Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My Side Curtain Airbags Went Off During the Auto X

In case you didn't hear already...

Apparently video is online too but I think it is a private FB video, a friend of mine can see it and knows the guy that took it so I'm sort of working on that. If anyone was out there and took video, post it up. Sounds like a good bangshift article once the video is found to go with it!

I didn't hit anything, not even a cone. Never got out of first gear. The g reading on the DIC were like .92 on the left and .87 on the right. Nothing crazy, I've seen higher on the street. Hell, I don't know when the last time I reset those were and they hold the peaks until reset, those might have been from the street.

The GM guys at Power Tour weren't much help. The big display told me to see the medic guys. The medic guys told me only the dealer could do anything at all. Unless they started making calls behind the scenes I'm at the complete mercy of the dealer today. The seat belt pretensioners fired too. So we can't put those on. The airbags can be cut out and we can finish long hauling without them. We need seat belts though. Hoping since that is a crash thing and it is really just a CTS the seat belts will be a stocked item. Hell, I'll take wrong color ones or whatever. They just need to work. If they can't at least get me seat belts today, I better get a loaner...

A loaner on power tour??? Who wants to have some fun? We'll make something good out of this somehow.

Apparently the Optima guys gave one of my buddies his card to get ahold of him because they want to see it in the shootout in Texas.

Oh, I got married yesterday too. On Power Tour. And it wasn't even my idea! I guess that is why I got married
    1968 Torino - DOHC 4.6L/T56 swap project
    2011 CTS-V Wagon - TR-6060 equipped

All I can say is Wow, never heard of anything like that happening before. Will be interesting to see was GM has to say about that.
    It's not the destination, but the journey and the friends you make along the way that counts.

Comment

I've gotten in touch with a guy in Warren in service. He's working on getting me some parts from the plant in Lansing, but I need to get them here some how. I left dealer a message saying if I can get a rental, I will go get the parts. Waiting for them to call back. Closest parts at a dealer are in Chicago, twice as far as Lansing.

I have no idea what a normal customer would do today, they'd be stuck for sure.

Comment

Can't see pictures at work, were you in a CTS-V?

That's crazy! Regardless, that should be fixed at no cost to you..

Congrats on the marriage too! It definitely would have been easier to marry a car gal, but I'm afraid they're be no voice of reason in my house if that happened.
        Powertour off/on since 2002
        sigpic

Comment

you were trying to lighten the car - race harnesses and chop the airbags off aren't an option?

Congrats on the nuptuals
          Last edited by SuperBuickGuy; June 4, 2012, 07:25 AM.
          Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

Married on power tour - is that a first? Evidence that you found a very rare lady indeed - congratulations!

The air bag thing sure stinks on many levels, I hope that GM will make it right - having the G ratings stored should certainly help your case.
            There's always something new to learn.

Comment

Originally posted by milner351 View Post
              Married on power tour - Evidence that you found a very rare lady indeed - congratulations !

Comment

WOW..... is all I have to say about this

Definitely want to see what the final outcome is
                1999 Power Tour - 3 Stops
                2006 Power Tour Long Hauler
                2008-2012 Northeast Rod Run

Comment

I was unable to get seat belts for the car today. The dealer put me in a loaner 3.0L CTS that I'm going to hot lap the shit out of all day at gateway. I get it until Monday and the car will be fixed, f'd up headliner and all when I get back. I was told by someone at GM that this won't be covered by warranty but the dealer hasn't said that, they were the sponsor of the auto x, one of their techs was at the event, and I've been told they have a great reputation

Comment

And we arrived at the event site around 5:15 today. Not too shabby. That little 3.0 is doing all it can to maintain 80 though

Comment

Originally posted by 4 cam torino View Post
                      And we arrived at the event site around 5:15 today. Not too shabby. That little 3.0 is doing all it can to maintain 80 though
                      Looking at your signature...you're now on plan C.

Comment

Touche'. Owned

Comment

Dont't pop the air bags on that one.
                          It's not the destination, but the journey and the friends you make along the way that counts.

Comment

A friend popped the air bags of a rented CTS (non-V) a few weeks ago at a track event. No collision, but he had been hooning around, up on two wheels over curbings and stuff ... so I guess the computer looked at the situation and figured he was about to crash. It happened late in the day after I had already left, not sure how that one ended up!

cheers
                            Ed
                            Ed Nicholson - Caledon Ontario - a bit NW of Toronto
                            07 Mustang GT with some stuff
                            88 T-Bird Turbo Coupe 5-speed

Comment

I think I met you in the elevator at the hotel! Didn't realize you were a BS'er. You got on and forgot to hit your floor and made a remark that your airbags had gone off on the auto-x... :-)
                              2012 HRPT Long Hauler / Interstate Queen

Comment

Working...
                              X