X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2012 Fall Colors Tour - October 19 - 21

Been Here:

Done That:

Look's like the Tail of the Dragon will be our next Spring Blooms Tour. So where will we go for the Fall Trip please give input on some nice road trips and sight seeing places to help everyone decied what's next.

I have only done 2 trips so far but I'am looking forward to many more.

I could suggest a show in Ocean City, MD Thats four days of hot rods taking over a Beach town. It has a turn out of about 3500 cars and they are all driving all over the place all day and night. It's kinda like the Power Tour in the same town for four days. But I know that's alittle bit of a drive for some to get there but it's well worth the trip.
    http://www.specialeventpro.com/endless.php check it out if you like.
    And please list any ideas you may have
    Thanks
    Last edited by Monster; July 14, 2012, 11:21 AM.

Originally posted by novadriver View Post
    Been Here:

Done That:

Look's like the Tail of the Dragon will be our next Spring Blooms Tour. So where will we go for the Fall Trip please give input on some nice road trips and sight seeing places to help everyone decied what's next.

I have only done 2 trips so far but I'am looking forward to many more.

I could suggest a show in Ocean City, MD Thats four days of hot rods taking over a Beach town. It has a turn out of about 3500 cars and they are all driving all over the place all day and night. It's kinda like the Power Tour in the same town for four days. But I know that's alittle bit of a drive for some to get there but it's well worth the trip.
    http://www.specialeventpro.com/endless.php check it out if you like.
    And please list any ideas you may have
    Thanks
    although the show sounds neat, the idea of these is more to drive, and just a weekend thing. that shows sounds more involved.
    in the past, others have spoken of some neat runs thru the mountains. Deals Gap (tail of the dragon) is my choice.
    Bruce, Sanford, Fl

welcome to my world

Comment

Originally posted by cobra View Post
      although the show sounds neat, the idea of these is more to drive, and just a weekend thing. that shows sounds more involved.
      in the past, others have spoken of some neat runs thru the mountains. Deals Gap (tail of the dragon) is my choice.
      Yes, Your right it's about the drive that's way we need some ideas. We talked the other night and it looks like Deals Gap will be next springs trip just because of the amount of people already trying to run the Dragon in the fall everyone said spring might be easier to get rooms and stuff.

Comment

Here is my .02. Why don't we do some tours of the NASCAR garages, ZMax dragway, or the NASCAR HOF. in the fall?? If Brent and Vic can talk to the people they know and get it done in a short period of time then I think we should do that, then do Tail of the dragon next spring. I will do want the majority decides I just like getting out w/everyone and driving.
        Last edited by 4Gotten1; April 17, 2012, 04:25 AM.

Comment

Yes, Your right it's about the drive that's way we need some ideas. We talked the other night and it looks like Deals Gap will be next springs trip just because of the amount of people already trying to run the Dragon in the fall everyone said spring might be easier to get rooms and stuff.
          Was hoping it would be the fall..spring is to close to PT and money is tighter then because of PT to make the trip and i really wanted to go to the tail with you guys.
          Long Hauler 2009, 10, 11, 12, 15 3 of 7 in 2013 5 of 8 in 2014 1988 Pontiac Fiero GT

Comment

Hey guys, What if we picked up where we left off and strarted on our way south again. I was looking at mapquest but I' am not sure how to copy it and post it. What if we started around Strasburg, VA(I-81 and RT55) head west thru the mountians to Moorefrield,WV(RT55 and RT220) then head south thru along the mountians to Covington, VA(RT220 and I-64). It looks like it about 165 mile trip and looks like during the Fall Colors it should look pretty good. We could even start in Front Royal at the Hotel we stayed at last time if everyone wanted. That way we could all start a slush fund for the Tail of the Dragon in Spring and it would give the guys time to work on the garage tour for next fall. And we would be set up for the next two years on trips. This is all just being trown out there. I'am willing to do whatever the group descides. I can have fun wherever.

Comment

Hey guys, What if we picked up where we left off and strarted on our way south again. I was looking at mapquest but I' am not sure how to copy it and post it. What if we started around Strasburg, VA(I-81 and RT55) head west thru the mountians to Moorefrield,WV(RT55 and RT220) then head south thru along the mountians to Covington, VA(RT220 and I-64). It looks like it about 165 mile trip and looks like during the Fall Colors it should look pretty good. We could even start in Front Royal at the Hotel we stayed at last time if everyone wanted. That way we could all start a slush fund for the Tail of the Dragon in Spring and it would give the guys time to work on the garage tour for next fall. And we would be set up for the next two years on trips. This is all just being trown out there. I'am willing to do whatever the group descides. I can have fun wherever.
              here's a visual..
              Attached Files
              Last edited by Vsolo; April 17, 2012, 09:52 AM.
              So. Central PA
              Long Hauler 2010 & 2011 (2 stops 2014) 2015

NERR 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014

Comment

fall party at my house.(cant get my shit togeather long enough to leave)
                Never kick a fresh Turd on a hot day.....Harry S Truman

Comment

Originally posted by fine59 View Post
                  fall party at my house.(cant get my shit togeather long enough to leave)
                  Where about are you located ?
                  So. Central PA
                  Long Hauler 2010 & 2011 (2 stops 2014) 2015

NERR 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014

Comment

I don't care where we go as long as we have tunnels!!!!! Big tunnell near Fred's house.
                    Last edited by BLUE STREAK; April 17, 2012, 10:19 AM.
                    PT 2006-2008-2009-2010-2011-2014-2015
                    1970 EL CAMINO

Comment

Originally posted by BLUE STREAK View Post
                      I don't care where we go as long as we have tunnels!!!!! Big tunnell near Fred's house.

Comment

Originally posted by BLUE STREAK View Post
                        Chesapeake Bay Bridge tunnel
                        Monitor Merrimac bridge tunnel
                        Hampton roads Bridge tunnel
                        Downtown tunnel
                        Midtown tunnel

take your pick ..and they all suck
                        Never kick a fresh Turd on a hot day.....Harry S Truman

Comment

Originally posted by fine59 View Post
                          Chesapeake Bay Bridge tunnel
                          Monitor Merrimac bridge tunnel
                          Hampton roads Bridge tunnel
                          Downtown tunnel
                          Midtown tunnel

take your pick ..and they all suck
                          Back in the day Chesapeake used to have two tunnels ;-)

Comment

Still does,and they both suck.
                            Keep smiling,makes them wonder whats on your mind.

Comment

Just out of curiosity ... how can a tunnel suck ?
                              Last edited by Monster; April 18, 2012, 05:30 AM.

Comment

Working...
                              X