Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Tragic reminder, let's all drive safely...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tragic reminder, let's all drive safely...

Thought I'd post a couple of pics of a tragic accident that happened here the other night that claimed the lives of a young couple. This should be a reminder for everyone to keep it safe! Supposedly, it was a street race with a Neon, the driver of the Mustang just got the car 2 days prior. One picture shows the driver's seatbelt still buckled. What a shame....

Pictures removed at request of original poster on a different site. Apparently the pics were taken while the car was still in police possession and the police didn't appreciate he got back there and snuck some pics to posted on the net.... For those of you who didn't see the pics, let's just say it was pretty ugly! It was a 2002 (I think) Mach 1 Mustang ripped completely in half.

Re: Tragic reminder, let's all drive safely...

That is why I now only play at the track. It just is not worth the consequences to street race.
    1964 Chevelle
    Power Tour 2004-2008, 2013, 2015-2016, 2018
    LH 2005-2008, 2015-2016, 2018

Comment

How sad. We had one with the same results in metro Denver a couple of days ago, the driver was graduating in a week. It's important for us to continually remind everyone of the dangers of street racing. Prayers to the families.

Cheaps 8)

Comment

They need to take that car and park it on the front lawn of every high school in the area....and make every student take a look. Maybe....just maybe one or two won't think they're invincible anymore they'll ignore the next stop light challenge.

Comment

There was a college kid killed here just a few weeks ago... they speculate that the was racing another car and he went into a curve, lost control, went through a fence, utility pole and hit a parked bus at the bus factory here in town.... the investigation estimated his speed at 100+... the other car didn't stop and to my knowledge they haven't found the other car... racing has no place on the streets...

Comment

i remember in racine last year on tour seeing an old plymouth get rear ended not like it was the guys fault some stupid idiot not paying attention not even in the tour

Comment

The old Fury got rear ended by a old lady in a van. They did not know why she hit him without even hitting the brakes. She may have passed out or something else. I have been in contact with the driver of the Fury and he is going to be at this years tour. He said that it turned into a real project trying to get it fixed, but it will be ready to go. He is a great guy and a die hard when it comes to the tour and having fun. I met him on the 05 tour and have looked him up every year since then.
              1964 Chevelle
              Power Tour 2004-2008, 2013, 2015-2016, 2018
              LH 2005-2008, 2015-2016, 2018

Comment

Very tragic accident. They should have a trip to the local dragstrip as part of drivers training to show the kids where and how to race safely. Parents would need to get involved for this also.
                Jim & Cathy North Mankato, MN Long Haulers '04,07,08,09,10,11,12,13,14,18,21Short Haul '05,'15,'17,’19 WST '14,'15,'16,'17,’18

Comment

This is why I hate hearing about another drag strip closing. Remember the 50's, Wally Parks, NHRA? History repeats itself.-MIKE

Comment

Comment

Working...
                    X