Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wideglid80
    replied
    7 Power tours, 5 Long Hauls, never any A/C. Lots of 100 degree plus days, and the sweat has never been that big an issue! It's all part of the game! I've always been too busy enjoying the drive to care about a little discomfort!

Leave a comment:

• Rocketman
    replied
    It is in the 40's here this morning...I don't think anyone is going to need AC for the start of the tour

Leave a comment:

• PLRXPLRX
    replied
    Beach towel.

Leave a comment:

• pbeck
    replied
    See you in Madison.

Leave a comment:

• 67Cutlass
    replied
    pbeck,

I'll be looking for your V8 Corvair, sounds interesting.

Leave a comment:

• pbeck
    replied
    No a/c

Yeah, I know it's going to be really warm. My car is mid-engine
    With black vinyl. It's hot on a cool day. Figure towels and plenty
    of water. It is a little cooler with the windows up and the floor
    vents and wings open but where's the fun in that.
    PBeck
    65 Corvair Monza V8

Leave a comment:

• 66Fury3
    replied
    My first tour in 2009 my 66 Fury had no A/C and no defroster's, it was not too hot but the rain from Racine, WI to South Bend, IN "Not sure, it was 4 years ago.... LOL" was so hard and I had to keep the windows open, had 3" of water on the floor..... We stopped at a small road side gas station with 30 other cars.... I used all of my 6 towels that after noon..... What a Great Time I had.... LOL

Leave a comment:

• novadriver
    replied
    In 09' i got two fans that pulg in the lighter it helped blow the hot air around when in a traffic jam. Floor vents help alot while cruising.

Leave a comment:

• pintoboy77
    replied
    We've driven 4 power tours with no A/C and we are going again with no A/C I did't know it was a requirement to have fun.HaHa

Leave a comment:

• Vsolo
    replied
    I was drinking 7 to 8 bottles of water per day and

Leave a comment:

• 2 Challengers
    replied
    Wing windows and kick panel vents does just fine.
    As long as your moving.

Leave a comment:

• cobra
    replied
    we usually run without a/c on pt. we always servive.

Leave a comment:

• smalblock
    replied
    Sheep skin works great on vinyl seats. If you will notice, most cross country motor cycle riders will be sitting on sheep skin. Ours is fake but it works. My wife bought it at a fabric store.

Leave a comment:

• 383S-10
    replied
    Also with the towels I have a few spare shirts.......for the day I have driving shirt and a venue shirt......just because it can get hot and if you get caught in traffic it gets kinda hot and sweaty...............

Leave a comment:

• rexdogg
    replied
    towels, baby, towels.....I'm driving a car w/vinyl seats, no a/c.......the best one is....does your car leak?.....a couple of years ago, on the run in from Kalamazoo to Racine (I think), it rained so hard, and for so long, I though we would need an ark to get to the venue.....anyway, for my restored car...my trunk was a bathtub, foot wells were puddles, defroster fan worked (it ran, but did nothing), so I was wiping the inside of the windshield with......a towel!....and, another towel! on my head......maybe I looked like a terrorist?........

Leave a comment:

Working...
X