Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Things that annoy you on Tour (and car shows in general)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Getting to the next stop and the best parking spots are takin up by 3 rows of old couples driving PT Cruisers and the hot rods are parked in a dirt field around the corner! (Louisville Kentucky)!

Comment

Nothing bothers me when I'm on the Power Tour. We drive toooo far to have our day ruined by some dumb a$$. So we don't let it bother us..I could use the long walk after sitting on my a$$ all day driving and drinking the night before..
      I just love my Hot Rods.

Long Hauled 2009,2010,2011,2012 and 2013. Loved every minute of it.

Comment

Originally posted by street72 View Post
        Nothing bothers me when I'm on the Power Tour. We drive toooo far to have our day ruined by some dumb a$$. So we don't let it bother us..I could use the long walk after sitting on my a$$ all day driving and drinking the night before..
        Well played Rett
        FKA Redragtop
        (formerly known as)

Comment

Originally posted by street72 View Post
          This is my time to see my friends and have a good time.... No ass hole is going to rune my day...

Ed & Jane Tampa, FL
          1966 Plymouth Fury III
          2014 Dodge Ram 1500
          Long Hauler - 2009,2010,2012,2013,2014
          Cocoa Beach & Valdosta - 2011

Comment

Dry countys -
            Phil / Omaha

Comment

Originally posted by cstmwgn View Post
              Chevy guys that know a guy who knew a guy that had a car EXACTLY like mine
              and the guy that guy knew was you,but he thought it was a Nomad
              Maybe I can clear this up.....I thought the cop was a prostitute.

Comment

Originally posted by 173rdherd View Post
                ... but he thought it was a Nomad
                Mike - you would be shocked how many people have asked me what year my Nomad was!

Comment

Originally posted by cstmwgn View Post
                  Mike - you would be shocked how many people have asked me what year my Nomad was!
                  Alan, What year is your Nomad?!?!? LMAO!!!!
                  sigpic

"People Sleep Peacefully in their beds at Night Because Rough Men Stand Ready to do violence on their Behalf."
                  - George Orwell

Comment

Ok, where do I begin with this list.....

1) Preferred parking for the Long Haulers!! I can't tell you how frustrating it is when you drive 6-8 hours just to get to the venue and you can't even see the venue much less know where the stage is because you're parked miles away!!

2) The Route!! I'd like to enjoy a route where we're not running balls all out just to get to the venue on time. I remember Long Haulers being turned away in Indy last year because they shut the gates to the race track at 5:00. That is horse shit!! Just wait for this year, the leg between STL and Miami OK.

3) Keep the venue open later. If the routes are never going to get shorter, then at least extend the hours of the venue. Yes, we've all heard that they can't keep it open later because our sponsors have to start the tear down process, but what good are they, if we can't get there in time to buy anything?!!? Really, something has to give...

4) When we have drag racing, keep the damn track open. Do ya'll remember both drag strips last year?!?! They shut the track down by 6:00. Who wants to run their car down a track when ambient air temperature is over 100 degrees?!?! Closing the track down that early is horse shit!!

5) Autocross time. Why in the hell is the autocross so damn early?!?! I've missed it 2 years in a row because I was a long hauler and you had to be there by "X" time. Because the route was so freaking long, I didn't make it. Why? Because I was enjoying the "Power Tour" with some of my newest, bestest friends!!

6) Have I mentioned preferred parking for Long Haulers yet?!!?

7) Downtown venues- They suck!!! Does anyone remember Mobile?!?! Need I say more.....

8) Official lunch stops- As much as Family Events rakes in for this, because we all know it's about Money, why not throw in a lunch. It's been done in the past with some coordination, so I'm not sure why FE can't take it upon themselves to make this happen. After all, they're the ones getting rich off this deal.

I'm pretty sure that's my rant about the Power Tour. I don't really partake in car shows, but I do enjoy cruise ins.... Last time I'll mention it, Long Hauler Parking!!!
                    sigpic

"People Sleep Peacefully in their beds at Night Because Rough Men Stand Ready to do violence on their Behalf."
                    - George Orwell

Comment

im not at work...so its all good i will sit back and watch all of you get mad about being off work

Comment

Originally posted by Bucky67 View Post
                        Ok, where do I begin with this list.....

1) Preferred parking for the Long Haulers!! I can't tell you how frustrating it is when you drive 6-8 hours just to get to the venue and you can't even see the venue much less know where the stage is because you're parked miles away!!

2) The Route!! I'd like to enjoy a route where we're not running balls all out just to get to the venue on time. I remember Long Haulers being turned away in Indy last year because they shut the gates to the race track at 5:00. That is horse shit!! Just wait for this year, the leg between STL and Miami OK.

3) Keep the venue open later. If the routes are never going to get shorter, then at least extend the hours of the venue. Yes, we've all heard that they can't keep it open later because our sponsors have to start the tear down process, but what good are they, if we can't get there in time to buy anything?!!? Really, something has to give...

4) When we have drag racing, keep the damn track open. Do ya'll remember both drag strips last year?!?! They shut the track down by 6:00. Who wants to run their car down a track when ambient air temperature is over 100 degrees?!?! Closing the track down that early is horse shit!!

5) Autocross time. Why in the hell is the autocross so damn early?!?! I've missed it 2 years in a row because I was a long hauler and you had to be there by "X" time. Because the route was so freaking long, I didn't make it. Why? Because I was enjoying the "Power Tour" with some of my newest, bestest friends!!

6) Have I mentioned preferred parking for Long Haulers yet?!!?

7) Downtown venues- They suck!!! Does anyone remember Mobile?!?! Need I say more.....

8) Official lunch stops- As much as Family Events rakes in for this, because we all know it's about Money, why not throw in a lunch. It's been done in the past with some coordination, so I'm not sure why FE can't take it upon themselves to make this happen. After all, they're the ones getting rich off this deal.

I'm pretty sure that's my rant about the Power Tour. I don't really partake in car shows, but I do enjoy cruise ins.... Last time I'll mention it, Long Hauler Parking!!!
                        x2 brother man!

My favorite suggestion about Powertour will never happen and it's this;

Instead of 7 cities 7 days, how about 4 cities 8 days? That would give you an extra day per city to have an event ie:drag race/track day, fundraiser, or see the sites... The city would get a bigger boost in tourism as well.
                        Powertour off/on since 2002
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by bishir View Post
                          x2 brother man!

My favorite suggestion about Powertour will never happen and it's this;

Instead of 7 cities 7 days, how about 4 cities 8 days? That would give you an extra day per city to have an event ie:drag race/track day, fundraiser, or see the sites... The city would get a bigger boost in tourism as well.
                          X2 Brother Man!!! I Love that Idea!!! I'm game.....
                          sigpic

- George Orwell

Comment

Originally posted by 70chevyC-10 View Post
                            Dry countys -
                            Isn't that only a problem when the coolers empty upon entering a dry county?
                            Dannie
                            2010 Camaro SS
                            Long Haul 2010/2011
                            Power Tour 2012 (Stillwater/Arlington/Optima Face Off)

Comment

Originally posted by SoCalCamaro View Post
                              Isn't that only a problem when the coolers empty upon entering a dry county?
                              That's a big 10-4 - I need a "Low Cooler" light or check cooler light maybe.
                              Phil / Omaha

Comment

Originally posted by Impala_Guy View Post

"Grendel" is good at keeping childrens fingerprints off of the Impala.
                                HOLY COW (pun intended) you need to put that thing on a diet
                                Bruce, Sanford, Fl

welcome to my world

Comment

Working...
                                X