RK Machine the afternoon of the 7th

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RK Machine the afternoon of the 7th

OK folks, I have good news. For those of you who are interested we will be able to run through the machine shop/museum/collection of my good friend Rick Kirk. Ricks place is a jumping off spot for HRPT folks and it has been visited previously on the tours. Titus visited a few years ago during his tour experience. This place is chocked full of automotive performance history of all kinds. It really is a must see.

Tracey and I will be making our way to the Ripley/Stillwater area the morning of the 7th and we plan on meeting y'all there. Please check back to this thread for updates as the situation is currently pretty fluid. There won't be room for all 5,000 plus HRPT participants but the tour is open to all of our fellow freaks.

Please keep in touch and call or text me anytime at 479-263-3326.

See you soon, Dean Bitner
    Last edited by RSRXION; June 3, 2012, 09:31 PM.

Thanks Dean! We are looking forward to your updates!!
    Patrick & Tammy
    - Long Haulin' 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2014...Addicting isn't it...??

Comment

I'll be there...We've stopped at Rick's place before on the Power Tour.

check out May 8, 2001:

I even offered to marry his daughter if it would get me some of those Fords.
      [email protected]

Comment

Thanks Dean!
        This PT keeps getting better and better!!!
        Sean
        LH 2008,09,10,11,12,14
        Drivin' it home!
        http://www.bangshift.com/forum/showt...h-Expectations.
        Some people are like slinkies - not really good for much.
        But they bring a smile to your face when pushed down the stairs.

Comment

Ok guys, here's the update. Tracey and I just left Ricks place and we are on track for this afternoon. If possible we can caravan put to his address at RK Machine, 6404 S Ripley highway in Ripley, Ok. If everyone is on track let's try to leave the OSU campus venue at about 4:30. For those of you who can't make that departure schedule, come on out when you can. We want to try to wrap things up at Ricks about 7:00.

Call me at 479-263-3326 if you have any questions or input.

Comment

I setup to see him as well and his collection around 2:30 or 3. He never showed up. Was he there for you?
            Ryan's Cars in Barns Blog
            www.carsinbarns.blogspot.com

Comment

Originally posted by Devil View Post
              I setup to see him as well and his collection around 2:30 or 3. He never showed up. Was he there for you?
              we got in to see the collection in town as well as his shop at about 530 or so. bad ass collection for sure. ford fan or not, this guy has it all!! the history to be seen and the stories to hear. wow, just wow!! while we where there, a couple of true gentlemen dropped off their 66 cobra to have rick work on the motor for them. an actual cobra with true race history. what a site to see. glad i took the time to go. took several pics, i will try an upload them as soon as we get home.

Comment

What a rush.. had to pinch Sean to make sure I wasn't dreaming!!LOL.. Wish we had a better crowd for this, but,
                Whatever... We really want to thank Dean for setting this up and Rick for taking time out to show us around this historical treasure!! I had better sign off.. my mouth is watering again...
                Patrick & Tammy
                - Long Haulin' 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2014...Addicting isn't it...??

Comment

Originally posted by forrest View Post
                  I'll be there...We've stopped at Rick's place before on the Power Tour.

check out May 8, 2001:

I even offered to marry his daughter if it would get me some of those Fords.
                  thanks for the link. very interesting. one thing though! tell the author the capital of new mexico is SANTE FE not ALBUQUERQUE. lol

Comment

We really enjoyed spending a few hours with you guys and we're glad you enjoyed the tour. Rick really is a class act and he's always been more than a little gracious when it comes to sharing his collection. For those of you who missed it, we'll make time to do it again in a few years. In the meantime you guys and gals stay safe on the road and we will catch up to you in 13.

Dean and Tracey

Comment

I guess he just didn't feel like showing his collection to the Mopar guys. Never even called me back.

Comment

Actually he is very accommodating. He had to be at the Mothers and Kicker booths after lunch time until I called him at about 5:00. In fact he was still at the Kicker booth at 5:00. The Econoline pickup with the mid mount 5.4 on display at the Kicker booth belongs to him. I wish you guys could have met up with us and we would have gladly included you guys in the tour. In fact, Rick let me take the group in for the first hour or so without him.

I've known him 30 years and he's never once been rude or said an unkind word to or about anyone. If you left a phone message at the office, he didn't get it until at least 9:00 pm. That's when we left and I know he never went to his desk before then. He prefers Fords by he has everything from Chevy to MG in his stuff. He would have taken you in like family no matter what you drive. I'll tell
                        you what.... Call me in about 5 or 6 years when we go back through Stillwater and I'll make sure you get the grand tour.

Thanks, Dean
                        Last edited by RSRXION; June 8, 2012, 08:41 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by MIKEE View Post
                          thanks for the link. very interesting. one thing though! tell the author the capital of new mexico is SANTE FE not ALBUQUERQUE. lol
                          Well, I'm the author and believe it or not, you're the first person in 11 years to catch that mistake.
                          [email protected]

Comment

I've been in contact with him now for a few weeks about my Mopar group coming to see his collection that afternoon. And then verified that we were coming with him just a few days prior. And called him and reminded him we were coming just the day before. He never mentioned any of what he was doing. Just that he would be at the shop and to come by.

It would appear that he just forgot about us Mopar guys. Either purposefully or not, it doesn't matter. We aren't going back anytime soon.

Comment

Originally posted by forrest View Post
                              Well, I'm the author and believe it or not, you're the first person in 11 years to catch that mistake.
                              - Santa Fe -
                              Phil / Omaha

Comment

Working...
                              X