VA Hospital Cruise

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: VA Hospital Cruise

I'll be making Little Rock sometime Friday. I'm going to try to make the VA gathering but not sure when I'll get there.

Right now, the plan is to leave here Thursday after work and drive as far as I can (should be south of KCMO) and do the rest Friday.

Comment

Re: VA Hospital Cruise FINAL DETAILS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

OK freaks here you go, the final details for this year's VA Hospital Cruise:

WHO: anyone that can make it is invited!

WHAT: 2nd annual forum freaks VA Hospital Cruise

WHEN: Friday, June 6, 2008 10AM-1PM

WHERE: Eugene J. Towbin Healthcare Facility
      2200 Fort Roots Drive
      North Little Rock, Arkansas 72114

Take exit 152 off I-40 to Fort Roots Drive, we will show in front of building #170 (has a big fountain in front of it). You can bring "gifts" for the veterans, but admin prefers no razors. Toiletries (shampoo, soaps, lotions, etc.) are fine, as well as pens, pencils, stationary or just plain paper. Blake, the Mardi gra beads are good! Some kind of food/drinks will be provided, not sure how much. Security will have the parking lot reserved for us, so just meet there. Any other questions or concerns, post here, PM me, or call me at 720-323-7974.

I can't say "thank-you" enough to all of you that are making the effort to do this for our vets. I LOVE YOU GUYS & GALS!!!!

Cheaps 8)

Comment

Re: VA Hospital Cruise FINAL DETAILS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Originally posted by 1cheapstreet
        OK freaks here you go, the final details for this year's VA Hospital Cruise:

WHO: anyone that can make it is invited!

WHAT: 2nd annual forum freaks VA Hospital Cruise

WHEN: Friday, June 6, 2008 10AM-1PM

WHERE: Eugene J. Towbin Healthcare Facility
        2200 Fort Roots Drive
        North Little Rock, Arkansas 72114

Take exit 152 off I-40 to Fort Roots Drive, we will show in front of building #170 (has a big fountain in front of it). You can bring "gifts" for the veterans, but admin prefers no razors. Toiletries (shampoo, soaps, lotions, etc.) are fine, as well as pens, pencils, stationary or just plain paper. Blake, the Mardi gra beads are good! Some kind of food/drinks will be provided, not sure how much. Security will have the parking lot reserved for us, so just meet there. Any other questions or concerns, post here, PM me, or call me at 720-323-7974.

I can't say "thank-you" enough to all of you that are making the effort to do this for our vets. I LOVE YOU GUYS & GALS!!!!

Cheaps 8)

Linda, even though I cant make it, I want to thank you for all your work to make this happen. Especially since you WONT be there to see the results.
        Hauling ass & sucking gas are the best uses for a truck.

Comment

Thanks Jimmy! I really hate to miss this, but if I can put together just a VA Cruise next year, that will make up for it. ;)

Cheaps 8)

Comment

Jim - what's your status?

Comment

Originally posted by Leon
              Jim - what's your status?
              Planning on Rochester for sure & hoping to be in Ames. Will have to get a room out towards Rochester if we hit Ames due to cost. Still gotta change carb & install temp guage before we hit the road.

Comment

OK guys and gals, talked to another rep from the VA Hospital today. Mike Vano called me at work and wanted to know if his son could bring his Karman Ghia to the Friday get together. I told him absolutely! The people we hang around with will love to see what he's passionate about. :D I want to see lots of pictures when we all catch up in Topeka.

Cheaps 8)

Comment

So who all is bringing "gifts" and what are you bringing?

Comment

One more thing on the don't not bring list, mouthwash. If you bring things like that, the nurses will take it and give it to the ones that are allowed to have it. Have a great time, take lots of pics, please! ;)

Cheaps 8)

Comment

Originally posted by 1cheapstreet
                      One more thing on the don't not bring list, mouthwash. If you bring things like that, the nurses will take it and give it to the ones that are allowed to have it. Have a great time, take lots of pics, please! ;)

Cheaps 8)
                      Dont just take pics! Please post them for those of us "riding" shotgun from here to enjoy.

Comment

Give all them Vets my best regards. ;D
                        It's not the destination, but the journey and the friends you make along the way that counts.

Comment

Ok you all that will be at the VA tomorrow, you can send me pics to my cell # 720-323-7974 while I'm at work. :P I just want some so I can feel like I'm there. :'( Thanks!

Cheaps 8)

Comment

hey cheaps!! we are on our way over to the VA in a little bit. My son had a tough time rounding up anyone to go, as most everybody is at work today. looking forward to Topeka....M&S 8)
                            Maybe I can clear this up.....I thought the cop was a prostitute.

Comment

Thanks M&S! You all will meet the nicest people, Laurie Driver, Doug Bowers and of course the awesome Peggy! These folks put this show together, be sure and thank them for me.

Cheaps 8)

Comment

I was at the VA today... there was about 12 cars or so.... 4 in my group from Conway... I will post pics as soon as I get a chance... I also have a few pics from the cruise from the fairgrounds to the RiverMarket...

Comment

Working...
                                X