No announcement yet.

"Official" Unofficial HRPT 2013 Countdown

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 30... It was 80 here yesterday. Looking at a high of 55 today and 45 tomorrow. I hope it warms back up so the snow melts quick for our northern friends.

Is that grease or gear lube on your brake shoes Mike??
    Last edited by 69SS 350 5 Speed; May 2, 2013, 04:18 AM.
    Jim & Maureen
    There is a fine line between hobby and obsession and I think I crossed it!!
    HRPT Long Haulers 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012 & 2013

Comment

• 3 0
      Phil / Omaha

Comment

• 30.... That's crazy that ya'll got that much snow!! WTH is going on here?!?!
        sigpic

"People Sleep Peacefully in their beds at Night Because Rough Men Stand Ready to do violence on their Behalf."
        - George Orwell

Comment

• Yeah, 30
          2011 Long Hauler
          2011 Corvette Grand Sport-650 HP Edelbrock Eforce SC 6 speed paddleshift auto

1979 Pontiac Trans Am-800 hp 5 speed Richmond Super Street OD with Long shifter

Comment

Originally posted by 173rdherd View Post
            no wonder I didn't have brakes[ATTACH=CONFIG]21090[/ATTACH]30....chevy guys.....spot the problem? this is the left rear
            Everything is put together backwards, Mike. Someone put the emergency brake assembly to the front of the drum. Looks like that tore the hell out of the top of the rear brake shoe. If we would have known that we could have fixed it all in the time it took the underneath crew to figure out how to unbolt that old, cast iron powerglide.
            ...when you got a fast car, you think you've got everything.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZpvfmSL6WkM

Comment

• Ed & Jane Tampa, FL
              1966 Plymouth Fury III
              2014 Dodge Ram 1500
              Long Hauler - 2009,2010,2012,2013,2014
              Cocoa Beach & Valdosta - 2011

Comment

• 30 - If it ever stops snowing.
                Attached Files
                Chris - HRPT Long Haul 03, 04, 05, 13, 14, 15,16 & 18
                74 Nova Project
                66 Mustang GT Project

92 Camaro RS Convertible Project
                79 Chevy Truck Project
                1956 Cadillac Project

Comment

I believe this is Anthony's truck:

Last edited by oletrux4evr; May 2, 2013, 10:05 AM.
                  Ed, Mary, & 'Earl'
                  HRPT LongHaulers, 08, 09, 10, 11, 12, 13, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19.

Inside every old person is a young person wondering, "what the hell happened?"

The man at the top of the mountain didn't fall there. -Vince Lombardi

Comment

Comment

• 30...Leaving for Texas the 30th. We ended up with 7 inches of wet heavy snow on the trees and grass but streets and sidewalks all melted. Now just have to hope it will all melt in time for Saturday's baseball schedule or we postpone some more games.

Linda

Comment

• Originally posted by 69SS 350 5 Speed View Post
                        30... It was 80 here yesterday. Looking at a high of 55 today and 45 tomorrow. I hope it warms back up so the snow melts quick for our northern friends.

Is that grease or gear lube on your brake shoes Mike??
                        yes a combination of both......when I pulled the axle, i saw that it had been replaced once already, but the guy used the old lock collar and tack welded it to the axle, then didn't use a gasket, just smeared some rtv on it. I wonder why the bearing was shot and the seal leaked?

Originally posted by 67 Malibu View Post

Everything is put together backwards, Mike. Someone put the emergency brake assembly to the front of the drum. Looks like that tore the hell out of the top of the rear brake shoe. If we would have known that we could have fixed it all in the time it took the underneath crew to figure out how to unbolt that old, cast iron powerglide.
                        yes, primary (small) and secondary (longer) shoes are swapped(small shoe forward....all 4 wheels....always, as secondary,rear, does 70% of the work ) and car didn't come with self adjusters from factory....aftermarket kit added, but it is a right rear kit( tell tale yellow wire, left rears are grey) and puts it on backwards. I am pretty sure, however that the park brake can only go where it is, attached by that 9/16 castle nut under the glob of grease. The right rear was all in pieces where it came apart under load......which is why I couldn't run behind Earl any longer than I did.
                        Maybe I can clear this up.....I thought the cop was a prostitute.

Comment

• ONLY 30 days to go and our car club is having it's annual auction night where you bring your junk from your garage and relocate it to someone else's garage for money.. And crazy find Mike, all I caught was a weld goober on the back shoe..

This is the best I have for 30, don't write and tell me it is 37... It's 30 Vii..

I just love my Hot Rods.

Long Hauled 2009,2010,2011,2012 and 2013. Loved every minute of it.

Comment

• 30. Hey Rett, is that 37 or 30 VII? Working in Rochester today in over a foot of snow. What a mess.
                            Last edited by moparjim71; May 2, 2013, 01:58 PM.
                            Jim & Cathy North Mankato, MN Long Haulers '04,07,08,09,10,11,12,13,14,18,21Short Haul '05,'15,'17,’19 WST '14,'15,'16,'17,’18

Comment

Pt 2010, Long Haul 2011,12,13,14,15,16,17, 18, 19, 23
                              If you wait, all that happens is that you get older

Comment

But leaving in 27
                                Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                                X