Cars Without A/C

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cars Without A/C

I have no A/C yet and have vinyl seats, what do you all do to keep the sweat down off your back when it is super hot out?

Is there any certain types of seat covers or vented type seat inserts. I remember this beaded thing that helped vent the back and was supposed to massage you at the same time. Does that work?

Chuck and Angie
    "I live with fear and danger every day, & sometimes she lets me go racing"

Long Hauler 2012, 2013, 2014, 2016

To protect the upholstery you might try a wetsuite

Comment

Lots of cabbies use those beaded things Chuck.......they must help or they wouldn't spend the bucks for 'em.
      Ed, Mary, & 'Earl'
      HRPT LongHaulers, 08, 09, 10, 11, 12, 13, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19.

Inside every old person is a young person wondering, "what the hell happened?"

The man at the top of the mountain didn't fall there. -Vince Lombardi

Comment

Towelie says "don't forget to bring a towel!"

My fabulous web page

"If it don't go, chrome it!" --Stroker McGurk

Comment

beads or towels
          I have cloth seats & no air
          Little Rock was hot & I guess Texas might be
          Last edited by 55lincoln; May 28, 2012, 11:59 AM.
          2007 Power Tour Long Haul
          2008 Power Tour Long Haul
          2009 Canadian Points East Tour
          2009 Power Tour Michigan Stop
          2011 Power Tour Muskegeon & Detroit Stops
          2012 Power Tour Long Haul
          2012 Northeast Rod Run
          2013 Northeast Rod Run

Comment

Bring towels for your seats,we have done 5 long hauls with no A/C and vinyl seats and top down the whole way. Gets pretty hot. This year maybe A/C, if everything else gets fixed before Friday then maybe the A/C will otherwise we bring the towels! Isn't to bad when we are moving but gets hot stuck in traffic with the sun beating down.
            Donna
            Williamston, MI
            Long Haul 2007,2008,2009,2010,2011 2012,2013,2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019, 2021

Comment

Originally posted by redragtop View Post
              Bring towels for your seats,we have done 5 long hauls with no A/C and vinyl seats and top down the whole way. Gets pretty hot. This year maybe A/C, if everything else gets fixed before Friday then maybe the A/C will otherwise we bring the towels! Isn't to bad when we are moving but gets hot stuck in traffic with the sun beating down.
              Done lots of Power Tour since 1997 with no A/C. Towels help, but at least Mike and Donna have white seats, ours, unfortunately are black, and sometimes it's cooler with the top up, cause you're in the shade. There have been times when it was cool enough during Power Tour that we didn't even open the windows, much less drop the top! It's still as much fun as you can have in a car with your clothes on!!
              Hot Rod Power Tour...As much fun as you can have in a car with your clothes on!!
              Gregg and Deb Miller
              Verona, Wi.

Comment

If you have the chance (which there's probably none at this point), add or fix your AC. For a little encouragement check out the weather forecast and don't forget the humidity.
                [size=+1]Chuck
                2011 HRPT Long Hauler
                2012 HRPT Long Hauler
                2013 HRPT Long Hauler "to be"

Comment

Last year I took my 78 Trans Am with t-tops and the a/c did not work. I filled one of my coolers with ice and put towels in them. When it got hot I took out a towel and wrapped it around my neck and down my back. It was all I needed. I for one would drape a shirt or two over the seat back and you should be good if you have buckets.
                  Visit my sons blog:
                  www.driftundertheradar.com

Comment

towels, baby, towels.....I'm driving a car w/vinyl seats, no a/c.......the best one is....does your car leak?.....a couple of years ago, on the run in from Kalamazoo to Racine (I think), it rained so hard, and for so long, I though we would need an ark to get to the venue.....anyway, for my restored car...my trunk was a bathtub, foot wells were puddles, defroster fan worked (it ran, but did nothing), so I was wiping the inside of the windshield with......a towel!....and, another towel! on my head......maybe I looked like a terrorist?........

Comment

Also with the towels I have a few spare shirts.......for the day I have driving shirt and a venue shirt......just because it can get hot and if you get caught in traffic it gets kinda hot and sweaty...............
                      That steely eyed look I had behind the wheel was me trying see..........

Comment

Sheep skin works great on vinyl seats. If you will notice, most cross country motor cycle riders will be sitting on sheep skin. Ours is fake but it works. My wife bought it at a fabric store.

HRPT 2000, 2003, 2005, 2007, 2009, 2011, Long Haul 2008, 2010, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017,2018

68 Camaro S/S convertible, 69 Camaro Coupe

Comment

we usually run without a/c on pt. we always servive.
                          Bruce, Sanford, Fl

welcome to my world

Comment

Wing windows and kick panel vents does just fine.
                            As long as your moving.

Comment

I was drinking 7 to 8 bottles of water per day and
                              So. Central PA
                              Long Hauler 2010 & 2011 (2 stops 2014) 2015

NERR 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014

Comment

Working...
                              X