No announcement yet.

"Official" Unofficial HRPT 2013 Countdown

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 356..Found that the road hazard warranty might be worth the paper it was written on Tire should arrive Friday and we'll see where we land!!
    Patrick & Tammy
    - Long Haulin' 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2014...Addicting isn't it...??

Comment

Sean
      LH 2008,09,10,11,12,14
      Drivin' it home!
      http://www.bangshift.com/forum/showt...h-Expectations.
      Some people are like slinkies - not really good for much.
      But they bring a smile to your face when pushed down the stairs.

Comment

• Originally posted by pintoboy77 View Post
        Just got home and settled in after I went and picked up Brutus or at least most of him.HaHa (sorry Brutus)

Wish I was still there with all the fine freaks,and wish we could have spent more time with you guys maybe next year Mendy can get around better and mingle in the crowd, we had to stay in the back,but that did'nt stop some guy from tripping over her foot trying to cut through the crowd and cut our day short on Sunday.

Have fun and be safe all.
        i saw you in warren...as you where leaving the resturant. i saw you in muskegen....as you where leaving the venue. maybe i'll get a chance to meet you next year
        Bruce, Sanford, Fl

welcome to my world

Comment

Mary, Ed,
          Earl and Maybelline
          Long Hauler 08,09,10,11,12,13
          Inside every old man is a little boy!

Comment

• got home sunday night. got caught up with work, almost. jumped on here for a quicky and see this thread is already 14 pages long
            holy hot rod, batman!

Bruce, Sanford, Fl

welcome to my world

Comment

• Originally posted by cobra View Post
              got home sunday night. got caught up with work, almost. jumped on here for a quicky and see this thread is already 14 pages long
              holy hot rod, batman!

It was started on the 2nd day of the PT.
              "Somewhere the zebra is dancing". Garth Stein's The art of racing in the rain.

Matt

Comment

• Originally posted by Orange95Z View Post
                It was started on the 2nd day of the PT.
                356.... Can you blame em?!?! Some people are just that excited and can't wait for next year.... Like me!!! BTW- twice now that you've posted on the countdown thread and No countdown..... Hmmmmm, what gives?!!?
                Last edited by Bucky67; June 12, 2012, 10:19 AM.
                sigpic

"People Sleep Peacefully in their beds at Night Because Rough Men Stand Ready to do violence on their Behalf."
                - George Orwell

Comment

• Originally posted by Bucky67 View Post
                  356.... Can you blame em?!?! Some people are just that excited and can't wait for next year.... Like me!!! BTW- twice now that you've posted on the countdown thread and No countdown..... Hmmmmm, what gives?!!?
                  It's tradition that the countdown be started by the 1st LH'er to get home after PT, and I've never heard you couldn't post in the countdown without counting down. Nothing against Jim,at all, just hate to see the tradition get lost.
                  Last edited by Pumpkin; June 12, 2012, 10:59 AM.
                  "Somewhere the zebra is dancing". Garth Stein's The art of racing in the rain.

Matt

Comment

• 356... You've never heard that you couldn't post in the coutdown without counting down...... Hmmmm..... I think it's called the "Countdown" thread for a reason.... Ha Ha Ha!!!

I've been a member since 2010, been lurking since 2008 and never once have I heard that only Long Haulers can start a thread until "after" the tour has ended. Sorry Matt, but that's new to me.
                    sigpic

"People Sleep Peacefully in their beds at Night Because Rough Men Stand Ready to do violence on their Behalf."
                    - George Orwell

Comment

• Originally posted by Bucky67 View Post
                      356... You've never heard that you couldn't post in the coutdown without counting down...... Hmmmm..... I think it's called the "Countdown" thread for a reason.... Ha Ha Ha!!!

I've been a member since 2010, been lurking since 2008 and never once have I heard that only Long Haulers can start a thread until "after" the tour has ended. Sorry Matt, but that's new to me.
                      356...here we go...the countdown has been started by the first long hauler to get home since 2005 when we were still on the HR site. As far as posting without doing the countdown, it's been a loose "requirement" for the last couple of years.

We all know this group is like herding cats, so we normally don't say much if someone doesn't post the countdown. Besides this year's countdown was started before we really know that next year is going to start on June 1st. It's happened before that the start has been the 2nd Saturday in June.

I heard many times during PT that people post and lurk on this site because we all get along so well. Let's put this behind us because in the grand scheme of life there are more important things. I know alot of people in Colorado who would love to know if they have a house that hasn't been burned down by the 50,000 acre fire.

Linda

p.s.-can someone help me off my soapbox?

Comment

• Originally posted by 1cheapstreet View Post
                        356...here we go...the countdown has been started by the first long hauler to get home since 2005 when we were still on the HR site. As far as posting without doing the countdown, it's been a loose "requirement" for the last couple of years.

We all know this group is like herding cats, so we normally don't say much if someone doesn't post the countdown. Besides this year's countdown was started before we really know that next year is going to start on June 1st. It's happened before that the start has been the 2nd Saturday in June.

I heard many times during PT that people post and lurk on this site because we all get along so well. Let's put this behind us because in the grand scheme of life there are more important things. I know alot of people in Colorado who would love to know if they have a house that hasn't been burned down by the 50,000 acre fire.

Linda

p.s.-can someone help me off my soapbox?
                        Here Linda heres a hand if you need it. It was nice meeting you and Ken in the "D" as well as everybody else we talked to I seen alot of other people there I would have liked to have talked to,but they where busy with others and I don't like to interupt people when they are talking.

I seen another power tour bad luck victim today in Ohio,I did'nt get the chance to stop I was on a 911 call, but my buddies at the Good Year will take good care of them. Have a safe trip back to Michigan.
                        Greg & Mendy Dayton, Ohio 2007LH 2008LH 2010LH 2011LH 2012 1st 2 stops 2013LH 2015 1st 2 stops2016LH 2017 first and last stops . 2018 LH ("It's better to be dead and cool than alive and uncool!! Harley Davidson!")

Comment

• 356 to go!
                          Jim & Cathy North Mankato, MN Long Haulers '04,07,08,09,10,11,12,13,14,18,21Short Haul '05,'15,'17,’19 WST '14,'15,'16,'17,’18

Comment

• 356. New wheels for next power tour arrived in the mail today. weld rt-s
                            Last edited by falfa62; June 12, 2012, 05:33 PM.

Comment

• 356.... Linda- I couldn't agree with you more!! Never once have I heard, or did I know that was the "tradition" here on BS. How many "newbies" do you think knew that?!?! I for one, could care less who starts the countdown, or when it get's started. I do have more important things to worry about other than "this is how it has been done since 2005". So, before you quote me and throw me under the bus, you might want to actually address the person that had an issue with it.....

In fact, if it was such an important topic, then I must ask, why did someone actually make it "sticky". Call me crazy, but I'm assuming that would have been a Moderator?!?! Once again, I could care less who starts it and when; I'm just thankful that I'm able to be a part of it.
                              Last edited by Bucky67; June 12, 2012, 06:00 PM.
                              sigpic

- George Orwell

Comment

• 356....Cant we all just get along.....hahahaha.....there are no written rules (that I know of), and Linda has a great point,..maybe we should combine all our efforts to help those in need of our help with the fires. I really dont care who starts the countdown, as long as it gets started by one of us, and THE MODERATOR RECOGNIZES IT. Its just a countdown, and we are all family, and family disagrees and agrees. Lets just have a blast and count down the days till we all get to see/pick on eachother again.
                                HRPT LH- 09,10,11,12
                                DW- 12,16,17
                                "Stay thirsty my friends"
                                The worlds most interesting man

Comment

Working...
                                X