Official 2012 HRPT Pics.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by oletrux4evr View Post
    So is throwin' rolls like working with gloves on ?

I gotta get ready for Memphis - need me some BBQ and Blues -
    Try the "Whole Hog" in Little Rock.........[/QUOTE]

Rendezvous here i come.
    Bruce, Sanford, Fl

welcome to my world

Comment

• Comment

• Originally posted by 1956NY150 View Post
        Standing around in the rain - and glad to be there seeing friends.
        Phil / Omaha

Comment

• More Pics -- June 1st Church gathering & VA Med Center Show

Here are a few pics from June 1st -- Church gathering and the VA Med Center Car show
          Attached Files

Comment

• Comment

• Click image for larger version

Name:	PICT0145.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	90.2 KB
ID:	862854Click image for larger version

Name:	PICT0141.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	76.8 KB
ID:	862853preliminary inspection results looks like #2 rod/cap
              Maybe I can clear this up.....I thought the cop was a prostitute.

Comment

• Originally posted by 173rdherd View Post
                [ATTACH=CONFIG]12380[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]12379[/ATTACH]preliminary inspection results looks like #2 rod/cap
                OUCH So that's what they are suppose to look like??...I would have never guessed
                FKA Redragtop
                (formerly known as)

Comment

[ATTACH=CONFIG]12380[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]12379[/ATTACH]preliminary inspection results looks like #2 rod/cap
                  I second that Ouch...... How's the crank and did the cylinder get cracked?

Ed & Jane Tampa, FL
                  1966 Plymouth Fury III
                  2014 Dodge Ram 1500
                  Long Hauler - 2009,2010,2012,2013,2014
                  Cocoa Beach & Valdosta - 2011

Comment

• i'm sure the crank is damaged, so it will be a complete teardown before I find out any more. I have a 350 that appears to be in pretty good shape that I am going to prep first and if all is well, use it. It was stored pretty well, so I am hoping for the best. I have another 283 but would rather the 67 cubes in a newer block(78 opposed to 61-64). I also have a 65-66 HP 327 with 461x heads, but want it for the 53 with the Muncie-22 now that the 700R4 is going in the 58........not touching the 350/350 in the 57.Will post pics when I get to the teardown.
                    Last edited by 173rdherd; July 3, 2012, 07:00 AM.
                    Maybe I can clear this up.....I thought the cop was a prostitute.

Comment

• Originally posted by 70chevyC-10 View Post
                      Here come da Judge -
                      I was so excited to see you Phil, that I started pointing instead of waving! HA,HA!!!
                      HRPT LH- 09,10,11,12
                      DW- 12,16,17
                      "Stay thirsty my friends"
                      The worlds most interesting man

Comment

• Originally Posted by 173rdherd
                        Attachment 12380Attachment 12379preliminary inspection results looks like #2 rod/cap

I would concur.
                        Jim & Cathy North Mankato, MN Long Haulers '04,07,08,09,10,11,12,13,14,18,21Short Haul '05,'15,'17,’19 WST '14,'15,'16,'17,’18

Comment

i'm sure the crank is damaged, so it will be a complete teardown before I find out any more. I have a 350 that appears to be in pretty good shape that I am going to prep first and if all is well, use it. It was stored pretty well, so I am hoping for the best. I have another 283 but would rather the 67 cubes in a newer block(78 opposed to 61-64). I also have a 65-66 HP 327 with 461x heads, but want it for the 53 with the Muncie-22 now that the 700R4 is going in the 58........not touching the 350/350 in the 57.Will post pics when I get to the teardown.
                          Glad to see that you finally got some answers to what happened, Mike. I was looking forward to dropping the pan when we got to Jim's last weekend but didn't know that Jim had already made another trip to Texas to swap the engines. You may need to use the '58 oil pan to clear the '58 frame when you put another small block in the car. Chevrolet didn't start standardizing most of the oil pans until the seventies. Some will drop right in & clear the frame & inner tie rod ends & some will not.
                          ...when you got a fast car, you think you've got everything.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZpvfmSL6WkM

Comment

• Originally posted by 67 Malibu View Post
                            ... Some will drop right in & clear the frame & inner tie rod ends & some will not.
                            Sounds like a job for a plasma cutter to get those pesky parts out of the way of the oil pan!

Comment

• Sounds like you have a new boat anchor..
                              I just love my Hot Rods.

Long Hauled 2009,2010,2011,2012 and 2013. Loved every minute of it.

Comment

• Mike....that looks like a job that requires a cooler with six pack iced down. Good luck and happy 4th.
                                Long Haul Gang 2011,12,13,14,15,16,17,19
                                The older I get The Faster I was!

Comment

Working...
                                X