Your Cars condition

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Your Cars condition

;D Took the 46 into town today for some premium gas. Went on a short country tour and damn near hit a turkey. That break test worked fine!!!! A few small items left todo. We will be catching up to everyone somewhere on tour after Black Hill Overdrive. If no where else in Madison.

Comment

car ran well all the way up to tallehassee. it likes 60 to 65mph. really settles in nice.
      6 of us worked till ten on sat and till 2 on sun and got a lot done on oldpigguy's dble 5. but still probably didn't get enough done. it's a sweet ride.
      the 83' ran good on most of the way back, till i hit interstate. then i decided to take up cstmwgn's challenge and preceded to run 80 to 85 for the 20 mile stretch to wildwood. car ran well, oil pressure looked good and temp was a few degrees warmer, but not much. engine rpm - 2500 to 3000. after i exited, and was driving thru town, the temp quickly started heading north. i was trying to pull over, and just as suddenly, the temp drop like a rock (the thermostate opened?). it stayed low temp for about 5 min and then started rising again, then again dropped like a rock. it did this a few times so i pulled over. by this time, the radiator had empty into the over flow, leaving the radiator maybe 1/4 full. something caused a major heat up, but it should be able to run 85 all day long.
      it's a four core radiator and a mildly modified 5.0 with AOD, 8.8 rear with 3.73's, stock water pump and fan on engine.
      i made it home, but it wasn't fun.
      anyone have any guesses?
      this car is really starting to p!$$ me off.
      Bruce, Sanford, Fl

welcome to my world

Comment

It could be an air bubble.

Comment

brand new thermostat, plus the car ran thru stop and go traffic, running cool as a cucumber. this afternoon, we put a gauge on it and all looked well. when we were done, the water level in the radiator had dropped quit a bit. our thinking was that maybe it was enough to work an air bubble out.
          since i filled it back up with water this morning, it ran two hours this afternoon, thru traffic and again ran very cool. i'll have to take it out on the hiway and try to blow it up again. thanks for your ideas. any other ideas, keep them coming.
          Bruce, Sanford, Fl

welcome to my world

Comment

The mad thrash has begun, we were planning on taking the 54 Chevy but may at the last minute change to a different car. Not saying yet as we don't know if I can get it done in time. I have it apart now getting it ready for paint, due to go into the shop next monday for minor bodywork and paint. Supposed to get it back the 23rd so I can get it back together, taking it down for pinstripping around the 28th, new wheels should be in by then so I can go down (70 miles) for tires if Costco gets them in by then. That leaves the 29th for any loose ends and we leave the morning of the 30th. If all that falls apart I can take the 54, but the trip will cost about $600 more if I do! If this works, I'll post a picture of the car so everyone will know what to look for.

Comment

another thought, maybe the belt tensioners bad, causing belt slip at the higher rpm's?????
              i'll change it this week just to be sure.
              Bruce, Sanford, Fl

welcome to my world

Comment

Originally posted by Leon
                The mad thrash has begun, we were planning on taking the 54 Chevy but may at the last minute change to a different car. Not saying yet as we don't know if I can get it done in time. I have it apart now getting it ready for paint, due to go into the shop next monday for minor bodywork and paint. Supposed to get it back the 23rd so I can get it back together, taking it down for pinstripping around the 28th, new wheels should be in by then so I can go down (70 miles) for tires if Costco gets them in by then. That leaves the 29th for any loose ends and we leave the morning of the 30th. If all that falls apart I can take the 54, but the trip will cost about $600 more if I do! If this works, I'll post a picture of the car so everyone will know what to look for.
                Is it a little pony? ;D
                I R Bob
                You can't drink all day unless you start in the morning!
                2007 LH, 2008 LH, 2009 LH, 2010 LH, 2011 LH, 2012 DNF/BLOW'D UP, 2013 LH, 2014 LH

Comment

Originally posted by BluLightning
                  Is it a little pony? ;D
                  Nope - It's a GM product

Comment

Originally posted by Leon
                    Originally posted by BluLightning
                    Is it a little pony? ;D
                    Nope - It's a GM product
                    Curses foiled again.
                    I R Bob
                    2007 LH, 2008 LH, 2009 LH, 2010 LH, 2011 LH, 2012 DNF/BLOW'D UP, 2013 LH, 2014 LH

Comment

What ever you bring Leon, we are looking forward to seeing you and Sharon again.

Buddy
                      Living the dream!

Comment

Today 5/14/08

Went from paint shop to car wash to a small cruise thing.
                        Drove car home tonight (we live about 30 miles from civilization) to get miles on engine, charging ac tomarrow.
                        2500 rpm is 72mph on gps, 5spd, 4:33, 29" tire
                        Bob

Green 58 Plymouth in back ground , completely stock except for 440 2x4 engine, sweeeeeeeeet.

Comment

Looking good Bob

Comment

Originally posted by cstmwgn
                            Looking good Bob
                            Yeah what he said! ;D
                            I R Bob

Comment

Very nice Bob.
                              It's not the destination, but the journey and the friends you make along the way that counts.

Comment

Well after working my ass off on the Challenger the past few weeks, the car isn't going to be ready for the tour, just too much to do in too little time and not enough supplies.

So the caprice comes out.

Ryan
                                Ryan's Cars in Barns Blog
                                www.carsinbarns.blogspot.com

Comment

Working...
                                X