No announcement yet.

Vic 67ragtop is in the hospital!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Went to see Vic today. They had given him pain medication about an hour before I got there, so he would be ready for the Physical Therapy they started today. He did pretty good with the therapy, but it flat wore him out. I took my laptop so he could see some of the post. Both he and Terri could not belive the number of Get Well wishes that were posted. He asked me to thank each and everyone of you that have taken the time to send along your thoughts and prayers.

He still faces a long rehab period before he is able to go home, and the therapy will continue once he is at home. Please keep them both in your thoughts.

Thanks Ken
    PT 2006-2008-2009-2010-2011-2014-2015
    1970 EL CAMINO

Comment

You're a good man Ken - thanks for the update. Now teach Terry how to drive the wrecker - without adult supervision.
      Last edited by 70chevyC-10; May 2, 2012, 05:19 PM.
      Phil / Omaha

Comment

Thanks for the update, it sounds like he is making great progress. We are all pulling for him and Terri. Still praying daily for their strength and finances.
        -Mick
        HRPT Long Haul '09,'10', '12, '13,'14,'15
        "if you can still see your face in the finish, you have not sanded enough"

Comment

What good news about Vic. We love you Vic and Terri and we are right there with you in spirit and love..More Prayers your way..
          I just love my Hot Rods.

Long Hauled 2009,2010,2011,2012 and 2013. Loved every minute of it.

Comment

keep up the good work Vic. you will be on you feet in no time!!

Comment

Get well soon -
              Phil / Omaha

Comment

Thanks for the updates. The first thing I do when I turn on my computer is bring up this thread and check for updates. Your posts are very much appreceiated.

Praying everyday DTB
                DTB - RETIRED

Comment

Way to go Vic, keep getting better.

Comment

Really glad to hear Vic is making good progress on his recovery!
                    Jim & Cathy North Mankato, MN Long Haulers '04,07,08,09,10,11,12,13,14,18,21Short Haul '05,'15,'17,’19 WST '14,'15,'16,'17,’18

Comment

Keep Up The Good Work Vic!!!
                      Terri, Keep Your Chin Up!!!
                      Love Ya Both!!!
                      Patrick, Tammy, And Sean
                      Patrick & Tammy
                      - Long Haulin' 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2014...Addicting isn't it...??

Comment

I am really glad to hear things are improving. Our thoughts and prayers continue to be with you.
                        http://i1116.photobucket.com/albums/...pssichgwqu.jpg

Comment

Hi guys, Terri here. Can't log on with my account, so am using Vic's.

Vic is doing a little better each day. His physical therapist got him out of bed and into a wheelchair for the first time today. It was very painful for him. He will have about two weeks of inpatient rehab before coming home. When he does get home, he will be in a wheelchair for awhile. Because of his pelvic and hip fractures, he cannot support his own weight until they heal. He is also wearing a cervical collar on his neck because of neck fractures. The doctors do expect a complete recovery, but it will take quite some time. His list of injuries include: neck and spine fractures, hip and pelvic fractures, a dislocated collarbone, several ribs that were broken into multiple pieces, several extreme bruises. I'm just thankful that he's still alive.

He is aware of all the get-well wishes and prayers everyone is sending, and we both are so appreciative to all of you! At a time like this you really find out who your friends are!

He still has a long road ahead of him, but with time and patience, he will be back on his feet and on PT next year!

I've always heard the saying that God doesn't give you more than you can handle, so He must have a much higher opinion of my tolerance level than I do. I have spent the last eight years (the time that Vic and I have been together) dreading getting the kind of phone call I got almost two weeks ago. I really don't know how I have managed to get through the last two weeks. I've been at the hospital with him all day every day, and even though there is nothing I can do, it's the only place we can be together. I have been staying with a friend who lives about twenty minutes from the hospital (we live almost sixty miles away) so I can be nearer to him. I almost dread going home to do laundry, etc., because the house is way too quiet.

If any of you would like to talk to Vic, you can call my cell phone. The phone in his room is turned off, cause it always seems to ring right when he goes to sleep! Send a pm to Bruce (Cobra), Evan (64casteel) Ken(Blue Streak), or Matt (orange95Z) and they will give you my cell number. Call anytime, I'm usually at the hospital with him all day.

Vic and I are both amazed that so many people are sending thoughts and prayers his way! Thank you all so much!
                          Last edited by 67ragtop; May 4, 2012, 09:54 PM.

Comment

I just saw this thread. Havent been here in a while. So glad to hear he's getting better. What a crazy accident. Keep improving Vic.
                            Cognizant Dissident

Comment

Glad to hear he is slowly getting better. Tell him we are thinking about both of you.
                              PT 2006-2008-2009-2010-2011-2014-2015
                              1970 EL CAMINO

Comment

things sound like they are looking up
                                keep tough
                                2007 Power Tour Long Haul
                                2008 Power Tour Long Haul
                                2009 Canadian Points East Tour
                                2009 Power Tour Michigan Stop
                                2011 Power Tour Muskegeon & Detroit Stops
                                2012 Power Tour Long Haul
                                2012 Northeast Rod Run