Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Lincoln, Nebraska Tuesday June 10, What to do?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lincoln, Nebraska Tuesday June 10, What to do?

Looks like Cruise Night by Elderbrock??

Re: Lincoln, Nebraska Tuesday June 10, What to do?

Sounds good

Comment

march 08 hot rod had a blurb on a museum in lincoln that looked cool. it,s near the venue. smith collection museum of american speed, 600 oak creek drive.
      Bruce, Sanford, Fl

welcome to my world

Comment

Originally posted by cobra
        march 08 hot rod had a blurb on a museum in lincoln that looked cool. it,s near the venue. smith collection museum of american speed, 600 oak creek drive.
        I'm pretty sure that is the museum owned by "Speedy" Bill Smith, who also owns Speedway Motors. 8)
        Ed, Mary, & 'Earl'
        HRPT LongHaulers, 08, 09, 10, 11, 12, 13, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19.

Inside every old person is a young person wondering, "what the hell happened?"

The man at the top of the mountain didn't fall there. -Vince Lombardi

Comment

Originally posted by oletrux4evr
          Originally posted by cobra
          I'm pretty sure that is the museum owned by "Speedy" Bill Smith, who also owns Speedway Motors. 8)
          have you ever been there? is it worth checking out?
          Bruce, Sanford, Fl

welcome to my world

Comment

I have been to speedway museum and it was well worth going to and you can spend several hours in there looking at his collections: race cars, metal lunch boxes, and probably the largest collection of pedal cars. Also cruising "O" street at night is the longest cruising street in the midwest. check out www.1320video.com for some americruise action in Lincoln.

Comment

Speedway Motors was the venue for the first day of P/T '02. The museum was not yet officially open yet but the Tour participants were allowed to go in. The things I remember most was all of the antique pedal cars, the V-16 Chevy engine (two V-8's cast together with a distributor cap the size of a pizza pan) and a Tucker. Also, that day at the dinner they served BBQ'ed buffalo meat.
              Non-denominational car nut.
              Ten Time Long Hauler! 2001-2011
              Do you go all the way?

Comment

here is the link
                The Museum of American is dedicated to honor and preserve American hot rod and racing history and inspire the automotive ingenuity and enthusiasm of future generations.

Comment

HRM here. I believe that Edlebrock will now host in Springfield, MO. I will see if I canfind out who is hosting in Lincoln, NE. I am orginally from Omaha, NE and we have family in Lincoln. There is great cruisin in Lincoln - I have attended Americruise there and "O" Street is great. Lots of folks line the streets in their lawn chairs to enjoy the vehicles. Also, great museum there - I believe it is called Speedway Motors. They are always involved during Americruise but not sure about HRPT. hrm

Comment

Well, I have never been to the speedway museum, but the guys there, pretty cool.
                    I used to sell product to the shop making street rod parts, and always was invited down to check it out.

I would suggest a trip off tour to a yard about an hour south, but knowing the guy, he'll be at the PT event.
                    40 acres of stuff dating back to the 30's. Hell, even Chad could get spare parts for the rusty wagon if need be...only like 250 wagons in one part of the yard alone...

All I can say is, burn outs are fun on the main street called "O" street, but be fore warned, the cops will tag you if having fun...the kids were throwing water, and guys were smoking them, and hell, even the bike cops were catching people and giving them tickets.

Have a good one. Look out for the '72 Gran Torino Sport in primer.

Andrew
                    1972 Ford Gran Torino Sport and other FoCoMo problem children

2020...year of getting screwed by a Narcissist and learning hard lessons into trusting the wrong people on a business venture.
                    2021...year of singing "99 problems but an asshole ain't one"

Moved cross country twice on a role of the dice...I left Nebraska and came back to Nebraska.

Comment

Originally posted by Eliteman76
                      Well, I have never been to the speedway museum, but the guys there, pretty cool.
                      I used to sell product to the shop making street rod parts, and always was invited down to check it out.

I would suggest a trip off tour to a yard about an hour south, but knowing the guy, he'll be at the PT event.
                      40 acres of stuff dating back to the 30's. Hell, even Chad could get spare parts for the rusty wagon if need be...only like 250 wagons in one part of the yard alone...

All I can say is, burn outs are fun on the main street called "O" street, but be fore warned, the cops will tag you if having fun...the kids were throwing water, and guys were smoking them, and hell, even the bike cops were catching people and giving them tickets.

Have a good one. Look out for the '72 Gran Torino Sport in primer.

do you have a business name, address, maybe a map on the yard? we've been trying to find some good junkyards along the way. thanks 8) 8) 8)
                      Bruce, Sanford, Fl

welcome to my world

Comment

Yeah would be up for this seeing as 2 of own 50's cars

Comment

BUMP

anyone else intrested in a run out?

Comment

Originally posted by The Chief
                            BUMP

anyone else intrested in a run out?
                            if we can get an address, this is what we live for. and we'll be looking for parts. just need to find some way to get them home. what we usually do, is get up early and hit the yards on the way to the venue.

Bruce, Sanford, Fl

welcome to my world

Comment

Well count us in, as soon as i get over next wednesday i will grab a cell phone and let you guys have the number so we can keep in touch

Comment

Working...
                              X