• Show
Clear All

Looks good buddy.
    HRPT LH- 09,10,11,12
    DW- 12,16,17
    "Stay thirsty my friends"
    The worlds most interesting man

Comment

Thanks Matt. She's been a pain in my @SS, but she's slowly coming along. I'm hoping to get all the kinks worked out of the paint before the PT starts, if not, then I might just wait till winter and sand her completely down and start over from scratch. I'll play it by ear and see what what happens in the next couple of months.
      sigpic

"People Sleep Peacefully in their beds at Night Because Rough Men Stand Ready to do violence on their Behalf."
      - George Orwell

Comment

Looking good Bucky,clean and neat. Awsome job keep it up.
        Greg & Mendy Dayton, Ohio 2007LH 2008LH 2010LH 2011LH 2012 1st 2 stops 2013LH 2015 1st 2 stops2016LH 2017 first and last stops . 2018 LH ("It's better to be dead and cool than alive and uncool!! Harley Davidson!")

Comment

Who needs an air cleaner? Hell I ran half the tour without one.
          Powertour off/on since 2002
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by bishir View Post
            You ran half the tour without a plug in your rear end either!

Not that rearend you sickos!

I R Bob
            You can't drink all day unless you start in the morning!
            2007 LH, 2008 LH, 2009 LH, 2010 LH, 2011 LH, 2012 DNF/BLOW'D UP, 2013 LH, 2014 LH

Comment

Originally posted by BluLightning View Post
              You ran half the tour without a plug in your rear end either!

Not that rearend you sickos!

that's a picture that might get first time power tour participants to wonder..... " I would like to make the tour, but if I break down.....uh, oh".................rexdogg!
              Last edited by rexdogg; April 12, 2012, 03:49 PM.

Comment

And all the regulars just shaking their heads and laughing.
                I R Bob
                You can't drink all day unless you start in the morning!
                2007 LH, 2008 LH, 2009 LH, 2010 LH, 2011 LH, 2012 DNF/BLOW'D UP, 2013 LH, 2014 LH

Comment

Originally posted by BluLightning View Post
                  And all the regulars just shaking their heads and laughing.
                  it's probably fair to say that.....the power tour is a blast, LOTS of laughs, memories, stories, trips, stops along the way, get togethers in hotel parking lots..."breakdowns along the way, or at hotels" (and those helping out).....it's getting close....rexdogg!

Comment

Originally posted by rexdogg View Post
                    it's probably fair to say that.....the power tour is a blast, LOTS of laughs, memories, stories, trips, stops along the way, get togethers in hotel parking lots..."breakdowns along the way, or at hotels" (and those helping out).....it's getting close....rexdogg!
                    Yup, that's why its killing me to miss it this year. .

Oh, and correction... I ran the entire tour without a plug. ;).
                    Powertour off/on since 2002
                    sigpic

Comment

Looks good Bucky, Does spectre say what that carb hat flows? that was bee my only issue with using such a setup in that I am unsure if it would become a restriction.

James I was wondering if you where going to make it this year, I was hoping to have you around in Texas when my buddy that lives there (former military 4 tours or so meets us all to show us the best none tourist bars(Mike was all ready to drive you car home again lol))

Comment

Originally posted by Buckeye View Post
                        Looks good Bucky, Does spectre say what that carb hat flows? that was bee my only issue with using such a setup in that I am unsure if it would become a restriction.

James I was wondering if you where going to make it this year, I was hoping to have you around in Texas when my buddy that lives there (former military 4 tours or so meets us all to show us the best none tourist bars(Mike was all ready to drive you car home again lol))
                        According to Bucky - there are 2 4" tubes which without doing the math most certainly should flow more than 4 2" venturies.

Comment

Bucky,

That setup looks awesome! I didn't realize that Spectre Performance did custom work. I've wanted something like that since I stuffed the 468 into my Cutlass. I've already relocated the battery to the trunk, but I ran all the Vintage Air lines near where the battery would be on a Chevelle.

Hope to see this in person on the tour this year.
                          Last edited by 67Cutlass; April 12, 2012, 08:14 PM.
                          sigpic
                          Once you've gone Rat, you'll never go back
                          468 BBC
                          Long Hauler 2011, 2012

Comment

Originally posted by cstmwgn View Post
                            According to Bucky - there are 2 4" tubes which without doing the math most certainly should flow more than 4 2" venturies.
                            Im not talking about the tubes but rather the hat with the slim profile to fit underwood it in pic looks a bit pinched off

Comment

Originally posted by Buckeye View Post
                              Im not talking about the tubes but rather the hat with the slim profile to fit underwood it in pic looks a bit pinched off
                              I can see what you're saying, but it's pretty much a direct, open path for the air to travel once it gets into the plenum. Now, on Jade, with my custom 1" billet spacer that I'm running in between my intake and my HP870 Carb, the air filter literally sat inside of my cowl induction. Now, it was not a functional cowl, so in all reality, I wasn't getting much, if any air flow to the air filter for the carb to suck. Yes the plenum looks flat and sleek, but I'm not sure it's pinched enough to restrict any air flow.

For you, I'll be more than happy to find that answer out next week....
                              sigpic

"People Sleep Peacefully in their beds at Night Because Rough Men Stand Ready to do violence on their Behalf."
                              - George Orwell

Comment

Originally posted by bishir View Post
                                And that's just one of the many reasons that I Love you brother!!! Really, who needs an air filter.... Bahahaha!!
                                sigpic

- George Orwell

Comment

Working...
                                X