Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Rochester, MN Thrusday June 12 What to do?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rochester, MN Thrusday June 12 What to do?

I am definitely looking at a Map a lot closer, last year by now i could name all the cities in order, not yet this year.
    Bob

What iis in Rochester??

Re: Rochester, MN Thrusday June 12 What to do?

Originally posted by 1956NY150
    I am definitely looking at a Map a lot closer, last year by now i could name all the cities in order, not yet this year.
    Bob

What iis in Rochester??

Those who are injured in the Trike Races in Little Rock will be glad to know that Rochester is the home of the world-famous Mayo Clinic. :D
    Ed, Mary, & 'Earl'
    HRPT LongHaulers, 08, 09, 10, 11, 12, 13, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19.

Inside every old person is a young person wondering, "what the hell happened?"

The man at the top of the mountain didn't fall there. -Vince Lombardi

Comment

Hey I have a nephew that's a DR. at the Mayo Clinic, I'll put him on standby! ;D

Cheaps 8)

Comment

Originally posted by 1cheapstreet
        Hey I have a nephew that's a DR. at the Mayo Clinic, I'll put him on standby! ;D

Cheaps 8)

They are right Cheaps....you can arrange anything! ;D
        Ed, Mary, & 'Earl'

Comment

Originally posted by oletrux4evr

Cheaps 8)

Between family and this wonderful network of hotrodders, anything is possible! ;)

Cheaps 8)

Comment

Originally posted by oletrux4evr

Cheaps 8)

Between family and this wonderful network of hotrodders, anything is possible! ;)

Cheaps 8)
            Those who are injured in the Trike Races in Little Rock may need a little TLC by the time we get to Rochester....... :D
            Ed, Mary, & 'Earl'

Comment

isn't rochester where the bbq is or is that no longer go?
              Bruce, Sanford, Fl

welcome to my world

Comment

Apparently there is a regular cruise night on Thursdays in Rochester at Sandy Point. I think it's on the north end of the city. I'm trying to get more info. Years ago Roch sucked for cruising as the city didn't like it, even when it was an organized event/parade type of thing. Not really sure how it will be now. Not any really good spots that are known for cruising that I am aware of. When I find out more, I'll let you guys know.

Comment

Like BBQ?
                  John Hardy's BBQ on Broadway. On the South end of town, just a bit North of Wal-Mart. Ribs, Chicken, Smoked Ham, or Shreded Pork. Plates, or Sandwiches, Gooooood.

Like Burgers?
                  Newt's. Right Downtown, like corner of 1st & 2nd? Never been there, but told SUPER Cheeseburgers, on 2nd floor. We'll have to find it.

I'm doing a late BBQ lunch, then a Burger that evening.

The BBQ you should NOT pass up.

Comment

We used to get to Rochester and eat pizza at Billotti's. Hope they are still there. Very good food!
                    Jim & Cathy North Mankato, MN Long Haulers '04,07,08,09,10,11,12,13,14,18,21Short Haul '05,'15,'17,’19 WST '14,'15,'16,'17,’18

Comment

Sandy Point was torn down four years ago, the cruise was moved to Wednesday night at the Eagles Club on the east end of town. John Hardy's BBQ is still on the south end of Broadway but the best (IMO, sorry jimSC) bbq is Roscoe's Root Beer and Ribs. (www.roscoesbbq.com) Roscoe and his gang may be at the RCTC grounds, I haven't talked to him in the past two weeks. Thursday night the Rochester Honkers will be playing baseball at 7:05. This a collegiate, wooden bat league. I have an on-site chair massage business and was going to set up at RCTC, but when I found out the cost ($650 for a 10 X 10 space) there was no way. Maybe I'll hit the parking lot at the Holiday Inn South!

Yes, Bilotti's (www.bilottispizza.com) is still open and has good has ever.

Newt's, best burgers in Rochester (according to Rochester Magazine survey's) for many years. Newt's is a SMALL bar on the second floor of the City Cafe. Located on 2nd Ave SW, between 2nd and 3rd streets, short walk from Kalher, behind the Hilton and block from HI Express, say hi to Tim the bartender for me.

Broadway is the main drag through town, it's also called Hwy 63, and runs all the way from south to north. I drove it this afternoon and there were spots where it was down to one lane because of street work. Those might be done by next week. Another good route through town from south to north is 3rd Ave, SE. turning into Silver Lake Dr. NE. This runs parallel to Broadway, has fewer traffic lights and goes past Silver Lake Park on the north end before running back into Broadway.

Downtown, Center Street, that passes on the north side of the Kahler Grand Hotel is down to one lane, one way. You will need to drive west on 2nd St SW and turn at 3rd Ave SW and turn onto Center. The winter was very tough on the streets in town, lots of thawing and refreezing. Watch for potholes.

If your staying in the hotels on South Broadway (ie. Holiday Inn South) they have large parking lots.

I haven't heard of any major plans for events for Thursday night. But then I'm not surprised. There has been no mention of the Power Tour in the local paper or TV. I don't think the "non cars guys" really have an clue of what is about to happen to Rochester. I was at the media event for when they said that, "as many as 3000 cars, bringing up to 1.2 million dollars in one day" was going to happen, there was an audible gasp from the crowd.

Remember, the liquor stores close at 8:00 pm in Rochester and no alcohol is sold in places that sell gas. After 8 it's 3.2% beer only at the food stores, or drive out of town, where the liquor stores are open until 10 pm.

Comment

John Hardy's BBQ is still on the south end of Broadway but the best (IMO, sorry jimSC) bbq is Roscoe's Root Beer and Ribs.
                        I've ate at both, and still like John Hardy's better. But that's why there are choices, right? All I know is Rochester has REAL good BBQ (in a few places) ans better than we have here in Minneapolis/St Paul atea.

Let's have an eat off?

Comment

Working...
                        X