Your Cars condition

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Your Cars condition

The wheels were supposed to ship Wed. I called Thursday and they hadn't been made yet, so this morning I talked to the owner and convinced them to have them done this afternoon because I was driving 240 miles to get them. They got the wheels done, I picked them up, and we're back home preping the centers for paint. If I get the paint done tonight, I can go tomorrow to get my tires. I firmed up the appointment to get the pinstriping done Wed. morning. Got the sub amp in today, I ordered the wrong one. :-[ Oh well, at least the car is going together. I should be able to get it done with a little time to spare!

Comment

Chuck installing overhauled heads this weekend and fixing an exhaust leak! Go Marlin!

Jill
      http://i263.photobucket.com/albums/i.../Marlin003.jpg

Comment

Originally posted by Devil
        I realized I have 32 day to assemble a car that has basically been sitting for 7 years. What kinda shape is your power tour ride in?

Ryan
        Well, my Torino looks like this:

I managed to get the hood stripped last saturday, trying for primer, but I did something to my back and had to lay off all this week. I finally feel up to getting back on the front clip, but had a major set back-my NOS fenders I got have creeping rust under the primer in placed where they had been scratched and need acid dipped, so I am going to leave my NOS fenders off and the originals on the car for now.
        I lost my job end of February, and still have not managed to find a decent career choice, and I am pretty much limited to the Lincoln, Nebraska event which really depresses me alot, but atleast I still am going to one event with my car.
        I will be driving my beast in primer...at least I'll fit in with the rat rods. :-\
        Andrew
        1972 Ford Gran Torino Sport and other FoCoMo problem children

2020...year of getting screwed by a Narcissist and learning hard lessons into trusting the wrong people on a business venture.
        2021...year of singing "99 problems but an asshole ain't one"

Moved cross country twice on a role of the dice...I left Nebraska and came back to Nebraska.

Comment

Originally posted by Eliteman76
          Originally posted by Devil
          I realized I have 32 day to assemble a car that has basically been sitting for 7 years. What kinda shape is your power tour ride in?

Ryan
          I managed to get the hood stripped last Saturday, trying for primer, but I did something to my back and had to lay off all this week. I finally feel up to getting back on the front clip, but had a major set back-my NOS fenders I got have creeping rust under the primer in placed where they had been scratched and need acid dipped, so I am going to leave my NOS fenders off and the originals on the car for now.
          I lost my job end of February, and still have not managed to find a decent career choice, and I am pretty much limited to the Lincoln, Nebraska event which really depresses me alot, but at least I still am going to one event with my car.
          I will be driving my beast in primer...at least I'll fit in with the rat rods. :-\
          all that matters is that your a junkie on the tour - look forward to seeing in Lincoln. If you have the time, maybe you can do some scouting on the evening's festivities (cruise night?)
          a.k.a. - arrowhead from joysey

"They're no good for you. all they ever think about are cars" (GTO/Warren Oates) - Two Lane Blacktop

Comment

My cars condition? Ready for the Power Tour...........in 2009. I was promised an engine in 3-4 weeks on April 7. The guy got my money via credit card the same day and I'm still waiting. DO NOT DO BUSINESS with Jon Barrett Hot Rod Engines in Oklahoma City. He has made sure that I will not be able to PT this year. Thanks for nothing Jon.

Comment

some one must have known that the 39 Chevy (hot rod 6)was not going to make it, because the pic disappeared some time ago. I would like to put up a new pic but it won't let me. I think the pic is 24KB. not sure on how to do all this computer stuff but the 73 Cadillac is next to go. just have to get some paint on it,fix the trans oil leaks, maybe replace it, and some tires,fix the a/c and just a few small things that will pop up the day we leave. if any one can help on the pic thing let me know.

