Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Where are the places to eat on this Power Tour?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• do you have the address for it? we are going off route to hit a junkyard in denten. this sounds like a good lunch stop.
    Which yard are you going to?? Plan on heading up that way afterwards saturday & wouldn't mind checking one out...

Comment

• I know where you can eat in Urbana. Black Dog Smoke & Ale House. We just ate there. Damn good BBQ.
      Jim & Maureen
      There is a fine line between hobby and obsession and I think I crossed it!!
      HRPT Long Haulers 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012 & 2013

Comment

• Ice cream (or custard) lovers should check out Jarlings Custard Cup in Champaign, IL. http://www.jarlingscustardcup.com/

I went to school in Champaign, and Jarlings is a staple. They usually have long lines though, but it's worth it.

Comment

• I'll second Black Dog in Urbana. Usually a wait. Be careful entering the parking lot, it's a scraper.

Comment

• Originally posted by red1989gt View Post
            Just outside of Muskegon there is a Dog-n-suds drive in. The address is 4221 Grand Haven Rd. just off of 31 and 96. I remember great hamburgers and carhops from the one that use to be by me thirty years ago. Just so happens the Hampton Inn is just down the road.
            oh cant wait my son loves there root beer and we tried to go to one in indy when we were ther for goodguys but it closed down

Comment

• A great place to eat in Wixom is Alex's Pizza. They have fantastic pizza and make sure you order a bucket of Voodoo Juice. Good stuff.
              Jim & Maureen
              There is a fine line between hobby and obsession and I think I crossed it!!
              HRPT Long Haulers 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012 & 2013

Comment

• If anyone is driving Route 66 through the Kansas corner, Triple D did a show on Cafe on the Route in Baxter Springs, KS.
                200WINS HRPT Long Haul 2008, 09, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14 Bettendorf, WI Dells, 15 Champaign, Madison, 16 OK City, Wichita, KC, 17 KC, Newton
                Forum Freaks Road Trip, 2020 Kool Deadwood Nites, 2021 Southernmost Road Trip, 2022 Great Southern Tour

Comment

• Originally posted by 69SS 350 5 Speed View Post
                  A great place to eat in Wixom is Alex's Pizza. They have fantastic pizza and make sure you order a bucket of Voodoo Juice. Good stuff.
                  What is this "Voodoo Juice" of which you speak?? Do we need to come sample it?
                  FKA Redragtop
                  (formerly known as)

Comment

• Confirmed for 9 people for Clantons.

David aka Fast86GN
                    sigpicDavid N.
                    86 GN
                    08 Sky Redline
                    98 GS

Comment

• When you guys are at Gateway, there is a place in Alton Illinois called Fast Eddies. It has cold beer and good food, here is the website if you are interested. [http://www.fasteddiesbonair.com/]
                      Last edited by Solsticefun; June 3, 2012, 10:37 AM.
                      It's not the destination, but the journey and the friends you make along the way that counts.

Comment

• Bandanas BBQ. Collinsville, IL
                        #4 Commerce Drive
                        Collinsville, IL 62234
                        Phone Number: 618-344-4476

Another good place to eat and it is not too far from Gateway.

One warning I will have for those of you that want to go into St. Louis Mo. for the evening, please park your cars in secure garages, do not leave your cars on the streets!!! I was down there about a month ago for a evening out with one of my friends and they broke into his Challenger. I would hate to see anything happen to your machines.
                        It's not the destination, but the journey and the friends you make along the way that counts.

Comment

• Here are some more places from Google Maps that are close to Gateway too.

Last edited by Solsticefun; June 3, 2012, 01:09 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by cobra View Post
                            emailed Clantons. told them to expect 50-60 of use. indentify yourselves as "Bangshifters".
                            they are open for breakfast and can handle 150 people at one time. breakfast menu is standard fare...eggs, pancakes, bacon etc. we need solid commitments from everyone.

CLANTON'S for breakfast
                            319 East Illinois Ave
                            Vinita, Ok
                            June 7, 2012 - 7:00am
                            (West on I-44 to Vinita, route 60/66/69.
                            Right towards town. On the left.)

green is for those that are confirmed

list of those attending
                            Bruce
                            Harry
                            Phil
                            Ed, Mary
                            Dave
                            Linda, Ken
                            Patrick, Tammy, Sean
                            Ron*
                            Rett*, Chuck
                            Jake, Katie
                            Dewayne, John, Sue
                            Dave,Dinna,Joey,Buck,Troy
                            Scott,Chad*
                            Jeff
                            George
                            David + 9
                            Mikey, FSK
                            justin, jewel *
                            bernie, dad
                            tu, +1
                            Ed,Jane,Tim,Jeremy
                            Bruce
                            tara +3
                            rick, dorinda
                            Susan, Barb
                            Tom +1

*needs reminding

Im sorry to say Im not going to make it to Clanton's or the Power Tour.....my pals John and Sue are out too since we had/have rooms in Joplin MO.......(Dewayne John and Sue)
                            That steely eyed look I had behind the wheel was me trying see..........

Comment

• we have rooms in joplin too and will be there.
                              Maybe I can clear this up.....I thought the cop was a prostitute.

Comment

• Im not there because my wife had to go in the hospital last week and just got out this past sunday on the first drive day of the tour...and friends chose to take a different side trip the morning of the Clantons breakfast......I just monday canceled out the rooms from Madison to Stillwater.....Im really hating to miss out on the tour and all activities........
                                Last edited by 383S-10; June 6, 2012, 11:06 PM.
                                That steely eyed look I had behind the wheel was me trying see..........

Comment

Working...
                                X