Motown to Mootown - HRPT 2012

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Motown to Mootown - HRPT 2012

dang, i wished i had thought of making a sticker for that...
    "MoTown to MooTown - HRPT 2012"
    detroit is known as motown, as barry gordy named motown records for a shorted version of motor town
    and we all know that texas is know for quality beef since the wild west days...

dang, dang, dang
    HRPT Long Hauler 2011, 2012, 2014

Google a sign shop or write on rear window.........its a great idea.....every Power Tour should have a theme and a shirt with the theme...........
    That steely eyed look I had behind the wheel was me trying see..........

Comment

Ssssooooo correct, and funny too!
      Ed, Mary, & 'Earl'
      HRPT LongHaulers, 08, 09, 10, 11, 12, 13, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19.

Inside every old person is a young person wondering, "what the hell happened?"

The man at the top of the mountain didn't fall there. -Vince Lombardi

Comment

Comment

Anyone remember the Detour Power Tour?
          Last edited by Solsticefun; June 3, 2012, 10:55 AM.
          It's not the destination, but the journey and the friends you make along the way that counts.

Comment

lol!!!!
            COBEY..... franklin, kansas

Comment

Or the 2008 Pour Tour my wife named it.....

Kurt - I sure enjoyed looking at your truck and visiting with you in Stillwater (I think) and hope you made it home safely.
              Cheers !
              Phil / Omaha

Comment

Yea Phil that was the one. It seemed like it would never stop raining, I thought I would have to put floaties on the Solstice.
                It's not the destination, but the journey and the friends you make along the way that counts.

Comment

I think the rainy one was the "Shower Tour". I have dibs on the un-official name for 2013, Dallas to Charlotte; "Sweet Tea Tour".
                  Non-denominational car nut.
                  Ten Time Long Hauler! 2001-2011
                  Do you go all the way?

Comment

Originally posted by Solsticefun View Post
                    Yea Phil that was the one. It seemed like it would never stop raining, I thought I would have to put floaties on the Solstice.
                    And I do believe I met you in the rain in Somerset Jim - glad to see you survived brother.
                    Phil / Omaha

Comment

Originally posted by 70chevyC-10 View Post
                      And I do believe I met you in the rain in Somerset Jim - glad to see you survived brother.
                      Yea Phil we did meet there, you park right next to me. Glad to see you are still trucking, wish I would have ran into you at Gateway.

Comment

i received more comments on the ''motown to mootown - hrpt2012'' bumper sticker than on truk
                        i kept the sticker on for the whole trip, even the arlington crowd liked it...
                        lots of people took a picture of the back end of truk

3727 miles total for the trip, i did break down on the way back
                        lost fuel pressure coming thru kentucky, had to buy a jack and stand to get truk up and drop the tank.
                        the fuel line inside the tank ruptured, i pulled the pump, cut the line and reattached it

this is the $19 jack i bought sitting on top of my 5 ton, 30'' lift shop jack
                        it was scary jacking up truk with that thing
                        my $19 jack stands are minuscule sitting next to my shop stands too

i met quite a few forum freaks on this tour
                        i joined bangshift right before the 2011 tour and didn't know many freaks and most bs'ers didn't know me
                        lots of you came up, introduced yourselves and made me feel welcome. thanks.

i guess you guys will let me in on the secret hand shake and the gang sign for next year

Comment

Working...
                        X