Comment

[/quote]

all that matters is that your a junkie on the tour - look forward to seeing in Lincoln. If you have the time, maybe you can do some scouting on the evening's festivities (cruise night?)
                [/quote]

Well, honestly, I have not a clue what the events are going to be-I am hopeful if I can manage to have my back stop kicking my ass two ways from sunday, I am going to pull my cleveland, and swap clutches, among a few other "minor" things.
                I am hoping to maybe catch a few of the yahoos for 1320 for some not so family fun, but who knows.
                Not like I plan on anything serious...I'll be happy is the pure vision crew is out with the '72 Gran Torino Sport this year like I have been hearing rumors of.
                I thought the cruise was going to be sponsored by Edelbrock, but I don't know if that is still the case. As I said before, I would love to take a group to a junk yard about a hour south of lincoln, but knowing the yard owner, he'll be at the PT deal.
                It's one of those old time yards. Lots of stuff DF would have to get, um, 3-4 semis to truck stuff home with.
                HA!
                As a side note, not like anyone would need it, but I have my truck and car trailer at the ready in case of anything...just throwing it out there...{not like thare isn't going to be, um, a heck of alot of other help on the road, but, ya know}

Andrew
                1972 Ford Gran Torino Sport and other FoCoMo problem children

2020...year of getting screwed by a Narcissist and learning hard lessons into trusting the wrong people on a business venture.
                2021...year of singing "99 problems but an asshole ain't one"

Moved cross country twice on a role of the dice...I left Nebraska and came back to Nebraska.

Comment

Crap! I just lost the top gear in my '65 Impala. No way I'm bringing it on tour without Overdrive. Repair in time for tour or Plan-B? Stay tuned!
                  Non-denominational car nut.
                  Ten Time Long Hauler! 2001-2011
                  Do you go all the way?

Comment

We made a major decision as what to drive, we'll keep it a secret till someone spots us in Topeka! :o

Cheaps 8)

Comment

• Re: Your Cars condition

Changed oil today next weekend will be the big clean up ;D

Comment

Originally posted by 1cheapstreet
                        We made a major decision as what to drive, we'll keep it a secret till someone spots us in Topeka! :o

Cheaps 8)
                        my guess Cheaps, it's the Chevelle. ???
                        It's not the destination, but the journey and the friends you make along the way that counts.

Comment

Need some junkie luck

Drove home the Firebird 1 AM Saturday after spending 6 hours watching it get Spohn suspension upgrades including lowering springs at the local shop. No problems :-\

Took it out Saturday for a date with the Mrs. --- after 5 minutes of driving - BAM! (this from a frost heave, not a pot hole).The rest of the driving on the date came with repeat BAMs! which did not impress my date. :'( Turns out the the tubular torque arm's cross brace has an accommodation for long tube headers which ended up at 1.75 inches off the ground! This is too low for NJ frost heaves, let alone pot holes. To add insult to injury, the Kooks LT pipes I have don't require the accommodation.

Conclusion: this situation is too severe for even local driving let alone the long haul. Of course being Memorial Day weekend there is no one to talk to regarding a solution. Hopefully a replacement standard arm can be provided by Spohn and installed by the shop.

Otherwise the Goat makes her second tour. :
                          a.k.a. - arrowhead from joysey

"They're no good for you. all they ever think about are cars" (GTO/Warren Oates) - Two Lane Blacktop

Comment

Sitting pretty good, clean er up a bit, put the carseat back in for the little guy, and put the new gas tank in...oh yea pack.....

Comment

I still have to clean the truck and pack but that's all minor stuff. ;)
                              I R Bob
                              You can't drink all day unless you start in the morning!
                              2007 LH, 2008 LH, 2009 LH, 2010 LH, 2011 LH, 2012 DNF/BLOW'D UP, 2013 LH, 2014 LH

Comment

The gremlins have been in my garage too....but they are home grown. My 'under the truck' flare job on a slight brake leak started leaking again, so after a nice two hours of brake line removal, re-flare in good light and reinstallation, it's fixed, bled, and road worthy again. One more coat of wax to strengthen the bug-killing end of the ole truck, and Earl is ready. So are we. ;D
                                Ed, Mary, & 'Earl'
                                HRPT LongHaulers, 08, 09, 10, 11, 12, 13, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19.

Inside every old person is a young person wondering, "what the hell happened?"

The man at the top of the mountain didn't fall there. -Vince Lombardi

Comment

Working...
                                X