Vic 67ragtop is in the hospital!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vic 67ragtop is in the hospital!

Just got off the phone with Terri, and he's in pretty bad shape. He was on a service call today and apparently a motor home rolled over him breaking or fracturing alot of bones. Thoughts and prayers are needed please. Terri is going to let me know when he can start receiving calls. He's in the ICU at Wake Forest Baptist Medical Center in Winston Salem, NC.
    Last edited by Pumpkin; April 24, 2012, 11:33 AM.
    "Somewhere the zebra is dancing". Garth Stein's The art of racing in the rain.

Matt

Oh my gosh! Prayers being sent!

Linda

Comment

Didn't expect to see this news but prayers are being sent your way vic
      Sean
      LH 2008,09,10,11,12,14
      Drivin' it home!
      http://www.bangshift.com/forum/showt...h-Expectations.
      Some people are like slinkies - not really good for much.
      But they bring a smile to your face when pushed down the stairs.

Comment

best wishes for a full recovery.

Comment

Originally posted by IOWA552SLOW View Post
          best wishes for a full recovery.
          Prayers being sent your way friend !!
          Phil / Omaha

Comment

The family in our thoughts and prayers.

Comment

Sending prayers your way
              Patrick & Tammy
              - Long Haulin' 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2014...Addicting isn't it...??

Comment

That is terrible news. Hope he makes a full and speedy recovery. Thoughts and prayers are with you.
                Last edited by moparjim71; April 24, 2012, 02:28 PM.
                Jim & Cathy North Mankato, MN Long Haulers '04,07,08,09,10,11,12,13,14,18,21Short Haul '05,'15,'17,’19 WST '14,'15,'16,'17,’18

Comment

Mom said that she and dad went over to the hospital to be with Terri and she said that Terri was telling them the details. Mom said that vic was on a call putting on a motor home onto the wrecker and vic got up underneath the motorhome and for some reason the motorhome rolled off the wrecker and ran over him. She said that he has a broken pelvis, broken hip, ribs, back is out of shape or something like that, and she said that they had to put a tube down his lungs cause there was too much air between the lungs and the wall of the body (something along those lines). Mom said terri may be staying with us a for a couple days so she can see victor better.
                  Prayers are going out to her and victor.
                  The youngest guy on the board
                  76 vega
                  86 fiero

Comment

Thanks for the update Evan.

Linda

Comment

Best wishes Terri and Vic, Hope everything is as well as can be. Prayers for Vic and Terri........Keep us posted......
                      200WINS HRPT Long Haul 2008, 09, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14 Bettendorf, WI Dells, 15 Champaign, Madison, 16 OK City, Wichita, KC, 17 KC, Newton
                      Forum Freaks Road Trip, 2020 Kool Deadwood Nites, 2021 Southernmost Road Trip, 2022 Great Southern Tour

Comment

Evan, Let us know when Vic can have visitors. Tell Terri that she and Vic are in our thoughts and prayers.
                        PT 2006-2008-2009-2010-2011-2014-2015
                        1970 EL CAMINO

Comment

i just talked to terri. she's on her way home now, driving, so i didn't want her talking on the phone. she said she would call be back in about 1/2 hour. i'll keep everyone posted if there is any new news.
                          Bruce, Sanford, Fl

welcome to my world

Comment

sad and tragic news indeed......may God watch over him, and may the best in medical care bring him to health....

Comment

just got off the phone with teri. she can't get on bankshift latley, so i read her everyones messages, and she REALLY appreciates everyones concerns and thoughts.

vic will have surgery tomarrow and she will let me know whats going on so i can post it.

evidently, vic has a BUNCH of broken bones but the best news is that he is awake, has feeling in legs/arms/etc. and the doctors haven't detected any major internal injuries except bruise lungs. it will be a long recovery, but with our continued prayers and good thoughts, he should be OK.

story is that he had a call on a large motorhome. he needed to tow it back to the shop. he lifted it up with his tow truck and climbed underneath to disconnect the drive shaft. just as he had the driveshaft disconnected, either the tow trunk couldn't hold the load, or the parking brake on the tow truck let loss, and the motor home rolled back over him. luckily, the motor home backed into something and stopped before the tow truck also ran over him.

when teri went to the hospital last night, she said vic's first words to her were "i guess there goes powertour this year" we are all pulling for ya buddy.
                              Bruce, Sanford, Fl

welcome to my world

Comment

Working...
                              X