Bad News.....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bad News.....

Well gang, I am doing the inevitable; I am going ahead and throwing in the towel for this year's Power Tour. It was not an easy decision, but one that I must make. I knew from the get go that I wouldn't be able to be a Long Hauler this year, due to prior obligations, but now I've taken other things into consideration.

For example, I'm really not fond of the stops this year and the leg between STL and OK are going to be a killer. Just the drive from STL to Joplin is bad enough when you're trying to drive it by yourself and not in a caravan/convoy full of muscle cars. I do understand that it's not about the stops, nor is it really about the drive, it's about the people that you meet.

So, with that being said, I'm going to participate in this year's Year One Driving It Home 2012. Why?!? For one, many, if not all, of the proceeds go to children's charities, the route is much shorter which in return saves me a LOT of money, it's much closer to home which in return means less time off from work, it's not as popular and doesn't have Family Events running it, and each stop is on the Lake. IMO- you just can't beat that!! True, I've never participated in this tour, but there's a first for everything.

I'll miss ya'll and hope you have a blast. Don't worry though, I won't become a stranger, Promise!!!
    sigpic

"People Sleep Peacefully in their beds at Night Because Rough Men Stand Ready to do violence on their Behalf."
    - George Orwell

I hope you can see the tears dripping down my face..You, of anyone, will be missed..But a man has to do what a man has to do..I'd give you a hug and tell you it's OK...But it's not, you should be there..Or at lease we'd love to see you again. We wait a whole year just to see the great friends we have met..Looks like you may just have to come out here some day...Soon..Here's a hug anyway brother..
    I just love my Hot Rods.

Long Hauled 2009,2010,2011,2012 and 2013. Loved every minute of it.

Comment

Originally posted by street72 View Post
      I hope you can see the tears dripping down my face..You, of anyone, will be missed..But a man has to do what a man has to do..I'd give you a hug and tell you it's OK...But it's not, you should be there..Or at lease we'd love to see you again. We wait a whole year just to see the great friends we have met..Looks like you may just have to come out here some day...Soon..Here's a hug anyway brother..
      Bucky, with Rett.... You will be missed.....

Ed & Jane Tampa, FL
      1966 Plymouth Fury III
      2014 Dodge Ram 1500
      Long Hauler - 2009,2010,2012,2013,2014
      Cocoa Beach & Valdosta - 2011

Comment

Originally posted by 66Fury3 View Post
        Bucky, with Rett.... You will be missed.....
        Rett and Ed;

Your words mean so much to me, that I don't even know how to respond. I truly wish I could pull it off, but unfortunately this just isn't the year. I have a lot of things planned; and well, I can't do them all, so I have to set priorities. On top of that, there are quite a few spots that I want to get fixed on Jade before anyone really see's her.

Rett, don't worry brother, I will make it out there; you can take that to the bank!! Trust me, I'm going to miss each and every one of you, but this isn't permanent, as I'll be on other tours. There will be another year, that I can promise....
        sigpic

"People Sleep Peacefully in their beds at Night Because Rough Men Stand Ready to do violence on their Behalf."
        - George Orwell

Comment

Aw man, who am I going to sit in the sprinklers with now??
          I R Bob
          You can't drink all day unless you start in the morning!
          2007 LH, 2008 LH, 2009 LH, 2010 LH, 2011 LH, 2012 DNF/BLOW'D UP, 2013 LH, 2014 LH

Comment

And that sounds like a whole other story !!!!
            I just love my Hot Rods.

Long Hauled 2009,2010,2011,2012 and 2013. Loved every minute of it.

Comment

Originally posted by street72 View Post
              And that sounds like a whole other story !!!!
              That was one funny night!
              I R Bob
              You can't drink all day unless you start in the morning!
              2007 LH, 2008 LH, 2009 LH, 2010 LH, 2011 LH, 2012 DNF/BLOW'D UP, 2013 LH, 2014 LH

Comment

Bucky you will be missed and I hope you don't mind if we have a little fun without you instead of alot of fun with you. Take Care and best wishes keep in touch.(Oh hell here's a hug from me and Mendy too.)
                Greg & Mendy Dayton, Ohio 2007LH 2008LH 2010LH 2011LH 2012 1st 2 stops 2013LH 2015 1st 2 stops2016LH 2017 first and last stops . 2018 LH ("It's better to be dead and cool than alive and uncool!! Harley Davidson!")

Comment

I'm with ya man. This year falls on bad dates for me and in combination with baby 3 it's a no go.... I didnt consider the year one thing though...
                  Powertour off/on since 2002
                  sigpic

Comment

There comes a time when we all have had to make a decision like that, we've missed a couple of PT's ourselves. Trust me when I say the world doesn't come to an end but it won't be the same without you!

Linda

Comment

Bummer!
                      wait, is it April 1st again?
                      Married to Tara, that makes me the TARA-fied 1!

Comment

Bummer. We'll miss both of you, Bucky and James.......there are a few others that are going to whiff this year too, but I guess we'll just have to tough it out and wait for next year ......
                        Ed, Mary, & 'Earl'
                        HRPT LongHaulers, 08, 09, 10, 11, 12, 13, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19.

Inside every old person is a young person wondering, "what the hell happened?"

The man at the top of the mountain didn't fall there. -Vince Lombardi

Comment

Bucky, will miss you and Jade on the Tour...one less Camaro to run with this year....
                          Dannie
                          2010 Camaro SS
                          Long Haul 2010/2011
                          Power Tour 2012 (Stillwater/Arlington/Optima Face Off)

Comment

Sorry to hear bucky...was looking forward to seeing you man,....hope everything is ok, maybe the fall color tour you can join in on too when that gets decided.
                            Long Hauler 2009, 10, 11, 12, 15 3 of 7 in 2013 5 of 8 in 2014 1988 Pontiac Fiero GT

Comment

Sorry to hear that Bucky. I guess that is one of lifes ebbs and flows
                              FKA Redragtop
                              (formerly known as)

Comment

Working...
                              X