Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Topeka, Kansas Monday, June 9 What do to??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Topeka, Kansas Monday, June 9 What do to??

Thanks to Trish and her crew at Bobo's, awesome gathering and the apple pie, WOW!!!!!!!!!!! Thanks to Don and Jean for the down home hospitality. We're help you talk her into PT 09! ;D

Cheaps 8)

Comment

After returning from Atco, Monday afternoon, I spent a couple of hours on the microphone at Heartland Park announcing the cars as they went down the strip. I bailed out of that and went down to see all the festivities and was absolutely stunned by the number of kickass machines that showed up at the track. I had a chance to talk with Don Hardy Jr. who is one class act and the son of the guy who revolutionized drag racing with his V8 Vega/Monza conversions.

Around 5:45, I decided to turn home and get a shower and something to eat and headed out to The Whiplash around 8:00. Man, what a show! Josh Vowell & The Rumble ROCKED that place. I was able to meet up with the British Contingent who were taking rides around the block in Leo DaPrato Jr's badass 1963 Dodge Polara 500 and Brian Tabor's wicked cool 1961 bubble top Chevy Impala. Also joining in on the festivities were Leonard and his wife from Michigan with their 318-powered 1937 Plymouth and a group from Canada in a 4.6 Mod-motor powered Jaguar.

A big thanks to Josh & the band as well as Kim, Tracy and Cliff at The Whiplash for bringing live music to Topeka on a Monday night. I hope to see all of you again when you pass through town.

Ron
      It's really no different than trying to glue them back on after she has her way.

Comment

Sorry I didnt make it out there Ron!I talked to Leo and Brian at HPT.Id like to think that people dont think of us as just tornadoes and Dorothy! ;D Damn,now I have to find a way to do both DragWeek and Powertour!!Word of mouth made Topeka a success.Definitely wasnt "VisitTopeka" or "HPT".If it wasnt for a 'Doctors excuse" I would have called in for Monday and Tuesday ;D ;D

Comment

Working...
        X