Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just saying "Hi"

Hi All,

I been lurking for awhile, reading a lot on the Power Tour. I am all set to go on my 1st one, hotels booked, registered and putting final touch's on my car. I've read and I've been told that if I do it once I'll be hooked, I know it looks and sounds like a lot of fun and good time. I am so looking forward to this.

Hi there Larry - yup - guarandamnteed, if you go you'll get hooked. I went three legs in 2008 - Long Hauled ever since and look forward to it all year round. Let us know what you're driving and we'll say hi in person. Don't forget to go to the MSD and Sta-Bil booths each day to get your daily magnets if you're long hauling, they make up a "set" as a memento for your garage or fridge in my case.
    Phil / Omaha

Comment

Larry G - welcome aboard - you need to give us some more information about your powertour ride

Comment

Larry G Welcome! Hope you enjoy the tour and all the fun that is out there. Hope to see you and welcome you to the tour.

Maureen
        Jim & Maureen
        There is a fine line between hobby and obsession and I think I crossed it!!
        HRPT Long Haulers 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012 & 2013

Comment

Hey Larry, welcome to the madness! So about this ride of yours..........
          I R Bob
          You can't drink all day unless you start in the morning!
          2007 LH, 2008 LH, 2009 LH, 2010 LH, 2011 LH, 2012 DNF/BLOW'D UP, 2013 LH, 2014 LH

Comment

Larry,
            Welcome to your new family vacation... a little ride with 3000 of your closest friends.
            -Mick
            HRPT Long Haul '09,'10', '12, '13,'14,'15
            "if you can still see your face in the finish, you have not sanded enough"

Comment

Hi Larry, Welcome to the forum freaks! Great bunch of people (well most of them are), don't be afraid to ask questions. We need pics of your ride so we can give you a proper "hello".

Linda

Comment

hi larry. just a suggestion, i'm not trying to make bangshift money, but you should buy a few bangshift shirts (see other thread) and at least wear it the first day. it will identify you. if you see anyone else wearing a bankshift shirt (and you will), just go right up to them and say hi. you'll find that you just made a new friend. feel free to join in any activity we are talking about.
                Bruce, Sanford, Fl

welcome to my world

Comment

Yeah Larry, welcome aboard! Looking forward to meeting you in Detroit.
                  Ed, Mary, & 'Earl'
                  HRPT LongHaulers, 08, 09, 10, 11, 12, 13, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19.

Inside every old person is a young person wondering, "what the hell happened?"

The man at the top of the mountain didn't fall there. -Vince Lombardi

Comment

Thanks All, for the warm Welcome.
                    Yeah, I think I will like this thing they called Power Tour. Last year I did show up at Metro Beach, in the rain, and thought I should try this and I'm going to. Should and will be fun.
                    Ok, Ok the car; 1970 Mustang Mach1, 351c, Auto, Sunset Gold Metallic, purchased in mid 2006 as a pre-retirerment project, retired Jan.2007 and it's keeped be busy ever since and that's a good thing.
                    I posted a few pictures in my garage. I'm still figuring out how things work here.

Comment

Very nice car Larry!
                      I R Bob
                      You can't drink all day unless you start in the morning!
                      2007 LH, 2008 LH, 2009 LH, 2010 LH, 2011 LH, 2012 DNF/BLOW'D UP, 2013 LH, 2014 LH

Comment

Welcome to bangshift, I'm a fng also, this will be my first tour. I did meet some of the guys and gals on the Spring Blossom tour, realy great bunch of people here. I think we will both have a blast. Nice car.
                        Ron Reidell
                        56 F100
                        2000 Corvette Convertible

LONG HAUL GANG 2012, 2014

Comment

Welcome aboard Larry you are about to have the time of your life and meet some awesome people that you will come to love like family and will look forward too talking to all year long on the forums they are kind,careing and smart so if you have car questions I'm sure you will find someone on here who can help or someone you can help. Hope to see you and your ride in Detroit.
                          Greg & Mendy Dayton, Ohio 2007LH 2008LH 2010LH 2011LH 2012 1st 2 stops 2013LH 2015 1st 2 stops2016LH 2017 first and last stops . 2018 LH ("It's better to be dead and cool than alive and uncool!! Harley Davidson!")

Comment

Welcome Larry, As everyone has said, you will have a great time. And if you don't, it's your fault. Just find US Bangshifters and you'll have friends for a long time..See you on the Tour..
                            I just love my Hot Rods.

Long Hauled 2009,2010,2011,2012 and 2013. Loved every minute of it.

Comment

Welcome Larry,
                              Are you in the Detroit area? It's good to have folks join us. Are you aware of the "newbie buys the beer" rule?
                              Non-denominational car nut.
                              Ten Time Long Hauler! 2001-2011
                              Do you go all the way?

Comment

Working...
                              X