Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Will Organize a Gathering in Springfield...Are you Interested?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Will Organize a Gathering in Springfield...Are you Interested?

I own a little Tavern on the Southwest side of Springfield. Am changing my licence so I can be open on Sunday. If everyone would like, I will open up the Bar and we can have a Parking lot BBQ and socialize in the Tavern. Have a pool table, shuffle board and I am always full of BS!!! I can also rope off the parking lot for our use only and "lookers" can park across the street. I said Lookers not Hookers...we are not that kind of Bar!!! Now, this is a little hole-in-the-wall Tavern. My parents built it in 1972 and we are the oldest bar owned and operated by the same family in southwest MO. To say the least, I think we have character. My brother and I own the Bar now and my daughter and I "run" it with help from my employees!!! Its kind of like "Cheers".... everyone is family!

So let me know if you all would like to do this..

Jill
    Queen of the "Silverleaf Tavern"
    http://i263.photobucket.com/albums/i.../Marlin003.jpg

Re: Will Organize a Gathering in Springfield...Are you Interested?

I'm in - thanks Jill (not sure if I will be one or two as my wingman may have to get dropped off at an airport to head back to work)

I am looking forward to the to seeing the Silverleaf. My sister & brother-in-law once owned a tavern from the colonial days at the crossroads of small farming town in south Jersey, Crosswicks. Those spots always seem to have a special charm.

a.k.a. - arrowhead from joysey

"They're no good for you. all they ever think about are cars" (GTO/Warren Oates) - Two Lane Blacktop

Comment

Sounds good

Comment

awesome. sounds perfect, as i happen to like little hole in the walls.
        Bruce, Sanford, Fl

welcome to my world

Comment

count the wife and i in.....screw the inlaws in Pilot Grove, i,d rather sit on a bar stool and swap lies ;D
          Never kick a fresh Turd on a hot day.....Harry S Truman

Comment

Originally posted by fine59
            count the wife and i in.....screw the inlaws in Pilot Grove, i,d rather sit on a bar stool and swap lies ;D
            We do have "Liers Corner" at Silverleaf Taproom! ;D

Comment

Jill its people like you that keep people like us coming back for more abuse from this thing called powertour ;D
              Never kick a fresh Turd on a hot day.....Harry S Truman

Comment

Jill, it's very generous of you and Chuck to open the place up. Count Mary and I in.....do we need to bring eats of any kind? I assume more details will follow.
                Ed, Mary, & 'Earl'
                HRPT LongHaulers, 08, 09, 10, 11, 12, 13, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19.

Inside every old person is a young person wondering, "what the hell happened?"

The man at the top of the mountain didn't fall there. -Vince Lombardi

Comment

The wife and I will be happy to stop in. Will you be willing to take donations to help pay for the BBQ?
                  Springfield will be a good stop for us, we live in Monett so we get to sleep in our own bed at least once during the PT ;D Are you guys planning on going to LR on Friday?

Comment

Cool that we can go to a "local" bar and not a some corporate chain. Someone will just have to make sure that I don't get "over-served".
                    Non-denominational car nut.
                    Ten Time Long Hauler! 2001-2011
                    Do you go all the way?

Comment

Originally posted by Buzz0
                      The wife and I will be happy to stop in. Will you be willing to take donations to help pay for the BBQ?
                      Springfield will be a good stop for us, we live in Monett so we get to sleep in our own bed at least once during the PT ;D Are you guys planning on going to LR on Friday?
                      Ok, What I have planned for now is to have a Fish Fry. I thought that everyone would eat enough Hot dogs and hamburgers during the week!! Will try to make it as simple as possible...will have potato salad and some other side dishes. If you want to donate to the cause that will be fine. I will set up a donation jar in the Bar.... but this is my contribution to the interesting adventure we are on that week! I just wanted others to see alittle something different and experience a local place of Springfield. Now, because of attention to the "fine details" (HA)....We will not be in Little Rock to start off the PT. Will meet up with everyone at the Fairgrounds in Springfield with map to get to the "Leaf" (as the regulars call it) More updates to follow!

Jill

Comment

Jill and Chuck, thanks for doing this, and this sounds like a great idea.
                        It's not the destination, but the journey and the friends you make along the way that counts.

Comment

Originally posted by 65Marlin
                          I own a little Tavern on the Southwest side of Springfield. Am changing my licence so I can be open on Sunday. If everyone would like, I will open up the Bar and we can have a Parking lot BBQ and socialize in the Tavern. Have a pool table, shuffle board and I am always full of BS!!! I can also rope off the parking lot for our use only and "lookers" can park across the street. I said Lookers not Hookers...we are not that kind of Bar!!! Now, this is a little hole-in-the-wall Tavern. My parents built it in 1972 and we are the oldest bar owned and operated by the same family in southwest MO. To say the least, I think we have character. My brother and I own the Bar now and my daughter and I "run" it with help from my employees!!! Its kind of like "Cheers".... everyone is family!

So let me know if you all would like to do this..

Jill
                          Queen of the "Silverleaf Tavern"
                          sounds like a great idea

count us in
                          2007 Power Tour Long Haul
                          2008 Power Tour Long Haul
                          2009 Canadian Points East Tour
                          2009 Power Tour Michigan Stop
                          2011 Power Tour Muskegeon & Detroit Stops
                          2012 Power Tour Long Haul
                          2012 Northeast Rod Run
                          2013 Northeast Rod Run

Comment

Hey 55Lincoln:

If you are going, then we will go too. I thought 65Marlin had a Marlin - I didnt know it was part of his Fish Fry???
                            Of course we can kick in a little $ to help too.

Comment

Originally posted by 60scarguy
                              Hey 55Lincoln:

If you are going, then we will go too. I thought 65Marlin had a Marlin - I didnt know it was part of his Fish Fry???
                              Of course we can kick in a little $ to help too.
                              we can give Canadian Money it's worth more ??? ???
                              2007 Power Tour Long Haul
                              2008 Power Tour Long Haul
                              2009 Canadian Points East Tour
                              2009 Power Tour Michigan Stop
                              2011 Power Tour Muskegeon & Detroit Stops
                              2012 Power Tour Long Haul
                              2012 Northeast Rod Run
                              2013 Northeast Rod Run

Comment

Working...
                              X