later...

Comment

Originally posted by stillkruzn
                            Cheaps,

I am in Conway, about 30 minutes from the VA hospital. I am going to try and make it down there on the 6th and will try to get a few other guys to come with me...

Later...
                            Thank-you so much, the more the merrier! Post here and let me know how many you may be bringing. I don't think we will have any parking issues, the VA just wants a count. Hope you can make it 6/6 at 10AM.

Cheaps 8)

Comment

Originally posted by 1cheapstreet
                              OK freaks the VA Hospital cruise is set for 2008!!! :D Here's the skinny:

Friday 06/06/08

10AM-Noon (might go longer like last year)

Location-2200 Fort Roots Drive
                              North Little Rock, Ar.

Misc-I've spoken w/Laurie Driver (yes that's her name!) at the VA Hospital and they are VERY excited to have us. Laurie is checking with a local Golden Corral about possibly bringing in some breakfast or lunch. More details will be worked out through email and posted here.

Thanks in advance to all of you that are coming into town early for this! Wish we could be there, but you know we will in spirit! ;)

Please post on this thread if you will be able to attend. Thanks Freaks, you're the best!

Cheaps 8)

Comment

I just sent an email blast to several car clubs regarding the VA Hospital Cruise. I will also announce same at my monthly Cruisin in the Rock, Friday, May 16th! hrm

Comment

Working...
                                X