No announcement yet.

Vic 67ragtop is in the hospital!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hey Vic I sent you a card yesterday, hope it puts a smile on....take care and I too am glad to hear of your improvements
    Long Haul Gang 2011,12,13,14,15,16,17,19
    The older I get The Faster I was!

Comment

• Vic, good to hear from you!!, Sounds like you are doing well. Keep up the good progress so you can head home soon......
      200WINS HRPT Long Haul 2008, 09, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14 Bettendorf, WI Dells, 15 Champaign, Madison, 16 OK City, Wichita, KC, 17 KC, Newton
      Forum Freaks Road Trip, 2020 Kool Deadwood Nites, 2021 Southernmost Road Trip, 2022 Great Southern Tour

Comment

• Hang in there Vic. Let me know if you are ready for new reading material and I will bring it next time I come down.
        PT 2006-2008-2009-2010-2011-2014-2015
        1970 EL CAMINO

Comment

• Great to see you back posting Vic, hoping you have a speedy recovery, you'll have to tell us during the fall colors tour how you got the job as a part time speed bump....(just F#%kin with ya) get well my friend
          Never kick a fresh Turd on a hot day.....Harry S Truman

Comment

• I just caught this post last night. And after thinking "I wonder if I met him?" I started playing with the clues that I had & finally confirmed it. June 9th, 2011, Plymouth, Indiana, on our way to Muskegon. Vic happened to pull into the same gas station that we were in.

I was drapped over the fender trying to isolate an intermitent miss that only seemed to rear it's ugly head at low speed. Vic heard it too & walked over to help & spotted the arc of the #2 plug wire boot to the heat shield. I threw a quick wrap of electrical tape on it to get us on down the road but by the time that I was done gassing up Vic had headed on down the road.

So we never formally met. But, unless there is another Vic from North Carolina, with a turqoise '67 Chevelle convertible that does the Power Tour, I'm guessing that it's the same one. Glad to hear that you are doing better Vic! And I wish you a speedy, full recovery. I almost forgot to mention that it was Vic that told me about this site.
            ...when you got a fast car, you think you've got everything.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZpvfmSL6WkM

Comment

• just talked to teri.
              vic is progressing really well. he is down in the physical therepy ward. they are beating the you know what out of him, but it's going to help in the long run. good news, he might be able to go home soon. he is eating well (evidently this is the one hospital in the world that has great food. teri was descibing it to me and i was getting hungry). evidenly he threatened the pysical therapy nurses, by saying he would put them out of a job by walking before he leaves the hospital. a little optamistic, but you have to love the spirit. go vic.
              Bruce, Sanford, Fl

welcome to my world

Comment

• Originally posted by cobra View Post
                just talked to teri.
                vic is progressing really well. he is down in the physical therepy ward. they are beating the you know what out of him, but it's going to help in the long run. good news, he might be able to go home soon. he is eating well (evidently this is the one hospital in the world that has great food. teri was descibing it to me and i was getting hungry). evidenly he threatened the pysical therapy nurses, by saying he would put them out of a job by walking before he leaves the hospital. a little optamistic, but you have to love the spirit. go vic.
                Wake Forest is one of the top rated hospitals in the country. Food is always good there.
                The youngest guy on the board
                76 vega
                86 fiero

Comment

• Vic=One tough dude!
                  Glad to hear of the progress, and we'll keep on praying Terri!
                  -Mick
                  HRPT Long Haul '09,'10', '12, '13,'14,'15
                  "if you can still see your face in the finish, you have not sanded enough"

Comment

• how is the old bird doing

Comment

• Well not knowing what's new and improved on the old Vic myster.. I'm guessing he's getting much better and running Terri all over the place.. So please let us know about how our good friend Vic is doing..Anyone..
                      I just love my Hot Rods.

Long Hauled 2009,2010,2011,2012 and 2013. Loved every minute of it.

Comment

• Car 54 where are you ? Hope therapy is going good -
                        Phil / Omaha

Comment

• just talked to vic & teri. vic sounds good. he still is in alot of pain, but he is improving every day. he should be going home tomarrow. he'll still be in a wheel chair for a few weeks till his pelvis heals some more, but at least he'll be home. teri is tired, but being home will help.

both of you hang in there.
                          Last edited by cobra; May 17, 2012, 08:34 AM.
                          Bruce, Sanford, Fl

welcome to my world

Comment

• Get well soon Vic!

I think we need to make him one of these in the meantime!

Powertour off/on since 2002
                            sigpic

Comment

• Don't get your hair to close to the flames Vic..Still sending you both get well prayers..
                              I just love my Hot Rods.

Long Hauled 2009,2010,2011,2012 and 2013. Loved every minute of it.

Comment

• Glad to hear you are doing better and home always feels better than a hospital no matter how bad you feel.Take care.
                                Last edited by pintoboy77; May 17, 2012, 05:27 PM.
                                Greg & Mendy Dayton, Ohio 2007LH 2008LH 2010LH 2011LH 2012 1st 2 stops 2013LH 2015 1st 2 stops2016LH 2017 first and last stops . 2018 LH ("It's better to be dead and cool than alive and uncool!! Harley Davidson!")

Comment

Working...
                                X