No announcement yet.

"Official" Unofficial HRPT 2013 Countdown

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ONLY 326 days to go and I'm not sure what a Opti-Fpark is, but I hope it can be easily fixed Matt..
    I just love my Hot Rods.

Long Hauled 2009,2010,2011,2012 and 2013. Loved every minute of it.

Comment

Sean
      LH 2008,09,10,11,12,14
      Drivin' it home!
      http://www.bangshift.com/forum/showt...h-Expectations.
      Some people are like slinkies - not really good for much.
      But they bring a smile to your face when pushed down the stairs.

Comment

• 326... Poncho power. Matt is referring to the Opti Crap, I mean Opti Spark the GM distributor that is particular to the LT-1 and LT-4 engines. It uses an internal optical wheel to control timing and spark delivery. When it is working it is a good piece. It mounts on the timing cover (Behind the water pump, see where I am going!) It drives directly off of the front of the cam and when you puke a water pump or drive through any kind of deep water, there goes your ignition system!! It does not like moisture and even living in a real humid area can have a slow effect it. You have to remove the water pump and balancer to change it. Been there, done that a couple of times myself and they are not cheap to replace.
        Jim & Maureen
        There is a fine line between hobby and obsession and I think I crossed it!!
        HRPT Long Haulers 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012 & 2013

Comment

Patrick & Tammy
          - Long Haulin' 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2014...Addicting isn't it...??

Comment

wasn't that a pontiac motor?
            2007 Power Tour Long Haul
            2008 Power Tour Long Haul
            2009 Canadian Points East Tour
            2009 Power Tour Michigan Stop
            2011 Power Tour Muskegeon & Detroit Stops
            2012 Power Tour Long Haul
            2012 Northeast Rod Run
            2013 Northeast Rod Run

Comment

• 326.....Pontiac Tempest!
              Long Haul Gang 2011,12,13,14,15,16,17,19
              The older I get The Faster I was!

Comment

• 3 2 6
                Phil / Omaha

Comment

• 326... Jim, luckily, out of all the Camaro's I've owned, I've never had to change one of those. Hey, it's Sushi Tuesday!!!
                  sigpic

"People Sleep Peacefully in their beds at Night Because Rough Men Stand Ready to do violence on their Behalf."
                  - George Orwell

Comment

• 326/10..........10 days until we go to Sioux City!!
                    Last edited by Shameless; July 10, 2012, 05:43 AM.
                    Mary, Ed,
                    Earl and Maybelline
                    Long Hauler 08,09,10,11,12,13
                    Inside every old man is a little boy!

Comment

Originally posted by Bucky67 View Post
                      326...Hey, it's Sushi Tuesday!!!
                      I'm with Bradshaw.......out here we call that stuff bait!!
                      Ed, Mary, & 'Earl'
                      HRPT LongHaulers, 08, 09, 10, 11, 12, 13, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19.

Inside every old person is a young person wondering, "what the hell happened?"

The man at the top of the mountain didn't fall there. -Vince Lombardi

Comment

Originally posted by 69SS 350 5 Speed View Post
                        326... Poncho power. Matt is referring to the Opti Crap, I mean Opti Spark the GM distributor that is particular to the LT-1 and LT-4 engines. It uses an internal optical wheel to control timing and spark delivery. When it is working it is a good piece. It mounts on the timing cover (Behind the water pump, see where I am going!) It drives directly off of the front of the cam and when you puke a water pump or drive through any kind of deep water, there goes your ignition system!! It does not like moisture and even living in a real humid area can have a slow effect it. You have to remove the water pump and balancer to change it. Been there, done that a couple of times myself and they are not cheap to replace.
                        I first considered an LT1 when I decided to build a small block roller for the Malibu. For about ten seconds. Then I remembered all of the nonsense that goes with that front distributor setup. Never seemed like a great idea having the electronics that close to the cooling system.
                        ...when you got a fast car, you think you've got everything.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZpvfmSL6WkM

Comment

• Ed & Jane Tampa, FL
                          1966 Plymouth Fury III
                          2014 Dodge Ram 1500
                          Long Hauler - 2009,2010,2012,2013,2014
                          Cocoa Beach & Valdosta - 2011

Comment

• 326 a lot of things going on next weekend. Mecum auction in Des. Moines, the Sioux City event, and Car Craft at the MN State Fairgrounds.
                            Jim & Cathy North Mankato, MN Long Haulers '04,07,08,09,10,11,12,13,14,18,21Short Haul '05,'15,'17,’19 WST '14,'15,'16,'17,’18

Comment

• 326...Wishing you a very belated Happy Birthday Donna!

Linda

Comment

• ONLY 326 days to go again and thanks Jim for the education. I knew what you were explaining, I just didn't know what Matt was talking about..Here's two GT-H's Which one is mine..

Last edited by street72; July 10, 2012, 01:05 PM.
                                I just love my Hot Rods.

Long Hauled 2009,2010,2011,2012 and 2013. Loved every minute of it.

Comment

Working...
                                X