Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Cheaps leads a lost puppy home & I have some leftover Decals from last tour!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cheaps leads a lost puppy home & I have some leftover Decals from last tour!

So after finally putting my winter sports toys away, and heading back over "there" as you guys call it...to see whats going on for the tour...I realized "those" boards had changed. They were terrible and DOG SLOW!!! Anyhow...after a phone call to Cheaps tonight.(Hi Ken & Linda) she informed me to head over here. Like the layout already. Seems like this "style" of board works much better. I don't know what they did over "there" but I did make it known how I felt...oops....

Anyhow...Thanks Cheaps...and here I am!

So the same group of 6 will be long hauling this year. I have a yet another new ride for this tour...and as the wife put it "these cars are getting out of hand". So I said..."hmmmmm...I'll look into the situation and get back to you ASAP!" ;D
    They just don't understand sometimes...but thats ok...still love her to death...

So I just breezed thru the Shirts and Decal threads...and before I put these up...I just wanted to make sure I was not stepping on anyone's toes. If I am...sorry....not doing this to make money. This was just something I did for the fun of it.

I did some decals last year. I THINK I have a few Forum Freak decals left that Ken (Orbit) designed. (see below) Anyone who finds me on the tour or wants to PM or E mail me I will be happy to see what I have left and send them off. I did pay for these out of my pocket and I think I was into them for about 5 bucks...so I'm asking for a SASE to send it in (padded preferred so they don't get wrecked) and 5 bucks and I will get them off. I don't think I have too many and I do have to find them. ??? They are top quality. I have one on my work truck and it looks great still...I'm sure some of you still have them from last year.

On another Decal note...After the 07 tour, I decided to do get a jump and do a batch of "LONG HAUL GANG" decals. Of course I did...and then they have sat at my shop since. I have about 70 of these. Look great and same high end exterior vinyl. You can cut the words and stack or leave as a strip like on my Tahoe in the picture below. Anyhow...same thing...SASE and 5 bucks if you want one.
    I got the long haul idea from a decal I had bought for the 05 tour on my Camaro. I liked it so much I made some.

Glad to see all the familiar faces again...and hope to catch up with all of you on the tour!

ZEEYAA...

Long Haul Decals are about 8.5" wide. I do have a few 10" as well...but not many. Most are 8.5" But remember...you can cut them and put them on stacked if you want.

Re: Cheaps leads a lost puppy home & I have some leftover Decals from last tour!

Hi Kurt! Good to hear from you, we'll see you in Tokepa! Can't wait to see the Vette and maybe take a ride in it. ;) No charge for search and rescue! ;D

Cheaps 8)

Comment

Re: Cheaps leads a lost puppy home & I have some leftover Decals from last tour!

LOL...like the search and rescue comment...

Sometimes you will find me wandering aimlessly for no reason. I think it's all the fumes...

Anyhow...yeah...I'll have to take you for a ride. She gets your attention...

See you soon!

Comment

Hey Kurt,

Glad to see you here.

I won't be doing the tour this year, but I'll be in Madison Friday to partake in the festivities.

Comment

Hey ken...hows it going?
          Make sure you call one of us in Madison as the usual 6 will be on the long haul.
          I saw some of your designs in that decal thread. I really liked most of yours. Surprised they picked the one they did. Not that it's bad...it's cool...but personally...I really liked the stuff you did!

Hope to catch up with you in Madison. Hows the GTO running? Did Jeff tell you I got another car? I'll have to get you in it for a ride. She screams!

Talk to ya soon!

Comment

Kurt....glad to see you made it over from the other side.....sent you a pm re: your decals.....Dave (rexdogg), Chicago

Comment

Originally posted by ZEEYAA
              Hey ken...hows it going?
              Make sure you call one of us in Madison as the usual 6 will be on the long haul.
              I saw some of your designs in that decal thread. I really liked most of yours. Surprised they picked the one they did. Not that it's bad...it's cool...but personally...I really liked the stuff you did!

Hope to catch up with you in Madison. Hows the GTO running? Did Jeff tell you I got another car? I'll have to get you in it for a ride. She screams!

Talk to ya soon!
              Hey Kurt,

Things are going OK. I'll give one of you guys a shout at the appropriate time.

Thanks for the kudos on the decal design stuff. I had fun with it, that's for sure.

The GTO is broken. I decided to fix all the stuff on it that's been passed over the years I've had it. I'm gonna freshen the engine, do some suspension and brake upgrades, fuel system stuff. Not planning on driving it this year. It'll be 'new and improved' for next year.

I heard about the new toy. I'd appreciate a ride sometime. Thanks.

Got any bowling machines yet? Mar's been asking.

Comment

Originally posted by orbit
                Originally posted by ZEEYAA
                Hey ken...hows it going?

Talk to ya soon!
                Hey Kurt,

Things are going OK. I'll give one of you guys a shout at the appropriate time.

Thanks for the kudos on the decal design stuff. I had fun with it, that's for sure.

The GTO is broken. I decided to fix all the stuff on it that's been passed over the years I've had it. I'm gonna freshen the engine, do some suspension and brake upgrades, fuel system stuff. Not planning on driving it this year. It'll be 'new and improved' for next year.

I heard about the new toy. I'd appreciate a ride sometime. Thanks.

Got any bowling machines yet? Mar's been asking.
                Ken,
                Sounds like the Goat will be nice when done! Good luck with it.

On the puck bowler...
                The only thing I have run into that has been decent I ended up putting in my collection. It's an 18' ball bowler from 1961. Really nice machine in almost like new condition. It kinda fell into my lap and I was going to sell it but it's so damn nice and I have had so much fun getting it running that I had to keep it. Not to mention the wife fell in love with it too. But this is an actual ball bowler and not a puck bowler. They are much bigger and rou actually roll a ball about the size of a 16" softball down the lane...then it had a ball return and all...

I do have have one puck bowler coming in my shop monday that will be on consignment, and I know of another that is REALLY REALLY nice but a bit pricey. Not to say that it's not worth what he is asking...because it's beautiful. Why don't you ring my cell and I can tell you more on these. I also have a line on a load of stuff that is out of state and one of the things on the list is a puck bowler.
                Nice ones have been scarce. Call me and we'll talk!
                I will PM you my cell number in case you don't have it...

Decals anyone??? These were designed by Orbit and really are sharp!!!

I ONLY HAVE ABOUT 10 OF EACH SIZE IN THE FORUM FREAK DECAL.
                I do have plenty of the Long Haul Gang decals...

Comment

KURT, was about to call you myself... got your number from cheaps... was wondering where you were.
                  good to see your alive and kicking.
                  need to talk to you one of these days. will p.m. my cell # give me a call, when it is convenient. mike

Comment

Working...
                  X