Your Cars condition

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Your Cars condition

I thought I was cutting it close wrapping up a trans swap last weekend, but I feel better after checking out some of the other posts on this thread. All I have to do now is spend time breaking it in!

Comment

did you get a silly HHR Leon?

(I'm out for this year, Riviera is too sick to make it and I am in the begginings of a motor swap right now)
      Central TEXAS Sleeper
      USAF Physicist

ROA# 9790

Comment

Yep! It's Sharon's car so I can blame her. It is going to be customized so it won't be a cookie cutter car. Had to do it, Gas is too high to take the 54 this year. I'll pay for gas and motels in the HHR for less than gas alone would run me in the 54.

Comment

The only thing is... I never see them anywhere but Powertour. Brian is going to get a kick out of this...
          Central TEXAS Sleeper
          USAF Physicist

ROA# 9790

Comment

Originally posted by 88ponypowr
            cobra, is this your 5.0 H.O.? Check to see if they gave you a reverse rotation pump. Also, are you running underdrive pullies?
            My 0.02
            exactly our thought. tonight i plan to pull the water pump and thermostat out to check both, just to check. timing was a little advanced, so i backed that back down. stock pulleys. i checked the fan for correct direction. 4 core radiator......it's got to be the pump???????? :-\ ???
            Bruce, Sanford, Fl

welcome to my world

Comment

Originally posted by cobra
              cobra, is this your 5.0 H.O.? Check to see if they gave you a reverse rotation pump. Also, are you running underdrive pullies?
              My 0.02
              exactly our thought. tonight i plan to pull the water pump and thermostat out to check both, just to check. timing was a little advanced, so i backed that back down. stock pulleys. i checked the fan for correct direction. 4 core radiator......it's got to be the pump???????? :-\ ???
              you still have time to go out and buy a Chevy
              I Like the new HHR
              Good Luck tonight

Comment

Took her out for a spin on the weekend - new A/C, new water pump.
                Ran great until the alternator and the voltage regulator got into a marital spat!

Result - Car towed back to shop - better here at home than in a corn field in Kansas (do they harvest corn, or is it just rice?).

Besides, getting to know all the AAA/CAA phone operators on a first name basis!!

Comment

Originally posted by crankshaft
                  Originally posted by cobra
                  My 0.02
                  you still have time to go out and buy a Chevy
                  I Like the new HHR
                  Good Luck tonight
                  why would i want to do something stupid like that? :D

picked up the new water pump today. looking at the old one, the new one makes more sense. i think the auto parts store gave me one for an earlier, v-belt 302. new one will go on tommorow nite. i'm sure this should solve the problem. yippeee 8) and there is still time to get the a/c done.

60scarguy, stay with. you will succeed
                  Bruce, Sanford, Fl

welcome to my world

Comment

Good news! The car has come out of the paint booth, I got this shot just after they color sanded it so it looks a little messy. Still waiting on the wheels, they said it should ship by tomorrow (cutting that close since I'll still have to prep and paint them)

Comment

Leon, just paint the wheels red and go with it like that. Old school. ;D
                      I R Bob
                      You can't drink all day unless you start in the morning!
                      2007 LH, 2008 LH, 2009 LH, 2010 LH, 2011 LH, 2012 DNF/BLOW'D UP, 2013 LH, 2014 LH

Comment

The wheels are a rally style wheel, chrome rim and painted center with a 49 Chevy styled hub cap. I'm painting the center part black.
                        Similar to this:

Comment

Originally posted by Leon
                          The wheels are a rally style wheel, chrome rim and painted center with a 49 Chevy styled hub cap. I'm painting the center part black.
                          Similar to this:
                          Oh that will be slick! Can't wait to see it.
                          I R Bob
                          You can't drink all day unless you start in the morning!
                          2007 LH, 2008 LH, 2009 LH, 2010 LH, 2011 LH, 2012 DNF/BLOW'D UP, 2013 LH, 2014 LH

Comment

i put in the new waterpump. the previous one was a reverse flow. took the 83' out for another test run today. it's still running hot. will try the radiator next. it should be good, but maybe not.
                            Bruce, Sanford, Fl

welcome to my world

Comment

All I have left to do put the door panels back in, put on a set of air shocks, and finish the air cleaner. Finally getting around to putting the Spectre filter I won on last years tour.

We'll be in LR in 2 weeks

Comment

??? I would like to know who unleashed the Gremlins in my shop. Installed new radiator in 46 and now the heater core is leaking along with the thermostat housing. Slight oil leak. I replace lower controll arms and springs and had no down travel. sitting on bump stop. Took springs back out and cut off one coil. Sits much better now. Even though we are not long haulin we are leaving on the 4th. Will catch up in Minn or Wis.

Comment

Working...
                                X