• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 8 0
    Phil / Omaha

Comment

Jim & Maureen
      There is a fine line between hobby and obsession and I think I crossed it!!
      HRPT Long Haulers 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012 & 2013

Comment

2013 Hot Rod Power Tour
        Saturday, June 1 - University of Texas, Arlington, TX
        Sunday, June 2 - Four States Fair, Texarcana, AR
        Monday, June 3 - Arkansas State Fair, Little Rock, AR
        Tuesday, June 4 - Memphis Raceway, Memphis, TN
        Wednesday, June 5 - Regions Stadium, Birmingham, AL
        Thursday, June 6 - Chattanooga ST, Chattanooga, TN
        Friday, June 7 - Charlotte Speedway, Charlotte, NC

Comment

Last Car Leaving LR
          Last edited by 1956NY150; March 13, 2013, 05:47 AM.

Comment

• 80.... If you haven't seen the Jeff Gordon & Pepsi Max "Test Drive" commercial that went viral yesterday, you need to watch it. I can't remember the last time I laughed that hard!!!
            sigpic

"People Sleep Peacefully in their beds at Night Because Rough Men Stand Ready to do violence on their Behalf."
            - George Orwell

Comment

• m 80...
              Mary, Ed,
              Earl and Maybelline
              Long Hauler 08,09,10,11,12,13
              Inside every old man is a little boy!

Comment

• Originally posted by Rocketman View Post

Did you get there by boat or bridge
                by road

+4
                Last edited by cobra; March 13, 2013, 07:27 AM.
                Bruce, Sanford, Fl

welcome to my world

Comment

Pt 2010, Long Haul 2011,12,13,14,15,16,17, 18, 19, 23
                  If you wait, all that happens is that you get older

Comment

Comment

• Originally posted by Rocketman View Post

Did you get there by boat or bridge

Ouch...

Double ouch...

80!

And ouch is right.............I actually saw it happen in my rear view and knew what precipitated it.............talked to the owner in Miami and he told me what happened behind him!

My posse was in front and we were taking the "short cut" up the highway. I believe it was after the stop at Mid-America on the way to St Louis. I was in the back of the group and all of the sudden I saw brake lights, swerving and things started pelleting the car. Of course, I braked, and the group behind me started scattering. I saw the Cutlass swerve to the shoulder, hit the guard rail and then swerve toward the median...........

I was pissed all day..........felt so bad.............knew that they probably got on the brakes because we did.............

Talked to our group leader and apparently they had put gravel in the cracks of the road and then didn't seal them with black top..........gravel all over everyone's car........

Then I saw the Cutlass at the truck stop in St Louis. He was hit from behind by a rat rod, which also got a lot of damage.............

Apparently they both got bandaged, no one sustained bodily injury and they continued on the Power Tour. Heart breaking, but not the end of the world.

Comment

• Originally posted by dianeokie View Post
                        80!

And ouch is right.............I actually saw it happen in my rear view and knew what precipitated it.............talked to the owner in Miami and he told me what happened behind him!

My posse was in front and we were taking the "short cut" up the highway. I believe it was after the stop at Mid-America on the way to St Louis. I was in the back of the group and all of the sudden I saw brake lights, swerving and things started pelleting the car. Of course, I braked, and the group behind me started scattering. I saw the Cutlass swerve to the shoulder, hit the guard rail and then swerve toward the median...........

I was pissed all day..........felt so bad.............knew that they probably got on the brakes because we did.............

Talked to our group leader and apparently they had put gravel in the cracks of the road and then didn't seal them with black top..........gravel all over everyone's car........

Then I saw the Cutlass at the truck stop in St Louis. He was hit from behind by a rat rod, which also got a lot of damage.............

Apparently they both got bandaged, no one sustained bodily injury and they continued on the Power Tour. Heart breaking, but not the end of the world.
                        I heard the rat rod had NO insurance
                        the olds owner earlier in the tour replaced a clutch plate in the parking lot of the hotel we were at
                        2007 Power Tour Long Haul
                        2008 Power Tour Long Haul
                        2009 Canadian Points East Tour
                        2009 Power Tour Michigan Stop
                        2011 Power Tour Muskegeon & Detroit Stops
                        2012 Power Tour Long Haul
                        2012 Northeast Rod Run
                        2013 Northeast Rod Run

Comment

Definition of the day:

Lymph (v.), to walk with a lisp.
                          Last edited by oletrux4evr; March 13, 2013, 01:09 PM.
                          Ed, Mary, & 'Earl'
                          HRPT LongHaulers, 08, 09, 10, 11, 12, 13, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19.

Inside every old person is a young person wondering, "what the hell happened?"

The man at the top of the mountain didn't fall there. -Vince Lombardi

Comment

OH YEAH
                            Long haul 07. 08. 10, 11, and 13. Looking forward to 2014

Comment

• 80 to go!
                              Jim & Cathy North Mankato, MN Long Haulers '04,07,08,09,10,11,12,13,14,18,21Short Haul '05,'15,'17,’19 WST '14,'15,'16,'17,’18

Comment

• 80... Found out last week table saws got to eat too..lost part of the inside of my index finger on left hand. good thing I am right handed.

Comment

Working...
                                X